Trader Joe's

Calliegirl

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've moved and the closest Trader's Joe's is now about an hour away. :(
The last time I was there I decided to try something new and bought South African seasoning blend. The smell and taste is really strong, definitely different than anything else I've used.

I also just found this on their website...

A Message to Customers Regarding Canadian Seafood and the Seal Hunt Issue

The Issue: It's been reported that some fishermen off Canada's East coast near Newfoundland kill baby seals in the off-season from fishing.
We looked into this, and we think it's important to tell you that we do not purchase any seafood items from the areas where the killing of seals is taking place. Our seafood products that are labeled "Product of Canada," come from reputable suppliers on Canada's West coast, or come from Alaska and are simply processed on Canada's West coast. None of these suppliers are involved in the seal hunt. In addition, we have no plans to purchase any seafood products from the East coast of Canada.

I miss them so much. :sigh:

I'm going to TJ's sometime today. The primary reason is to get dried banana chips for the bunnies, but I suspect it won't be the only thing I buy. :p

I heart TJ's so much. There's one about five minutes walk from my apartment, and they seem to be everywhere near where I am (I live in LA, so they really are everywhere). I was just there this morning.

I love Trader Joe's. I'm lucky to have one 15 minutes from where I work.

I'm on a FB group that's trying to bring a TJ's to London. I love love that store (plus it's wicked cheap!)

I never heard of them before joining this forum and VB. Looks like there is one 45 min away in Ohio where we are visiting next month... dunno if it's worth the trip.

I had serious TJ withdrawals when I moved from AZ to SWFL last year. But then a miracle happened. They opened one in February right here in Naples, first one in FL. Love it but there are some items they had in AZ that they don't stock here.

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I got a nice selection of things when I went today.
Freeze-dried banana chips for the buns, frozen vegan Pad Thai meal, big bag of baby carrots, five bananas, a mushroom noodle bowl, and TJ's soy chorizo. Husband also got two frozen meals and a canned veggie Thai curry thing.

I got a nice selection of things when I went today.
Freeze-dried banana chips for the buns, frozen vegan Pad Thai meal, big bag of baby carrots, five bananas, a mushroom noodle bowl, and TJ's soy chorizo. Husband also got two frozen meals and a canned veggie Thai curry thing.

I've tried that frozen Pad Thai, it's pretty good. Just had the soy chorizo this morning in tofu scramble... :)

It's the first time I've seen the frozen Pad Thai here.
The stores around here have stopped carrying the LightLife chorizo-style sausages that I like to put in red beans & rice, so hopefully the TJ's will be a good replacement (and cheaper!).

It's the first time I've seen the frozen Pad Thai here.
The stores around here have stopped carrying the LightLife chorizo-style sausages that I like to put in red beans & rice, so hopefully the TJ's will be a good replacement (and cheaper!).

I have only had the TJ's brand soy chorizo so can't tell whether it is better or worse but I like it.

Reactions: RabbitLuvr
I love their pumpernickel pretzels, and the "everything" pretzel slims. They also have the best prices around on organic tofu, almond butter, soymilk and a lot of my other staples.

The organic high-protein tofu is my favorite. and the organic unsweetened soymilk. and the best price on Tofurkey Italian Sausages.

The chocolate peanut butter cupcakes are pure delicious evil.

DO NOT BUY any of their bagged kale - vile, tough, bitter... even cooking doesn't redeem it.

Some of their best stuff are the nuts and dried fruit and trail mixes. They are really high quality and taste fresh, not rancid or stale. They have a really good assortment of trail mixes, plus an assortment of individual nuts and dried fruits so you can buy what you like and make your own trail mix, and all at a decent price, too.

ETA: TJ's started here in Southern California and they're headquartered here, so that's why they have more stores here than anywhere else. I don't plan to move out of the area, but if I ever do, I'd want to move somewhere where I have access to a TJ's, because I'd go crazy without them. :sniff:

yes, I often get the 50% less salt almonds. They have a chile lime cashew that's pretty amazing too.

And fresh flowers are always priced affordably.

AND, the cherry chocolate chip soy ice cream!!

Everyone who works there is always so pleasant too. I once remarked on that to a cashier, and she said, "It's the drugs they give us in back." :D

I agree with WonderRandy. Their vegan ice cream options are pretty awesome and not overly expensive. They have a lot of variety in many of their products.

Some of their best stuff are the nuts and dried fruit and trail mixes. They are really high quality and taste fresh, not rancid or stale. They have a really good assortment of trail mixes, plus an assortment of individual nuts and dried fruits so you can buy what you like and make your own trail mix, and all at a decent price, too.

ETA: TJ's started here in Southern California and they're headquartered here, so that's why they have more stores here than anywhere else. I don't plan to move out of the area, but if I ever do, I'd want to move somewhere where I have access to a TJ's, because I'd go crazy without them. :sniff:

That is what is nice about SC - they have so many health food shops. TJ's is really by far one of the best for their selection of goods. However I never buy fruit or veg as they are very expensive.

I really liked their Italian Tofu sausages and vegan ice cream which was quite cheap.

The staff are also very friendly and helpful plus you always get to sample food every time you go in.