Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My friend tested positive four days in a row but he had been isolating for 10 days since his first symptoms. He called the Covid helpline and they said he can stop isolating and stop testing himself as he could test positive for 3 months or more. I didn't know that!

My friend tested positive four days in a row but he had been isolating for 10 days since his first symptoms. He called the Covid helpline and they said he can stop isolating and stop testing himself as he could test positive for 3 months or more. I didn't know that!
Yes I’ve been hearing the same thing with regard to testing.

I tried finding more definitive information with regard to when/how long one can actually “shed” the virus. But there doesn’t seem to be any definitive answer to that. I see that as an issue. A big one.

so many people in my immediate family have covid - sister-in-law and 3 of her grandchildren (my brother didn't get it) - 2 sets of niece/nephew and their children - they are all way more social than I am and the children being in school also has an influence - thankfully all had mild cases and are doing well - I am staying away from everyone as always

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Who received their free covid test kits that ordered them?
I got the email right away confirming my order, and would get a notice when they would ship, but haven't gotten anything yet :dismay:
My son said he felt feverish and achy all night, and had a fever just under 100. I'm thinking probably flu, but would sure better if he had a test.
I didn't get the results from my weekly test at work yet. Should have gotten it yesterday

Still waiting. We signed up super early too and got a confirmation. I do know people in NY that received theirs two weeks ago. 😡
Hope you’re son feels better soon and that it’s not covid. He probably won’t test positive right away. It could take up to three days to test positive.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Who received their free covid test kits that ordered them?
I got the email right away confirming my order, and would get a notice when they would ship, but haven't gotten anything yet :dismay:
My son said he felt feverish and achy all night, and had a fever just under 100. I'm thinking probably flu, but would sure better if he had a test.
I didn't get the results from my weekly test at work yet. Should have gotten it yesterday
I got my tests on Wednesday. I, too, got an email telling me the day they would arrive, and it was accurate. I got home from a visit with a friend and the mail carrier was just pulling up, so that was good timing.

I hope your son gets better soon and that it's not Covid. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
My husband is ill and off work all week. He did a lateral flow test and it was negative so he got a PCR test and sent it off. I was sneezing the other night but I thought it was to do with handling my husband's vinyl as it was dusty. He started feeling ill the next day. He isn't that bad. Just a sore throat and headache.

I am supposed to be going out this Thursday night so I have to read if I can still go out if his test is positive. Losing track of what the rules are now

@Raven Supposedly you get to go about your business as usual. Maybe test yourself in case you’re asymptomatic. You wouldn’t want to inadvertently spread it to someone. At least that is the current protocol here. Although if you have a medical appointment they will ask if you have been exposed and they will reschedule like they did with my dentist appointment.

Some good news:

Around 3,000 people will take part in the trial led by a team at St George's Hospital in London, and will begin later this week.