TV & Film The TV Room

I had started watching virgin river and really liked it but about midway through the first season I lost interest. Not sure why. I think I’ll try again.
The concept does look/sound interesting. and a good cast, too. I will put it on my list.

Reactions: Emma JC
I had started watching virgin river and really liked it but about midway through the first season I lost interest. Not sure why. I think I’ll try again.

That's interesting as when I read the description I thought that it wasn't my cup of tea but I was so wrong. Problem is that I don't have Netflix so can only watch it once a week at someone else's home.

I am beyond frustrated! Trying to watch Chicago Fire on nbc.com but it won't work! It keeps freezing and when you restart it, it goes to ads, then freezes and it becomes an endless loop of ads and no show! I am not allowed to watch for free I guess. I will have to get Hulu.

I am beyond frustrated! Trying to watch Chicago Fire on nbc.com but it won't work! It keeps freezing and when you restart it, it goes to ads, then freezes and it becomes an endless loop of ads and no show! I am not allowed to watch for free I guess. I will have to get Hulu.
Does this happen all the time or just today. If it's just today - try again tomorrow. :)

Reactions: KLS52
This has happened in the past when I tried to use nbc.com. I then subscribed to Locast which was a non-profit that streamed the network channels and it was perfect. Then they got sued by the networks and lost and had to shut down. :(

I use YouTube TV and its great. but the price went up since I bought in.
I've heard really good things about Sling TV which is a little bit cheaper.
If you can receive HD over the air that is worth investigating . My apartment's windows face the wrong direction and there is a lot of steel in the apartments construction.
You just need an HD antenna, and there are cheap ones. and there are no monthly fees.

I have a Ruko for a streaming device and they have a really good interface for HD antennas. Plus they have a bunch of free shows and channels too. And they are cheap.

Last edited:
I have an antenna and pull in over the air channels but for some reason the over the air local NBC affiliate does not come in with any consistency which is why Locast was so great because it streamed fine with them. I have Sling for cable channels.

I have Sling. Its $35/month and suits my needs. I get all three hallmark channels, hgtv, amc, tbs, tnt, a&e and a bunch more plus some live channels. It does have its flaws though, when it comes to watching something on demand or something you recorded with the dvr.
I think they have three plans. You can get different channels.

I've had Sling for a while and it is fine. It even gets the local Fox station which none of the other services offer. I watch a lot of shows on Fox so I pay what they charge. I was considering Philo which is cheaper and leaves out sports channels which suits me, but they don't have Fox. I signed up for Hulu and the fee isn't bad for the ad supported version. So far it is streaming fine with no freezes or buffering.

Reactions: KLS52
I have an antenna and pull in over the air channels but for some reason the over the air local NBC affiliate does not come in with any consistency which is why Locast was so great because it streamed fine with them. I have Sling for cable channels.
Cool. you might try experimenting with where the antenna is located or pointed.

In my area, there are transmitters in different places and you can try pointing your antenna at a different transmitter. there is a web site that shows the transmitters in your area.

Also there are some antennas that do a better job.

I have had the antenna for years and we found the best place for it was in the bedroom window. There are only 2 windows in the apartment, the living room or bedroom. I can't move it anywhere else.
I started watching "The Handmaid's Tale" because I had read it. Wow they did an awesome job converting it to TV. It is so dark and disturbing but since I know what happens, it isn't as bad as it would be if you didn't know. I am currently reading the sequel and I like it better as it explains more about what happened. I will review it in the Literature thread when I finish it.

Reactions: KLS52 and Lou
I would watch all of Virgin River but my honey lost interest so we stopped - I have read all the books so know the story fairly well.

We are still watching Lucifer and enjoying it.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I really liked Lucifer when I was watching it on "regular" TV. When it moved, I lost it but I may start watching it again. I think it is very clever!

We've finished Loki, which was very good.

Just started Y the Last Man - interesting concept and I hope will be a great series. The first episode was quite distressing. 😑

I am binge watching "The Handmaid's Tale". It has really sucked me in. They have made many "enhancements" to the story in the book but it makes it more interesting.

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou and Emma JC
Holy crap.

‘Law & Order’ Revived By NBC For Season 21 From Dick Wolf & Rick Eid

1F3FEC53-01AC-46F7-A090-E9C279D9660D.jpeg

I would watch all of Virgin River but my honey lost interest so we stopped - I have read all the books so know the story fairly well.

We are still watching Lucifer and enjoying it.

Emma JC

I don't have Netflix so can only watch it once a week at someone's home. I'm really enjoying the series and love the acting plus the BC scenery.

That's interesting that you both watch the same programmes. I think that if I were to live with someone we'd both have our own TV sets.:grinning:

• Friendly
I don't have Netflix so can only watch it once a week at someone's home. I'm really enjoying the series and love the acting plus the BC scenery.

That's interesting that you both watch the same programmes. I think that if I were to live with someone we'd both have our own TV sets.:grinning:

we only have one set and if we didn't do that together then there wouldn't be much that we did do as either he or I are on our computers most of the day

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas