Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I wish i could do an online shop but i dont have access to an appropriate computer.. also I have to shop for two 70 year olds, a 90 year old, 2 pets, and myself... so it would be very difficult anyway doing it online as it is always a big shop...
Can your iPhone not download the app

Well the iPad might download the New World or Countdown app .
So you don’t stress out ,as it might appear overwhelming in the beginning just place a small order just for you to see how it goes 😊

Reactions: Emma JC and Freesia
just got sent this chart.
Probably for earlier versions of Covid.
anyway. I only have one N95 mask. its not my favorite but I'm going to start wearing it when I go grocery shopping.

oovid.jpeg

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I am thrilled to say that I am still thrilled with the shopping experience - it was a very large order and I received everything I asked for and also received someone else's fresh blueberries.... I am sad for them. I unticked substitution on all but a couple of items to ensure that I didn't receive something "else" and the frozen items were still frozen, the veggies were very fresh and I waited only a couple of minutes after arrival to receive it.

I am booking another slot for next Friday when my booster appointment is and will pick it up on the way so I can go straight home afterwards.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

My sister finally made it home. She was supposed to go home yesterday but they decided that yesterday was day five since her positive test so they made her wait until today. Then she was supposed to be discharged at 1:30 PM but there was an issue with the ambulance so she didn’t get home until 4 PM. But at least she’s home.

Spain is calling for Covid-19 to be treated as an endemic disease, like the flu, becoming the first major European nation to explicitly suggest that people live with it.

The idea has gradually been gaining traction and could prompt a re-evaluation of government strategies on dealing with the virus.

The omicron variant’s lower hospitalization and death rates despite record infections prompted Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez to hold out the tantalizing prospect of Europe moving beyond pandemic-style restrictions on normal life.

Spain is calling for Covid-19 to be treated as an endemic disease, like the flu,

It sort of kind of makes sense. However its not just a label, it effects how we deal with it.

Historically, most pandemics last between 2 and a half to 3 and a half years.​
Over time, pandemic viruses typically mutate and evolve into an endemic disease that circulates at lower, more manageable levels.​
This was the case with the influenza strain behind the 1918 flu pandemic and some virologists hope this may be happening with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19​
The 1918 influenza strain never disappeared, rather it continued to mutate and a version of it continues to circulate to this day.​

For a change of pace I walked the perimeter of the county fairgrounds. For the last year or so the West entrance, parking lot, and one of the hangar like expo halls has been the home for drive thru vaccinations. For a little while they also had a walk thru but since the pharmacies have gotten the vaccines that has been discontinued. Probably because it's just easier for most people to walk to a pharmacy. They had some people coming in by bus but I think if you can organize a busload of people you can probably get a nurse to set up shop at your place for a day.
I was surprised to see a pretty long line of cars. With the county being almost 90% vaccinated I thought things would be slowing down. Maybe its the booster or the lower age requirement that is fueling the demand.

It was hard for me to tell how fast the line was going. the line moves in chunks. so the cars hold still for a while and then the line starts moving for a while. And I wasn't planning on hanging around and counting and timing. But I'm guessing it was almost a thousand a day.

On the South side an entrance and a parking lot was dedicated to testing. Just a walk thru but there were lots of cars parked in the lot. According to the news they are doing over 1000 tests a day. That line was moving pretty fast and I doubt anyone had to wait even an hour.

I just placed an order. Is this the same as the government sending them out that I heard on the news? I thought that started tomorrow.