The Weather.

32°C??? It would be unbearable if it was here, in SPb. Is it humid at your place today?
Actually I’m surprised to see the humidity at only 79%. It’s been higher than that previously.
I did cave yesterday and put the ac on for about an hour. But then we blew a fuse. So husband will need to add a circuit to the electrical panel so that the ac can have its own circuit. I made it through the day/night with a cold cloth on my neck. Amazing that it did the trick. I was very comfortable and had one of my better nights of sleep.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Actually I’m surprised to see the humidity at only 79%. It’s been higher than that previously.
I did cave yesterday and put the ac on for about an hour. But then we blew a fuse. So husband will need to add a circuit to the electrical panel so that the ac can have its own circuit. I made it through the day/night with a cold cloth on my neck. Amazing that it did the trick. I was very comfortable and had one of my better nights of sleep.
When i'm at the country, i frequently wash my armpits, belly, chest and neck with cold water (without soap) within the day. It helps not to sweat for a while. I also put on a wet t-shirt: even if it's more radical, it's better than to sit and get boiled in this brine ("brine" is wet heavy air, with 98% humidity, which is a common thing for our rotten swamp).😁

• Agree
  • Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and PTree15
On Thursday it'll be 35 °C and I will have to drive to town as I have a dr's appointment. No AC in my car. :confused:
Maybe you could prepare some ice and take it with you in a fridge-bag, if you have one? Or you could just freeze a 2-liter plastic(!) bottle of plain water, and then drink this gradually melting ice during your ride? (We used to do it in the South of the country while going to the beach, because the heat there is dreadful).

Maybe you could prepare some ice and take it with you in a fridge-bag, if you have one? Or you could just freeze a 2-liter plastic(!) bottle of plain water, and then drink this gradually melting ice during your ride? (We used to do it in the South of the country while going to the beach, because the heat there is dreadful).

LOL - it's dangerous to drink whilst you're driving and it's the air that's hot. I'm used to it over here as summers are unbearable. :cool:

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Val
It's raining... I'll stay upstairs, in bed, for a little longer. I want to lie on my chaise-longue in the yard, but i can't. Nevertheless, it's good that it's raining, because when it's not, the level of underground waters drops down, and we're not getting enough water from our electric well (or we're not getting any water at all!). This episode happened two days ago. Absolutely no water. Plus Elijah installed a filter, that filters sand and ooze. Living without water (a.k.a. being unable to take a shower, or to wash products properly) for 2 days was awful. Yesterday's downpour improved the situation, thank god. Now i hear some thunder from Kostua settlement. Eeeeh... i remember our hikes to Kostua and to the great White lake, and i feel nostalgic.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
LOL - it's dangerous to drink whilst you're driving and it's the air that's hot. I'm used to it over here as summers are unbearable. :cool:
I would never advise you to do something while driving.😆 All i'm talking about is the way of staying hydrated in these tough conditions. I assumed, you'll have a long way back and forth.

I would never advise you to do something while driving.😆 All i'm talking about is the way of staying hydrated in these tough conditions. I assumed, you'll have a long way back and forth.

A 20 minute drive on the motorway plus the return. People are cranky over here so driving is always dangerous.

Well hey! They had the forecast in the upper 90's F, now it's back down in the low 80's--even 70's!
Loving it-I haven't ever had the air conditioning run as much as this year! Unless the humidity is up the windows will open

Next three days will be rough.

View attachment 21911
Yikes...😵 I definitely wouldn't survive at where you are.🥵 I'm kind of a northetn gal, and i like it moderate... but it's not always like that: today is a creepy and hot day. We feel like we're getting fried on a gigantic skillet.😈 It's only 77°F, and anyone would say that i'm crazy to complain, but it feels like 86°F+, humidity is enormous, there is almost not a single breath of fresh air, and even in the shade you feel total disgust towards yourself, because you're sticky, stinky and zombie-like-minded.🥴

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52