The Weather.

We're having a massive downpour now, and this cyclone will last for about a week. It has got better (meaning the heat and humidity),- it's 57°F and quite fresh outside: a perfect weather for us "northern dwellers", as we call ourselves, though it's not correct, because we live on the 60° latitude. MCHS is sending us text messages about upcoming storms. We feel moderate wind gusts for now, but they can get stronger.

Quite chilly and rainy. It feels like we are heading into Autumn!

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
Rain. It’s just weird that it was not supposed to start until afternoon but it started very heavy at 9:30 am and was pretty consistent. I think the sun is trying to come out now.

• Friendly
Rain. It’s just weird that it was not supposed to start until afternoon but it started very heavy at 9:30 am and was pretty consistent. I think the sun is trying to come out now.
The weather was crazy today. One minute it was sunny and the next it was pouring buckets. More of the same is on tap for tomorrow apparently.

• Friendly
I have to sleep with an electric heater on. I switch it off only at 9a.m. It's really cold at night. And during the day, i wear my vintage soviet cardigan. Right now it's raining (and i've just put out my folding chaise-longue, ugggh... put it away again). It rains most of the day, every day. After 9p.m. it gets dry and even sunny, and i can enjoy beautiful sunsets during my evening walks. Anyway, it's better than the heat, IMO. About 10 minutes ago, it was "raining like from a pail" (a.k.a. bucketing down), and it had restarted! It's a never-ending story. Liza and David went for a walk, dropped by their friends' place and got stuck there.
There is a lot of flooding in other towns. While having lunch this afternoon, i saw the recent news from the news release at 2p.m., which said that there had been a massive flood in Krasnoyarsk city. Elijah's mother Tamara lives there! I got worried and wrote her a message, asking her about what was going there. She said she hardly made it home from work.
Elijah and mom are on their way to the country. I take it, Elijah will have to go to their friends' place to take Liza and David back, after he takes mom here.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie
We will get some of this in interior Connecticut. They have issued a flash flood watch for the whole state. I've put the awning back up in preparation. I might do some cooking before the weather gets too crazy in case we lose power. I'm glad I have today off. :)
Blin, that's disturbing. Please, stay safe. (And if you can, try and charge your mobile device beforehand; ...and charge your powerbanks, if you have any).:hug: We have a storm warning for tomorrow either, so i'll need to do it before going to bed (because sometimes electricity wires get damaged in this area, and we have to wait until they're fixed by Tosno emergency services).

For the second day in a row, all the news are speaking about the devastating flood in Ruza (Moscow's small satellite-town). Their dam got destroyed by the rising water because of torrential rains. So the water destroyed one sector of Volokolamsk highway, carried away a few houses(!), and flooded a lot of neighbourhood communities. People had to be evacuated. Anyway, they restored Volokolamsk highway and the broken bridge in only one day! (It's a very important road, so it was "a matter of life&death").
In the video you can see the flows of muddy water, the newborn muddy waterfall on the broken dam, and even the house being carried away by the flow, and a man commenting that his friend's house has "flown away". Also, one woman-resident says: "In our childhood, we didn't have anything like this, and now these things have become permanent".

Blin, that's disturbing. Please, stay safe. (And if you can, try and charge your mobile device beforehand; ...and charge your powerbanks, if you have any).:hug: We have a storm warning for tomorrow either, so i'll need to do it before going to bed (because sometimes electricity wires get damaged in this area, and we have to wait until they're fixed by Tosno emergency services).
Thanks for the phone charging reminder! Good call. I hope your weather isn't too awful, either.

• Friendly