The Weather.

Yep, that's the notification I got. On the news, they're all like, nothing is happening until tomorrow.
May i ask you: who sends you notifications about the weather? I'm interested, because we have this service (and it's not only a ministry, but a group of services):
...it sends us messages all the ****ing time, lol, and we can't escape them😆 (we can't refuse receiving these messages under any circumstances, but perhaps it's not that bad)...and i wonder, which organization in your area is responsible for alerts, prevention and fixing the damage, if it is done.

Sometimes when I don’t trust the weather forecast I look at the radar and try to figure it out for myself. *cue the eye rolling and laughter*

But when I watch the radar screen this looks like rain isn’t even going to hit the coastline...based around new haven ...it looks like it’s more inland. Unless of course it’s still too soon and in a few hours it will change as Isaias moves up the coast. 🤷‍♀️
A40857BE-6D2C-4303-B5AF-198962181AD4.jpeg1F7FF777-57A8-4A72-BEB2-0D800C47953F.jpeg

I'm on the south coast of that big island to the south of you. My neighborhood was badly damaged by Sandy, but my building survived. It just got flooded.

I think we'll be ok, but they're telling people to know their evacuation zone and watch for orders to leave. I have a dog who doesn't get along with other animals, and no car. A last minute evac order would not be good. We'd probably have to beg neighbors with cars and no pets to take us.

It's getting stormy out! I got all the hanging baskets and other loose objects inside. The forecast says to prepare for flooding, winds up to 73 mph and maybe even tornadoes! But there's no evacuation order. It seems like they expect the winds to stay around 40 mph for the most part.

We are one block from the Atlantic, but we're on the second floor. I'm about to cuddle up with the dog.

@Val, I get the notifications from the U.S. Weather Service through my Amazon Echo Dot (Alexa).

I hope everyone in the path of this storm stays safe!

It's really hard to say which way it will go, though it seems to be heading west, which could be good if it goes far enough west. :D A tornado watch has been issued for my county, so I will just keep an eye on things. I tied down the deck furniture and put everything low on the deck. Awning is rolled up and my little hanging lantern that's outside is now inside. I have put what I want for dinner into a cooler filled with ice so that I don't have to open the fridge if the power goes out. I really hope it doesn't. I have a lot of work to do, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Raven and Val
We are under a tornado warning in my town. I'm in the basement. It lasts for another 15 minutes.
We were earlier. So far it’s been uneventful other than some rain and gusts of wind...and now power is out. And The sun is shining brightly. 🤷‍♀️

Although as I’m typing this, it’s getting overcast again the wind is kicking up.

We were earlier. So far it’s been uneventful other than some rain and gusts of wind...and now power is out. And The sun is shining brightly. 🤷‍♀️

Although as I’m typing this, it’s getting overcast again the wind is kicking up.
Yay, uneventful is good! Boo on the power going out. It just went out for about a minute, but it came back on. Wind is still howling and it's pouring. I'm still in the basement, lol.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Chryssie
It's finally calming down here, but the gusts are still happening. Much less intense now, though. My power is still on, which is good, given that 350,000 are out statewide.
It's good to hear.:yes: Have you got out of the basement already? Or are you still sheltering yourself?

We lost power as soon as I made that post. 😫 It’s horrible...I have no power and no cell signal. 😫 I had an awful night. 😫 I’m driving around Main Street to charge my phone and check in here and Facebook just to whine. 😫 I seriously hate this. 😫 And it could be days before we are restored. 😫 I hate being spoiled. 😫 It’s not fair. 😫 Get me all used to technology and the take it away from me 😫

Ok I’m done. I’m fine. 😂 I do have city water so that’s great. I’m going to run into a store and maybe get something like a crossword puzzle or something. If I can find the charger to my kindle that would be great...I can bring it to my daughter for charging and then I can read! If I get a good charge on my phone I can also listen to some audio books. I was caught off guard yesterday and not well prepared. Plus my phone is older and it runs out of charge quicker than it should.

We lost power as soon as I made that post. 😫 It’s horrible...I have no power and no cell signal. 😫 I had an awful night. 😫 I’m driving around Main Street to charge my phone and check in here and Facebook just to whine. 😫 I seriously hate this. 😫 And it could be days before we are restored. 😫 I hate being spoiled. 😫 It’s not fair. 😫 Get me all used to technology and the take it away from me 😫

Ok I’m done. I’m fine. 😂 I do have city water so that’s great. I’m going to run into a store and maybe get something like a crossword puzzle or something. If I can find the charger to my kindle that would be great...I can bring it to my daughter for charging and then I can read! If I get a good charge on my phone I can also listen to some audio books. I was caught off guard yesterday and not well prepared. Plus my phone is older and it runs out of charge quicker than it should.

I was without power for five days a few years ago. I got in the spirit of it - lighting candles and appreciating the silence.

Now I have solar-powered lights and an outdoor grill so that if I lose power, I can still cook and have non-flammable lighting. (Candles are great, but it's good to have other options too.) With the weather getting more extreme, and everything else that's going on, I'm prepared for anything.

I would look for a battery powered phone charger. Walgreens, Walmart, Target, etc might have them. And check the camping section for other battery and solar powered stuff (lights, fans, all of that).

I hope they restore your power soon!

Reactions: Val and KLS52