TV & Film The TV Room

finished watching Squid Game last night - the last three episodes were not a great as the middle three - it was worth watching as it definitely makes one think - it was left up in the air in such a way that it could end or they could so a Season 2

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Agree
  • Informative
Reactions: Sax and KLS52
we started watching Living with Yourself last night as it just arrived on Netflix - it is just one season although another may come eventually and it is easy/funny with Paul Rudd - nice short episodes too

Emma JC

finished Living with YourSelf - it was just okay - braindead entertainment - started on Maid and are just over halfway through - it is good and heartbreaking

Emma JC

Maid is well worth watching - speak of compassion... it definitely brought that out in us and at the end we both turned to each other and said "we are so thankful" for our upbringing and for each other and for our place in the world.

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou
Maid is well worth watching - speak of compassion... it definitely brought that out in us and at the end we both turned to each other and said "we are so thankful" for our upbringing and for each other and for our place in the world.

Emma JC
I have that on my list - but I don't know when I'll get to it. My List is so long.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I liked Squid Game. The last episode was disappointing though. The main character is still making stupid selfish decisions like in the first episode! After the way it ended, and the huge success it had, there's got to be a second season.

tried to watch The Chestnut Man last night but couldn't really get into it - very dark... both literally and figuratively and I just don't like series that don't have any humour or joy

Emma JC

Reactions: Lou and KLS52
Coroner now has a third season on Netflix in Canada and so although we had completely forgotten that we watched the first two seasons, we started watching the third and it started to look familiar - the interesting part is that the third season starts in March of 2020 approx. and so covid is part of the series which must have made it easier to film as masks are definitely part of the daily life .

Emma JC

Coroner now has a third season on Netflix in Canada and so although we had completely forgotten that we watched the first two seasons, we started watching the third and it started to look familiar - the interesting part is that the third season starts in March of 2020 approx. and so covid is part of the series which must have made it easier to film as masks are definitely part of the daily life .

Emma JC
I watched the first season. by the end I was sort of lukewarm and ambivalent about watching the second season. What do you think - is it worth watching?
I did like the characters.
I am convinced that there must be a rule in Canada that Roger Cross must be on every Canadian TV show. He is even on American shows that are just filmed in Vancouver.

I watched the first season. by the end I was sort of lukewarm and ambivalent about watching the second season. What do you think - is it worth watching?
I did like the characters.
I am convinced that there must be a rule in Canada that Roger Cross must be on every Canadian TV show. He is even on American shows that are just filmed in Vancouver.

yes, it is a rule :)

yes, I am enjoying it in a detached kind of way - they do address social issues like racism and alzheimer's etc - it is not super exciting and yet is interesting

Emma JC

finished Season 2 of For All Mankind and started on Foundation - both my honey's kinda TV watching and that's okay, I can always read if I get bored

Emma JC
I haven't heard of that one. I finished Dirty John: Betty last night. Looking for something new on Netflix now.

they are both on Apple TV+ - I see there is a new movie on Netflix, Red Notice - that is getting a lot of attention

Emma JC
I watched it last night.
I think its supposed to be Netflix's most expensive movie. Not sure why. I guess the cast is super expensive. there was one scene where they destroyed an Italian sports car that had like one minute of screen time. there was some good "shot from a drone" scenes. I didn't notice any expensive CGI - but maybe that is the point of having expensive CGI.

I was surprised that the script/story was as good as it was. Sure it was derivative but I thought it was very good for what it was supposed to be.

Two Thumbs Up.

I watched it last night.
I think its supposed to be Netflix's most expensive movie. Not sure why. I guess the cast is super expensive. there was one scene where they destroyed an Italian sports car that had like one minute of screen time. there was some good "shot from a drone" scenes. I didn't notice any expensive CGI - but maybe that is the point of having expensive CGI.

I was surprised that the script/story was as good as it was. Sure it was derivative but I thought it was very good for what it was supposed to be.

Two Thumbs Up.
Sounds like a good recommendation. I like The Rock too, so I might watch it.

Reactions: Lou