The Weather.

It'll 'cool' down as from tomorrow for a couple of days as we are expecting 30°C. Next week they are forecasting temps up to 36°C. That means not going out at all during the course of the day. 🥵

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Chryssie
The rain has stopped. At 9a.m., it was pouring down like crazy, but now there are just wind gusts that remind of the promised storm. We don't know, if there will be anything stormy this evening, but right now, it has cooled down, and the weather is very mild. I'm anticipating having lunch outside and then - chopping my kapusta into chunks. I've just caught and let out a big forest wasp, who flew inside big veranda. It may be a sign of approaching storm, though it's clear without wasps, that with the wind like this, something will come here later. Yesterday i was very irritated because i couldn't have my daily evening walk!

This ugly footage was made by Unghshu during my evening walk. I liked the wind! (I couldn't film the strongest gusts, when the trees were bending horribly, but i decided not to stand there and wait for rain. I was lucky though,- there followed no rain). This is the road between all communities and the river (and the field at the river). It's actually a part of the "Circle road" around the whole settlement, which is quite big.

Well, lucky for us, all of the hype on Tropical Storm Fay was just that for our area. We didn't even get any rain yesterday. I was not disappointed, though. :D It's still ridiculously humid here. I so want to go for a walk. Maybe I will go just for a stroll and really take my time. I haven't been outside for any length of time in a few days.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
It's been super hot and humid here, in the 90's F. Yesterday it poured for a while and cooled off while it rained, but when it stopped it was so steamy :yuck: .
I'm so very grateful I have air conditioning in the house! The car was like a steam room with the heat cranked up.
This morning it poured again and that was nice, I had coffee on the porch and got misted. Shouldn't be quite so hot (I hope) Windows open now
I hadn't listened to local news at all this week!

• Friendly
Reactions: Val
This morning was considerably nicer than it has been the last several days. Some mornings it was so humid, even misting some days but I walked anyway. I like waking up to it being 72 degrees but I still can’t fathom those of you who walk when it’s hotter out because by the time I get home at 7:30 am I’m dripping wet even on the non misty days. And I’m not a sweater by nature. I’m sure that’s partly the humidity to blame.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and PTree15
Urggghhh.🥶 Even Unghshu feels a little freezy. It's 54°F, windy, gloomy and wet,- and it has been like this for many days (for more than 2 weeks). Right now i'm sitting outside, chopping my kapusta, and i'm in polyester trousers, long-sleeved cotton top and old soviet cardigan. Still freezy. The sun is trying to show its nose from behind the clouds, but the wind is moving rainy clouds from Kostua settlement to Tosno town, and back, and this micro-cyclone won't let any chance for the air to warm up a little. I used to sleep with an electric heater on (switched to level 5): now i switch it to level 6, or 7. Brrrrrr.🙄
It's strange, but the air gets warmer after the sunset. Maybe it's due to the vaporization of warm wet particles from the soil. Thick fog is a normal thing over here. The sky clears up during/after the sunset, so at least we can enjoy fantastic colorful sunset views.🌅

The humidity had been bearable for the past couple of days, but I have put the AC back on, as it's sticky once again. At least I got a break for a couple of days. Apparently, it's going to be awful this weekend humidity-wise.

Night and morning are the only times the air doesn't run, and I've blacked out the west facing window with cardboard, and mostly closed the front curtains.
It's gonna be in the high 90's all week and chances of rain :yuck::shtf:
I can't remember a summer this consecutively hot

I’ve been doing very well with no ac so far but daughter gave us a portable unit and I might have husband put it in the dining room tomorrow in case it gets too hot. I want to be prepared just in case.

The humidity had been bearable for the past couple of days, but I have put the AC back on, as it's sticky once again. At least I got a break for a couple of days. Apparently, it's going to be awful this weekend humidity-wise.
When the temps get over 20+°C, i get super sticky and i hate it. I can't afford taking shower every day, because it's complicated: first of all, it's inconvenient, because i have to boil water, then mix it with cold water in a big bowl, and then pour it on my head/body with a ladle. Plus, local water is full of lime, because underlying bedrock is limestone (everyone has an electric well). This lime is a nasty stuff: it precipitates into sediment in kettles, and you drink it anyway, and when you wash yourself, it gets stuck in your hair, which makes it impossible to comb. Elijah has just installed a filter which is supposed to put the lime away, but it's not very helpful. OTOH, this water from under the ground is very beneficial, compared to tap water in town.
It's sticky again, and i suspect, i'll take a shower when i go downstairs (i'm procrastinating, lying around on bed, dabbing my phone and devouring apples).😁

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
This biblical deluge across the country is getting worse (it turned out, it CAN be worse). Some more epic footages from Ural!👇 (Small town Nizhniye Ser'gi is floating). They said on the news this morning, that the whole town might be evacuated, because it's not getting any better.

Town Kurgan (also in Ural area) with population about 312.5 thousand people is under water now as well. People were taking pictures of hail chunks which remind mushroom caps. They immediately called it "Heavenly Gruzdi", meaning Gruzdi mushrooms (Lactarius Resimus fungi, which are considered a delicacy over here). Haha, i used to eat Gruzdi when i was young, but i always preferred Xerocomus mushrooms over Gruzdi. Xerocomus is called a "Moss mushroom". It was yummy, but nowadays, i can't imagine taking any mushroom into my mouth.:???:
Btw, similar mushroom-like hail occured in SPb and Kolpino on ~June 7th.
Heavenly Gruzdi in Kurgan:
IMG_20200721_124334.jpg