Trader Joe's

Anyone try the TJ's Beefless Bulgogi?

I'll need to go for their vegan chocolate chips/chunks, whichever are vegan, now that Aldi screwed theirs up 🙄
Can't even think of what else I want from them now. Hope they have the heirloom oranges!

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and PTree15
Anyone try the TJ's Beefless Bulgogi?

I'll need to go for their vegan chocolate chips/chunks, whichever are vegan, now that Aldi screwed theirs up 🙄
Can't even think of what else I want from them now. Hope they have the heirloom oranges!
I've never been able to get vegan chocolate chips at Aldi. The ones they sell in my area have milk in them. <sigh>

I've never been able to get vegan chocolate chips at Aldi. The ones they sell in my area have milk in them. <sigh>
They were Specialty Select Belgium and came in either semi sweet with milk, or dark without. They were gone a while and when they came back I found only one type and they have milk. Now they're labeled "Premium" instead of Belgium. They were soooo good!
I hope TJs still has them, it's been a long time since I looked.
I'm really wanting cookies too

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15
Almost stopped there today, maybe tomorrow
Most were definitely not vegan, but the biggest disappointment were the dark chocolate coated strawberries--milk powder :mad:. Buy hey, gluten free 🙄
I do want to try the tempura seaweed snacks
I didn't see these No product found
Which I will also be trying!

I like their sesame sticks, they're great as croutons for both soup & salads, as well as a snack. I don't eat too many of them!

Oh, I also like these that weren't featured:

Don't know why link comes up "no product found", they work when I click on them :shrug:
I use Fooducate for everything!

Trader Joe's Crunchy Almond Butter Puffs

I've been using these as an after dinner snack. No milk. just pour myself a small bowl of them and eat them while watching TV. For me they are a good mix of crunchy and sweet. And not unhealthy.

Also as far as a snack goes, fairly economical.

Almost stopped there today, maybe tomorrow
Most were definitely not vegan, but the biggest disappointment were the dark chocolate coated strawberries--milk powder :mad:. Buy hey, gluten free 🙄
I do want to try the tempura seaweed snacks
I didn't see these No product found
Which I will also be trying!

I like their sesame sticks, they're great as croutons for both soup & salads, as well as a snack. I don't eat too many of them!

Oh, I also like these that weren't featured:

Don't know why link comes up "no product found", they work when I click on them :shrug:
I use Fooducate for everything!
Is this it? This is what I see when I click no product found.
IMG_5442.png

@KLS52 Yes, that's one. The other is for their corn and quinoa jalepano puffs. They're spicy, but keeps me from eating too much!

Reactions: KLS52
I found a nice small pouch of squeezable miso paste! I'm very excited that it's not huge because I need it only for a few recipes, so I don't need a lot. I could never find it in a smaller container. So happy!

1690480446736.png

Warning: TJ's is full of Christmasy goodies that aren't vegan :confused: :mad:
I was soooo tempted by all the candies. :worried:

I got the cruciferous crunch mix, a purple yam, a bag of grapefruit, can of coconut milk and one of jackfruit
Oh--and Horseradish & chives potato chips! They're interesting. Hopefully won't want to eat the whole bag like I almost did with kettle chips o_O
and the olive and herb mixed nuts

TJ's has been disappointing me of late. I bought some Earth Balance there last week, and when I opened the tub the other day there was mold in it! Some produce I bought there (greens and broccoli) also went bad too quickly. I may limit my TJ's purchases to dry, frozen and canned goods.

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
TJ's has been disappointing me of late. I bought some Earth Balance there last week, and when I opened the tub the other day there was mold in it! Some produce I bought there (greens and broccoli) also went bad too quickly. I may limit my TJ's purchases to dry, frozen and canned goods.
Now my TJ things are the cruciferous crunch salad mix, soy milk, tempeh, soy chorizo, frozen edamame, sometimes nuts or dried mango
You like tempeh? I'm going to try and make it more often. TJ's is the best price

Reactions: Lou and PTree15
Now my TJ things are the cruciferous crunch salad mix, soy milk, tempeh, soy chorizo, frozen edamame, sometimes nuts or dried mango
You like tempeh? I'm going to try and make it more often. TJ's is the best price
I do like tempeh, and I should make it more often. Good suggestion!

I only buy a few items at TJ`s as their produce is very expensive. I usually stock up on their crackers, organic ground coffee, Australian soft
liquorice etc. Some of their food is quite inexpensive and others items are on the contrary pricey.

• Informative
I'd be glad to get more ideas, I'm not much of a fan!
I like to use barbecue sauce for it. Or I turn it into bacon-like bits. I'll have to dig up that recipe. The bits are great in a salad.