Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My SIL is refusing the booster. She had J&J. I feel like she’s not even vaccinated at this point and I’m not sure I want to keep our Christmas plans at this point.

Maybe have a zoom with her if you are uncomfortable? we,did that for our christmas though it was because of people being overseas... but that can be a way to catch up..

The news story was about why there was so much breakthrough with Omicron. Something about how the different viruses are "shaped". Where the receptors and how they are shaped. Its like the omicron mutation is just enough different
Yes ... This is how I understand it: The viruses have "keys" (spikes) which fit into "keyholes" (receptors) in our cells, so that is how they break into or unlock the cells. Once inside the cell, it takes over the cellular machinery to produce copies of itself instead of whatever the cell was producing before. The vaccines stimulate our bodies to produce immune cells (different types of white blood cells) with receptors that the virus spikes will also attach to, but in this case the immune cells will kill the virus. However, if the virus mutates so its spikes no longer fit so well into the immune cell receptors, but still fit well into the regular cell receptors, then the vaccines become less effective. And that is what has happened with Omicron.

Maybe have a zoom with her if you are uncomfortable? we,did that for our christmas though it was because of people being overseas... but that can be a way to catch up..
Yes we could zoom. But she will be mad lol. We actually didn’t see her last Christmas but waited and had Christmas in July which was kind of fun. My daughter thinks I’m over reacting. She’s suggesting we all test the morning of.

Yes we could zoom. But she will be mad lol. We actually didn’t see her last Christmas but waited and had Christmas in July which was kind of fun. My daughter thinks I’m over reacting. She’s suggesting we all test the morning of.

Whether they think you are overreacting or not, if you feel uncomfortable you will probably continue to feel uncomfortable... just tell her you care but want to wait longer.. there is plenty of time to catch up in the future..

I was talking to the young lady at the lab (went there for a PCR test) this morning and she said that many triple jabbed people had caught Covid.
There's very little social distancing over here and people still have dinner parties/gatherings etc.
When can you expect your results? 💙

Day 9 of sister being in hospital, not Covid related, and she was being discharged today. Well I guess they test for Covid before they release patients which turns out to be a good thing, because she tested positive. She was tested when she was admitted and she was negative.

So now she may have to stay there because we don’t know the policy of the agency and if the aides are allowed to care for Covid patients in their home. She has two 24 hour aides that rotate days. One of them is definitely hesitant on wanting to care for her, not that I can blame her. Who wants to hang out with a Covid patient. And these home health aides do not get paid nearly enough as it is.

I was going to post in the gripe thread that one of my fillings came out but I’m definitely not going to complain about that now lol.

My dad was exposed to COVID from my cousin, who takes him out for coffee once a week. I'm so hoping my dad doesn't get it as he has several health issues that could lead to serious complications. I talked to him this morning, and so far he is OK. My cousin said he fell ill on Wednesday morning with a fever, chills and shortness of breath, but by Thursday, the fever was gone and he was feeling much better. So maybe just a mild case. Fingers crossed. He thinks his son might have brought it home from school.

Last edited:
Two state lawyers arguing against the Biden administration's vaccine mandates in front of the Supreme Court on Friday have tested positive for COVID and are presenting their cases remotely, state officials confirmed Friday.​

My dad was exposed to COVID from my cousin, who takes him out for coffee once a week. I'm so hoping my dad doesn't get it as he has several health issues that could lead to serious complications. I talked to him this morning, and so far he is OK. My cousin said he fell ill on Wednesday morning with a fever, chills and shortness of breath, but by Thursday, the fever was gone and he was feeling much better. So maybe just a mild case. Fingers crossed. He thinks his son might have brought it home from school.
Oh no, sorry to hear this! Hopefully your dad won’t catch it! And I’m glad your cousin is ok. 💙
Which day was he with your cousin? Just wondering where he falls within the incubation/exposure window.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
My stepdaughter is slowly getting better. She’s happy to be out of the hospital especially since they were all doom and gloom, saying she would likely be there for weeks.

Her doctor does want her out on disability through January and may send her for physical therapy. She’s being told to rest, work on lung recovery, no visitors to the home and no leaving the house. They believe she had the delta variant and are concerned that she could catch omicron. She will be able to get the booster in 3 to 4 weeks.

Yesterday, for the first time, I shopped for my groceries online and will be picking them up tonight at 6:30. Wow, was that fun!! I loved it and we will see if I still love it once I get everything home. I always keep a running grocery list so it was pretty simple and they allow you to add/subtract up until midnight of the day before you pick it up. What a great way to shop... it did cost $5 as it is the weekend ($3 on weekdays) and yet I feel it is worth it as I bought over $140 worth of groceries. So happy I will have bananas by tomorrow and fresh produce again. It was through PC Express for those of you in Canada and it is so easy and user friendly.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Yesterday, for the first time, I shopped for my groceries online and will be picking them up tonight at 6:30. Wow, was that fun!! I loved it and we will see if I still love it once I get everything home. I always keep a running grocery list so it was pretty simple and they allow you to add/subtract up until midnight of the day before you pick it up. What a great way to shop... it did cost $5 as it is the weekend ($3 on weekdays) and yet I feel it is worth it as I bought over $140 worth of groceries. So happy I will have bananas by tomorrow and fresh produce again. It was through PC Express for those of you in Canada and it is so easy and user friendly.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
During the first part of the pandemic that is all I did. Go online. order. and do curbside pick up the next day.
Never any fees.
However there were always issues. Some of the issues got worked out but I rarely got everything I wanted.
When I allowed for substitutions I sometimes ended up with nonvegan items.

I have been doing grocery shopping online/curbside pickup since Spring 2019 and will continue to do so for as long as they offer the option. I love it, other than the items that are out of stock. I do enjoy shopping in store in our brand new Big Y. I only end up needing a few items so I can get in/out in 15 minutes and do self checkout.

During the first part of the pandemic that is all I did. Go online. order. and do curbside pick up the next day.
Never any fees.
However there were always issues. Some of the issues got worked out but I rarely got everything I wanted.
When I allowed for substitutions I sometimes ended up with nonvegan items.
Wow, they gave you non-vegan food. That's really messed up.
Actually, now that I think about it, I also got some things that contained milk. I was too tired, so I didn't complain. But those things I threw away, because I couldn't give those to anyone because of the ongoing COVID-situation. I did wonder what would happen if I'd put them into some ones mail box, but never took that into action.

Oh no, sorry to hear this! Hopefully your dad won’t catch it! And I’m glad your cousin is ok. 💙
Which day was he with your cousin? Just wondering where he falls within the incubation/exposure window.
Thank you! He is on day 4 since exposure. His voice sounded hoarse today, but he insists he feels fine. I'm hoping he doesn't wake up tomorrow feeling ill. Fingers crossed.

I wish i could do an online shop but i dont have access to an appropriate computer.. also I have to shop for two 70 year olds, a 90 year old, 2 pets, and myself... so it would be very difficult anyway doing it online as it is always a big shop...