The Weather.

I can't stop watching the weather channel. Just saw pictures of Naples where cars are almost fully submerged in water. šŸ˜ž

I can't stop watching the weather channel. Just saw pictures of Naples where cars are almost fully submerged in water. šŸ˜ž
I just saw that, too. It looked like the water was halfway up houses as well. It hit right where my grandfather lives, in Punta Gorda. My mom's been keeping in touch with him, so we'll see how it goes. He's not right on the water, so that's good, but I worry about his building. He's in a condo on the third floor.

I can't watch the coverage all the time. It just makes the waiting worse. This storm is another slow moving one. So far nothing but rain here.
I don't blame you. I'm sure if I was living it I'd need a break.

I just saw that, too. It looked like the water was halfway up houses as well. It hit right where my grandfather lives, in Punta Gorda. My mom's been keeping in touch with him, so we'll see how it goes. He's not right on the water, so that's good, but I worry about his building. He's in a condo on the third floor.
Oh no...they've showing a lot of Punta Gorda on TWC. I hope he will be ok. šŸ’™

My cousin in Naples is 80 and lives alone. Apparently she didn't plan ahead and didn't get supplies. She has two daughters close by...not sure why she didn't go stay with one of them. But sometimes older people just want to stay in their own house. It's hard to get them to leave.

Oh no...they've showing a lot of Punta Gorda on TWC. I hope he will be ok. šŸ’™

My cousin in Naples is 80 and lives alone. Apparently she didn't plan ahead and didn't get supplies. She has two daughters close by...not sure why she didn't go stay with one of them. But sometimes older people just want to stay in their own house. It's hard to get them to leave.
Oh my gosh, I hope your cousin will be OK! Yes, that's how my grandfather is. He had no interest in leaving.

Been awake since 3 am. Someone posted on fb that downtown Naples is under water. I'm afraid to turn on the tv.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
It was very misty and foggy when I woke up this morning and it is meant to rain today.

Nice cool mornings and temps in mid-high 60's during the day.
We're expecting rain over the weekend, remnants from hurricane Ian.

It rained and rained. There is flooding everywhere. The road to my TJ Maxx plaza is under water right at the turn into the plaza. I know there are lots of trees down but my apartment complex looks like only leaves and small branches blew around. Lots of people are still without power. Lots of businesses are still closed but many are opening up now.

My grandfather and his wife are good, but they did have damage to their condo. Somehow the water got up under the roof and it damaged their bedroom ceiling. They have to replace the whole thing. They also had some damage on their deck, but all in all not too bad considering where they were.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52