Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Still no word on my free tests 🙄
Seriously ticked off how much this country procrastinated, on every level.
And now that mask mandates are all but over throwing N95 masks all over stores for "free" 🙄

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
My daughter got hers today. Still waiting on mine. I don’t care because I had purchased a few so I do have some. I’m thinking they might expire before getting used. I think the next time someone posts on the neighborhood app that they need one I should give them one of mine. It’s a shame to have them go to waste.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
California lifted the mask mandate in many place. according to the paper most people are still masked up.
Maybe they didn't know. or maybe they (like me) want to take precautions.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Theme parks are lifting mask mandates for most of the areas of the parks. Seeing fewer people wearing masks in stores now too.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
I’ll be masking for awhile longer I think.

I’m curious to see if we will continue to mask in medical buildings, even if covid is no longer an issue. To be honest, as much as I dislike wearing them, it makes sense that they should keep the mask protocol indefinitely, especially in places like doctors offices, urgent care and emergency rooms.

I love the fact that I haven’t had an illness since March 2020. I almost always get one cold and/or virus with fever, usually every December. It’s nice only having to deal with occasional allergy symptoms.

Reactions: Andy_T and Emma JC
we have free tests available through our grocery stores - I didn't receive them last week when I picked up my delivery so I called yesterday before going to pick up this week's and asked about them "You only get them if you come into the store to shop" I was told........ huh? doesn't that defeat the purpose? I would like to not come into the store if I have it and I don't want to go in and risk getting it.... silly policy!

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

My work went back to mandating masks only if unvaccinated. I am glad of that, I'm pretty isolated in my area. With the mandates people in offices could go without if their door was closed. That didn't make sense to me as when someone would come in they would quickly mask, but what about the enclosed air? 🤔 Anyway, we test weekly and had no one positive the last couple weeks

My work went back to mandating masks only if unvaccinated. I am glad of that, I'm pretty isolated in my area. With the mandates people in offices could go without if their door was closed. That didn't make sense to me as when someone would come in they would quickly mask, but what about the enclosed air? 🤔 Anyway, we test weekly and had no one positive the last couple weeks
I think the "enclosed air" would not have a lot of the virus in it. there may be more modern takes on this but back when covid was New, the thought was that that the water droplets that people exhaled - containing the virus - would quickly drop out of the atmosphere. I believe that was the whole basis of the 6 foot rule. that the water droplets would not remained suspended for a distance of 6 feet.

there is also something about the concentration. I think this was part of the reason they closed restaurants. A bunch of people talking in a closed room would created a concentration that would infect people. So maybe you're right about being concerned about people's offices.

Reactions: KLS52
I think the "enclosed air" would not have a lot of the virus in it. there may be more modern takes on this but back when covid was New, the thought was that that the water droplets that people exhaled - containing the virus - would quickly drop out of the atmosphere. I believe that was the whole basis of the 6 foot rule. that the water droplets would not remained suspended for a distance of 6 feet.

there is also something about the concentration. I think this was part of the reason they closed restaurants. A bunch of people talking in a closed room would created a concentration that would infect people. So maybe you're right about being concerned about people's offices.

yes, that is something that the anti-mask people don't understand - a mask may prevent you from getting or giving it, more importantly it may prevent you from getting a bigger dose of it - it isn't all or none - a smaller concentration/dose is easier for the body to deal with and therefore helps to build natural immunity IMO and from what I have read/heard

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

^ and I thing that is why they haven't mandated masks in the outdoors. and that there is an emphasis on indoor spaces to be well ventilated.

Early on during the pandemic there was an study that compared and calculated the risks of having no one masked, someone masked, and everyone masked. I'll see if I can dig that up.

Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Since the whole 'mask mandate" thing expired (I don't think OH had one lately) I've noticed about 50% less people wearing them--except Aldi. Aldi still is mostly masked, including all employees

Grandkids had a great week with no masks. So far so good.

I had my first ever official covid test today in preparation for my cataract surgery on Monday. Imagine it comes back positive as me being asymptomatic? 🤦🏻‍♀️ I really can’t imagine. I haven’t been anywhere.

My husband and me are both positive for Covid. I kept coughing last night so I was trying to sleep sitting up but I find that almost impossible. I feel better being upright so I got out of bed. It's weird as I felt so ill Saturday (but not with typical Covid symptoms) and then fine for a few days and then suddenly ill again with a cough and temperature. I have to look at the rules about Covid as I keep getting confused with how long you have to stay away from people now.

My husband and me are both positive for Covid. I kept coughing last night so I was trying to sleep sitting up but I find that almost impossible. I feel better being upright so I got out of bed. It's weird as I felt so ill Saturday (but not with typical Covid symptoms) and then fine for a few days and then suddenly ill again with a cough and temperature. I have to look at the rules about Covid as I keep getting confused with how long you have to stay away from people now.
So sorry to hear this. I hope you get through it without it being too bad. đź’™

This is what I found from the CDC:

“Stay home for at least 5 days
Stay home for 5 days and isolate from others in your home.
Wear a well-fitted mask if you must be around others in your home.
Do not travel.
Ending isolation if you had symptoms
End isolation after 5 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms are improving.
Ending isolation if you did NOT have symptoms
End isolation after at least 5 full days after your positive test.
If you were severely ill with COVID-19 or are immunocompromised
You should isolate for at least 10 days. Consult your doctor before ending isolation.
Take precautions until day 10
Wear a mask
Wear a well-fitted mask for 10 full days any time you are around others inside your home or in public. Do not go to places where you are unable to wear a mask.
Do not travel
Do not travel until a full 10 days after your symptoms started or the date your positive test was taken if you had no symptoms.
Avoid being around people who are at high risk”

In my mind, the most important thing would be to at least wear a mask once you start going out again. I think one of the hardest things to discern is at what point we are no longer shedding the virus.

I hope you both recover quickly.

Still no word on my free tests 🙄
Seriously ticked off how much this country procrastinated, on every level.
And now that mask mandates are all but over throwing N95 masks all over stores for "free" 🙄
Did you ever get the tests?

Did you ever get the tests?
l did. Who knows what's next? My work lifted it's mask mandate for everyone now. Aldi still has employees masking, and about half the customers there still mask. Far better than other stores here
My work still does mandatory weekly testing