The Weather.

If we do, I didn’t plan good for it. I have no snacks. Maybe I’ll bake something.

I miss baking! I can’t wait to get into vegan baking once I have an oven again.

Back story:

Before I moved in, my apartment was rented for a weekend, as a vacation rental, by some teenagers who had a party and kind of trashed the place.

The landlord did a good job of cleaning up, but the oven remains full of melted plastic. (I think they drunkenly tried to bake something in a plastic dish.) I tried to get rid of it, but it had gotten into places that I couldn’t reach. This became apparent when I turned the oven on. It also doesn’t have a working Off switch. You have to trick it into shutting off by using the timer. I figured this out while my apartment filled with smoke from burning plastic!

Never again. Fortunately, the kitchen has big windows. I just aired it out while the dog and I went for a long walk.

The landlord still seems to think I can take care of it by using a cleaning product, and I haven’t wanted to bother with it during the pandemic. He’d have to inspect it and then have a professional clean it or install a new one. And I don’t want people coming into my apartment if it can be avoided.

• Friendly
Reactions: 1956 and KLS52
Cold, Rainy and Windy!!
My propane gas bottle ran out on the first heater that I have and last night the new heater that I got just the other day wouldn’t stay lit. It did work ok this morning but, I don’t want to not have a working heater over the weekend if it decided to not work again.... So I waited til it was not raining and headed into town. It started raining shortly after - was soaking when I got back... New gas bottle should be here this afternoon...

Weather changed again. It is 30 degrees colder this morning! It is only in the 40's and only will make it to the low 60's today.

Today should be chilly but nice and sunny.
Temps in the forties will feel good in the next few days, other than the rain tomorrow.
EE9FEFD1-C9B7-443B-85E6-027F8F393182.jpeg

Reactions: Chryssie and 1956
One last Beautiful day before the rain sets in again Tuesday and Wednesday...
It is sunny, mild to almost warm with just a gentle breeze...
These are the kind of days that I call “Heartbreakingly beautiful“, because I miss my husband Even more than I always do.
Beautiful days like this I just wish that he were alive to enjoy this with me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie