The Weather.

It was pretty nice today despite being very cold this morning and only warming to the low 60's. The sun was shining though so that helped. Mornings will stay chilly.

Raining again today.
Thought I would check to see how Northern California is doing. (no need to check on SoCal. they are under water)
We are now a little over 100% of normal for this day. 65% of the annual total already. So far so good.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
How is this a possible snow scenario with temps at 43? 🤦🏻‍♀️ The low will be 37. You know it's going to be rain.

IMG_8383.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
It's sunny out, and it might hit 50 F today. That's crazy for February.

IMG_8406.jpegIMG_8407.jpeg🤔
For Tuesday...Snow lasting 18 hours...with a coating to an inch?? 😂

😞 I'm still holding out some hope though. I'll never give up even when I'm being a Negative Nelly. There's always that sliver of hope that lingers at the very base of my soul lol.

The current winter headlines issued by the NWS. Winter storm watches are up for all of CT, with the exception of the shoreline. Why? There is higher confidence of a 6"+ snowfall away from the coast than there is at the coast currently. As we get closer and the uncertainty diminishes, the coast will either see a winter storm watch/warning or winter weather advisory.

The lack of true cold at least initially is due to the lack of a classic block to the north. This can (and likely will) be overcome, but it introduces the risk of northern shifts of the storm track which, you guessed it, put the coast and maybe even southern CT at risk of more rain before a change to snow.

I felt cold earlier on and put the heating on, but it has suddenly brightened up and feels quite nice and warm and sunny. Unusual for February!

IMG_8447.jpegIMG_8449.jpegThis is the contradiction I have to deal with regarding Tuesday's "storm". Accuweather vs The Weather Channel apps.