The Weather.

I get different results depending on what app I use. Mostly I like the accuweather app. It’s the most accurate for me.
174D881E-9295-40C4-84CC-9FBD95495159.jpeg
DE0BD37A-A78D-415D-A5AF-CB792FEE3CBF.jpeg

Reactions: Urban Gardener
Snow again.:pout:
Oh, how I would Much rather have the snow again instead of the Freezing rain and Fierce winds we are having!
Winds are 45 to 65 km/ h... It’s only 9c so not even 50f in my living room! I always put off turning on my propane gas heater until the evening... It’s 2.30 now and I will turn it on Very soon!

Last edited:
Oh, how I would Much rather have the snow again instead of the Freezing rain and Fierce winds we are having!
Winds are 45 to 65 km/ h... It’s only 9c so not even 50f in my living room! I always put off turning on my propane gas heater until the evening... It’s 2.30 now and I will turn it on Very soon!

That's very nippy. I gather that you have tons of fleece clothes and throws!o_O

That's very nippy. I gather that you have tons of fleece clothes and throws!o_O
Yep, I am Always bundled up in the apartment... and when it gets Too bad I crawl back into bed with a Hot water bottle!
I had the propane gas heater going from 3 until 10 pm - this morning it was back to same as it was yesterday afternoon...
Any of the nice heat that had built up just disappeared overnight...
The forecast is for the wind to die down tomorrow, fingers crossed....

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas and KLS52
Yep, I am Always bundled up in the apartment... and when it gets Too bad I crawl back into bed with a Hot water bottle!
I had the propane gas heater going from 3 until 10 pm - this morning it was back to same as it was yesterday afternoon...
Any of the nice heat that had built up just disappeared overnight...
The forecast is for the wind to die down tomorrow, fingers crossed....

Is your flat south facing? Do you have double glazing? That's strange that despite the heating, it's so cold. I suppose as it's a
ground floor flat it must be chillier compared to a flat that is higher up.

Thermal underwear and fleece leisurewear is all the way to go when it's freezing cold. :)

Reactions: 1956
Fleece leisurewear is all the way to go when it's freezing cold. :)
Where did you buy yours from?

I was just walking back across the park and I thought the weather here has been the coldest in years, it's the windchill, I think.

Is your flat south facing? Do you have double glazing? That's strange that despite the heating, it's so cold. I suppose as it's a
ground floor flat it must be chillier compared to a flat that is higher up.

Thermal underwear and fleece leisurewear is all the way to go when it's freezing cold. :)
It’s East facing with the river just down below and the sea off to the right...
Definitely No double glazing! These apartments were built as Holiday lets close to 20 years ago, now they are rented out year round... I am friends with a lady who owns her flat here in another building she is 1 floor up and it’s Much warmer than mine...

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
It’s East facing with the river just down below and the sea off to the right...
Definitely No double glazing! These apartments were built as Holiday lets close to 20 years ago, now they are rented out year round... I am friends with a lady who owns her flat here in another building she is 1 floor up and it’s Much warmer than mine...

So you don't get that much sun during the winter months.

It's nice to have pals in the same building and at least you can have company when in need.

So you don't get that much sun during the winter months.

It's nice to have pals in the same building and at least you can have company when in need.
Nope, in the spring and summer on sunny days it’s Lovely the sun really comes in and it stays on the patio for several hours...
Yep, she has been especially nice to me since I stopped driving...Once a week she takes me with her to go grocery shopping... I can easily walk into the town but, it is nice to have a lift in and stock up once a week...
When we first met 2 years ago she was curious about my being Vegan... She has 2 Gorgeous cats, very long hair I think that they are called Siberian ? Supposed to be hypoallergenic because she has allergies... She has told me though that she could Not go Vegan because she wouldn’t want to “ deprive “ herself...

Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
Nope, in the spring and summer on sunny days it’s Lovely the sun really comes in and it stays on the patio for several hours...
Yep, she has been especially nice to me since I stopped driving...Once a week she takes me with her to go grocery shopping... I can easily walk into the town but, it is nice to have a lift in and stock up once a week...
When we first met 2 years ago she was curious about my being Vegan... She has 2 Gorgeous cats, very long hair I think that they are called Siberian ? Supposed to be hypoallergenic because she has allergies... She has told me though that she could Not go Vegan because she wouldn’t want to “ deprive “ herself...

Sounds like you have nice company and some help when in need. Hauling food around isn't easy especially as we get older.

I was also discussing veg*nsm with a friend the other day. She said that it's sad that animals (especially babies like calves) are
killed but when it comes to food, she has no willpower.

Nice that you have lots of sun during the spring & summer. Over here I have too much as my flat is west facing.

Reactions: 1956
Sounds like you have nice company and some help when in need. Hauling food around isn't easy especially as we get older.

I was also discussing veg*nsm with a friend the other day. She said that it's sad that animals (especially babies like calves) are
killed but when it comes to food, she has no willpower.

Nice that you have lots of sun during the spring & summer. Over here I have too much as my flat is west facing.
West facing over there it must be Roasting in the summer! Where we were in France it was sort of south west facing, however, there was a large veranda so the cottage didn’t get Too hot...

It is strange to me how for some people the idea of animals and food is So difficult... Once I Really realized that I could Easily live without eating animals it was So easy not to... I think that that is why so many people don’t want to hear about Veganism, because once you know the truth it’s impossible to un know it...

Still Very cold and Very windy!
The winds are between 46-66 km/h Today coming from the south west, so not quite as cold
Was out of bird seed so I walked into town, it wasn’t too bad because in town it is more sheltered
When I got back I thought I would go down on the beach, it was So hard to walk...didn’t stay long...

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas