TV & Film The TV Room

Why? LOL Do you like American football? I never watch it myself but it is an American tradition for millions! I grew up in a sports oriented family so got my fill then! LOL
I don't know. I haven't ever watched it and I wanted to see what all the fuss is about. 😆My husband said he saw it once or twice when he was a teenager as his uncle used to live in LA.

I read it is Usher doing the music this year.

I got a bit bored with Seal Team and we stopped with only a few episodes of season 5 left. I said we may as well finish it and it actually got quite good towards the end. We will watch a few episodes of series 6 today and the seventh and last season is coming out this year.

We watched the new True Detective with Jodie Foster afterwards, just the first episode.

My brother has watched the new series of Reacher now and he agreed with me about how huge he is in this season! :D

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
We finished Seal Team.

I watched the second episode of True Detective last night. I thought a few people on here would be watching that. I was about to google who sings the theme tune. Billie Eilish.

Reactions: Emma JC
I'm re-watching Almost Paradise. I love all of the characters in this show. I hope there will be a third season.

Reactions: Emma JC
I finished the rookie. it was 5 seasons and about 20 episodes a season. Just in time, S6 starts soon.

I almost quit a few times. It gets a bit soapy at times. but in the end I guess I liked all the time they spent on relationships .

There is plenty of action and shoot 'em ups to keep most of the police TV show fans satisfied. but it's absurd how low the kills to shot fires ratio is. Cars seem to be invulnerable. I had the same issue with Reacher too.

I liked how they didn't completely shy away from the controversial aspects of police.

A lot of the best tv shows combine episodic plots with serialized plots. And this one uses the same formula. Crimes of the week and longer story arcs. the long story arcs involve specific villains, The Big Bad. I frequently didn't like how the big bads were so close to super villains. And some of the longer story arcs involve relationships. Those ended up to be my favorites.

👍👍

Netflix is now streaming Royal Pains. I watched this when it was on broadcast tv. It's been over ten years so I don't remember the episodes that well. So no surprises but I don't think the show had that many in the first place. right now I'm binging on them.

Pretty people. Pretty scenery. A little drama, a little comedy, a little romance. Good casting - lots of interesting guest stars some of which I have to look up on IMDB to remember who they were/are.

A lot of the drama is manufactured so it's hard to care sometimes. And the cooincidence factor is very high. If Hank shows up at a party you can be sure someone will get sick or fall down.

I also get a kick out of the MacGyver medicine that Hank practices.

we finished watching Love on the Spectrum USA and started Love on the Spectrum Australia - riveting

there are just 5 episodes in the first season so we finished it last night and will start on the second season tonight - I noticed there is also a Downs Syndrome series as well

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15