The Weather.

We haven't had the frost warning yet, and my basil plant is still doing well. I need to cut it back today, though, as I can see I have enough for a couple of batches of pesto.
Basil plants aren't too big (usually- yours might be!) Maybe you could dig it up, pot it, and bring it indoors? I don't know if you can do this with basil, but even if it would only last 2 or 3 months more, at most, you'd still have an attractive, great-smelling houseplant for a short time. I think cutting it back first would also make the transition from plot to pot easier (not so many leaves for the roots to support).

@Chryssie In my area, the radio often has severe weather forecasts of any kind for the rest of the country, as well as whatever the weather is going to be locally. But over the past 3 days, it seemed like their forecast for hurricanes in the southeast was changing about every hour or so.
They are constantly updating the track of the storms. Fiona is headed to Canada now but storm #9 as yet unnamed is churning away and they are playing the guessing game where it will head. Florida is in the expected path.

Basil plants aren't too big (usually- yours might be!) Maybe you could dig it up, pot it, and bring it indoors? I don't know if you can do this with basil, but even if it would only last 2 or 3 months more, at most, you'd still have an attractive, great-smelling houseplant for a short time. I think cutting it back first would also make the transition from plot to pot easier (not so many leaves for the roots to support).
Yes, I think I may actually do that. I cut it back a lot today (four batches of pesto!), and I have sunny spot in the kitchen where I think it will do pretty well. It's bigger than what you get in the store, but it will fit in the spot where I want it to go.

Raining yesterday, but then quite sunny and bright today.

Surprisingly chilly! I wore a hoodie and puffy vest this morning and gloves. Left the vest at work
The space heaters in the bathroom. Thermostat reading 65F

It felt chilly this morning. The thermometer downstairs said it was 18°C .

It is a beautiful morning here. The next few days will be calm before the storm decides where to go. We will get some effects from Ian just not sure how bad it will be. It all depends on how he tracks into the Gulf of Mexico.

I’m nervous for my Florida peeps! I hope it doesn’t end up being too bad. I also have cousins in Naples. I keep seeing that there will be damaging winds, torrential rain, storm surge/flooding and tornadoes! Well, that there could be. But I don’t like hearing that.

The storm has moved much farther east and will come across the state from the Sarasota area. I am watching the latest report right now. Once it hits, it will slow down and the flooding will be monumental. It looks like it is going to track right up I-4. We will be under tropical storm conditions here. I am as prepared as I can be. I have flashlights, batteries, and I am charging up all my devices and battery packs. I will fill the freezer with ice but there is not much room.

The storm has moved much farther east and will come across the state from the Sarasota area. I am watching the latest report right now. Once it hits, it will slow down and the flooding will be monumental. It looks like it is going to track right up I-4. We will be under tropical storm conditions here. I am as prepared as I can be. I have flashlights, batteries, and I am charging up all my devices and battery packs. I will fill the freezer with ice but there is not much room.
I hope you are not in a storm surge area? I think SB might be! I hope you will all fare ok.

I’m getting so nervous for my Florida friends and family! One of my coworkers retired to Florida in April 2019. She’s in Venice.

107DD271-C7F3-4181-AE9A-0BBA2EA6B213.png

• Friendly
Reactions: Tom L. and Lou
I am pretty far inland but SB is in Tampa. Venice is not a good place to be either! I have friends there too as well as Clearwater. They just said it will probably make landfall around Ft. Meyers.

I just texted my grandson who is at the University of South Florida in Tampa. My gosh they are so not prepared! He said he doesn't have a portable phone charger or a flashlight!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15