TV & Film The TV Room

I liked the second-last episode of GoT better than the finale. That scene of Arya and the horse, all alone in the destroyed city, was fantastic.

I read some spoilers for GOT, some parts dead on, but there was a couple endings filmed. Still could have done better.

I really liked the three first episodes of GOT. The one where they fought the Night King was just awsome. But then it went a bit down I think. And the ending on such a great show was a bit flat.

Last episode with Cercei made her patethic. She just stood there, and her death was a bit boring. I was a bit dissapointed with Brienne falling for Jamie. When Dany destroyed King's Landing, it was obvious she was going to be killed.

I didn't see Bran become the King, but I think it was a good choice. And Sam wanted true democracy, even though the one they chose is the closet to history. Democracy where all can vote isn't 100 years old yet in a lot of countries.

You see a bit Brittish history in it. Where the true North is Scotland. So that Sansa became Queen of North wasn't surprising either. And I guess Jon went with Tormod Giantsbane and not stuck at the wall. (Hivju!!)

But the three last episodes they could have done better.

Extremely unpopular opinion ahead:

I used to watch Game of Thrones but stopped years ago because of the violence, especially the sexual violence.

I just watched some of the last episode and it is like they made a trashy US soap opera, threw in a lot of historical references and put British actors in it to seem more "classy", what a pile of crap.:rofl:Dreadful.

I liked the second-last episode of GoT better than the finale. That scene of Arya and the horse, all alone in the destroyed city, was fantastic.

I thought that was a good bit too.

It did. It got very up and down in quality. Some good episodes, but some bad ones too. And then "we need to end now, we just don't know how...".

And yeah, it is a lot of violence there, and some of the rape scenes aren't in the books either. So I'm happy they chose to cast older actors for the roles.

I used to watch Game of Thrones but stopped years ago because of the violence, especially the sexual violence.
It’s why I didn’t watch it when it first aired. I have a hard time with that kind of stuff. But then I became intrigued by all of the hype and caved in. I fast forwarded a lot lol but as the seasons went on it got better.

I was shocked when I first watched it. I couldn't believe they could show that stuff on TV! But the story was intriguing and I knew there would be DRAGONS! :D

I totally needed Jon to kill Daenerys so I was happy with that. There was no way she was going to be redeemed in my eyes. I felt really bad for the dragon. I was kind of hoping that he would’ve turned to Jon and was expecting Jon to mount and ride him. That would have been cool. But it was also cool the way the dragon picked up Daenerys and flew off.

I was also disappointed that Brienne fell for Jaime. I did like how she wrote the ending to his story in the book though. Jamie and Cersei’s demise was fitting, I thought, sick as their relationship was.

I love Samwell. Glad he made it.

I think the most disappointing was Jon’s ending. He deserved better.

Dany had to be killed yeah. I was hoping for Arya though. But it fitted with Jon Snow.

And I think he will be happy in the true North with Ghost!

Reactions: KLS52
I was also disappointed that Brienne fell for Jaime. I did like how she wrote the ending to his story in the book though.

If I remember correctly, it is the first duty of the new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard to finish the story of the last Lord Commander.

Here is a very good sum-up of some of the things that are wrong with season 8:

Game of Thrones’ finale betrayed the show’s core themes

Let’s zoom in on the resolution of the Iron Throne plot, the show’s core concern over eight seasons.

So Tyrion is in jail, apparently for several weeks. He is brought before an assembly of the Seven Kingdoms’ most powerful lords and ladies — from protagonists like Sansa and Arya to side characters like Yara Greyjoy and whoever the new Prince of Dorne is. Everyone has apparently decided to meet to negotiate Tyrion and Jon’s fate with Grey Worm and the Unsullied, a discussion that could potentially end in yet another brutal battle if they can’t work out a compromise. The fate of the country hangs in the balance.
In the past, a meeting of this importance could have taken up an entire episode of Game of Thrones. The show would have paid close attention to each of its main characters’ objectives and approaches to the discussion, with the side characters’ interests and motivations somewhat outlined as well.
What happens instead? They decide to elect a king out of the blue, seemingly just because Tyrion suggests it. He suggests that Bran Stark, an unknown to most of Westeros’ nobility, should be king. He makes a speech about Bran’s magical powers, which no one really understands, and suggests that Bran’s command of narrative means that he should be entrusted with near-absolute power. In the show’s universe, the speech should have been greeted with as much laughter as Sam’s attempt to invent democracy.

... not to mention the fact that Grey Worm, the leader of the strongest army in the land currently effectively controlling the realm, is basically told to sh*t up and get out by a bunch of has-been leaders of the armies he just vanquished.

I would not have considered him too shy to speak up after he displayed just a few scenes before that he has few concerns to just simply slit the throat of everybody not immediately bowing to his queen. Hard to believe he would just take her murder and acquiesce to it, on the say-so of a newly elected "king".

Last edited:

I just watched some of the last episode and it is like they made a trashy US soap opera, threw in a lot of historical references and put British actors in it to seem more "classy", what a pile of crap.:rofl:Dreadful.

I thought that was a good bit too.

I also don't like anything that is extremely violent and haven't seen GOT's.

Reactions: Andy_T and Val
Btw. Not watching GOT isn't that unpopular or uncommon. I have more controll over who doesn't watch it, as they all post it on Facebook. :p

It's a genre that isn't for everyone + the high amount of violence.