The Weather.

The storm has moved much farther east and will come across the state from the Sarasota area. I am watching the latest report right now. Once it hits, it will slow down and the flooding will be monumental. It looks like it is going to track right up I-4. We will be under tropical storm conditions here. I am as prepared as I can be. I have flashlights, batteries, and I am charging up all my devices and battery packs. I will fill the freezer with ice but there is not much room.
And don't forget to unplug things like tv and computer, and I guess microwaves
Always seem to be something

Reactions: Chryssie
I hope our Florida members will be safe and OK! I have a few peeps in Florida as well. My stepbrother is in Spring Hill, but part of his job is helping with emergency preparedness, so he won't be going anywhere if they say he and his wife has to evacuate. I think he is north of Tampa (I have to look up where it is exactly, lol). Their daughter and her family are in Tampa, and my grandfather is in Punta Gorda. As usual, he's like, bah, I'm not evacuating. Fingers crossed that everybody stays safe.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou
The theme parks are all closing tomorrow and Thursday. I just talked to my sister; my niece works at Universal. I hope it weakens a bunch before it gets to me!
I hope so. too! I haven't seen the latest track. I will watch the news in a bit to see what's up.

They are saying right now there could be 30 inches of rain! It is more a rain event than wind though the winds will be tropical storm strength.

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15
They are saying right now there could be 30 inches of rain! It is more a rain event than wind though the winds will be tropical storm strength.
Are you worried about your car? Or water in your place? You're on ground floor right?
I can't imagine all the cars in flood waters, like what do you if it rises that high?
I just got a call from my boss. TJ Maxx is closed tomorrow. She said they will let me know about Thursday and Friday.
About time they called it! How ridiculous to think people should clothes shop while others evacuate!
Same with when we have a snow storm - it's just too much to risk if not necessary

I live up on a hill so I am not worried about flooding. People that live on lakes and rivers are going to be in trouble! The area in Deltona where my grandson's friend lives will be under water for sure. The rivers are already high from the abnormally wet month.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and PTree15
I live up on a hill so I am not worried about flooding. People that live on lakes and rivers are going to be in trouble! The area in Deltona where my grandson's friend lives will be under water for sure. The rivers are already high from the abnormally wet month.
Oh yeah, now I'm thinking about your sunrise pics!
That's good news!

This storm coverage is causing me to freak out more. I follow a youtuber and his family lives in the Spring hill area. My aunt lives in Naples Florida. I have a Question why is Disney world not closing during the storm?

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
This storm coverage is causing me to freak out more. I follow a youtuber and his family lives in the Spring hill area. My aunt lives in Naples Florida. I have a Question why is Disney world not closing during the storm?
I saw a report on the news that Disney is closing for two days starting tomorrow.

Nine tornadoes made landfall in/near Naples. Haven’t heard of any outcomes though. Hopefully they didn’t amount to anything.

I’ve been glued to the weather channel. I have family in Naples, friends in Tampa, Venice and outskirts of Orlando. I also have friends in Miami but I don’t think they are too embroiled in the worst of the hurricane.

It's hurricane day! I was not happy that hurricane coverage cancelled my TV shows last night. I think all this constant coverage watching the damn thing just makes everyone more anxious! It is a really bad storm though! I brought in my solar porch light to use when we loose power tonight which will happen. You better be ready by now because it is here! Now I just watch and wait for it to get here!
All theme parks and most stores are closing. I doubt I will be working tomorrow either as the power will probably be out.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
It's hurricane day! I was not happy that hurricane coverage cancelled my TV shows last night. I think all this constant coverage watching the damn thing just makes everyone more anxious! It is a really bad storm though! I brought in my solar porch light to use when we loose power tonight which will happen. You better be ready by now because it is here! Now I just watch and wait for it to get here!
All theme parks and most stores are closing. I doubt I will be working tomorrow either as the power will probably be out.
Stay safe, Chryssie, and keep us posted when/if you can. I hope SB will be OK, too!

• Agree
Reactions: KLS52
I got tired of the constant hurricane news on TV so I am watching another Star Wars series on Disney+. It hasn't done much here yet. It is raining but just regular raining. The worst will come overnight which makes it that much scarier and seems like it always happens!