Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I hope he has an easy time of it!
I still don't know for sure that I have had Covid as I didn't do a test each time with the random symptoms I had. I assume I have from what the paramedics said to me.

My brother seems to be getting a fever both times unlike me and more cold symptoms. He said he had a bad headache but slept for a long time and feels a bit better. He met his girlfriend in London where he must have caught it this last time but she got a negative result.

I really hate how random it is. There is literally no rhyme or reason at this point as to who catches it and what their symptoms will be or how bad. 😞

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
We have been told there are a couple of employees who tested positive. They always say that anyone who was in close contact with them has been notified. So far I have not been one of those people; there have been quite a few covid cases among TJ employees. We are not told who it is but if you look at the posted schedule you can see who is crossed off.

The Health District has reported that 38 residents on Dec 29, 18 residents on Dec 31 and 35 residents on Jan 1 have tested positive for COVID-19 for a total of 1255 since the beginning of the pandemic. Residents are encouraged to get vaccinated.

Daughter’s friend has a brother who had Covid previously and has it again now after being vaccinated and boostered but it is an extremely mild case.

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia
It’s great that these breakthrough cases are mostly mild but I would prefer that vaccinated and boostered people would not catch it at all. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It makes me not want to go out and about and I don’t like that.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Freesia
It’s great that these breakthrough cases are mostly mild but I would prefer that vaccinated and boostered people would not catch it at all. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It makes me not want to go out and about and I don’t like that.

I was talking to the young lady at the lab (went there for a PCR test) this morning and she said that many triple jabbed people had caught Covid.
There's very little social distancing over here and people still have dinner parties/gatherings etc.

it's been almost two weeks since I have gone anywhere but to the garbage disposal... I am going to try to hang on for a while longer as we have plenty of food - if we can just get over that hump of increases - it is almost a month since Omicron started flying and so I am hopeful it will start dropping back as we still don't have an app't for the booster until the end of the month

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

I wonder whether European countries will follow Israel's example who will be 4th jabbing the + 60's ?

Prime Minister Naftali Bennett said Tuesday Israelis over the age of 60 and medical teams will be eligible for a fourth Covid vaccination, following the recommendation of an expert panel.

I heard a news story on the radio yesterday and just now I tried to look it up but can't find it.

The news story was about why there was so much breakthrough with Omicron. Something about how the different viruses are "shaped". Where the receptors and how they are shaped. Its like the omicron mutation is just enough different

The story also said that only Pfizer and Moderna were any good against Omnicron. That is what I wanted to look up because I hadn't heard that before.

They also said that even having had a different version of Covid does not give you immunity to Omicron.

At the end of the story they said regardless you should still get vaccinated and boosted. Although you might get covid, you wouldn't be as likely to be hospitalized or die.

There was also an expert who thought that this present surge might end by the end of the month.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I did hear that omicron might be the “endemic”.

So crazy news…my stepdaughter is being discharged and she no longer needs oxygen. It’s like as soon as she turned a corner to doing just a little bit better, the healing just accelerated super fast! Such good news!

Can’t find the article @Lou was referring to but found this.

https://www.11alive.com/article/new...riant/85-aefef265-550a-4493-ab61-41158bad6f5a

Across the board, health experts agree all the vaccines that exist provide some protection against severe disease no matter the variant. New information suggests only two vaccine brands, Pfizer and Moderna, provide protection against getting infected with omicron.
“So far, the evidence and data that we have seem to show that the Pfizer and Moderna [vaccines] do have the best protection against omicron. And unfortunately, most of the world has not received Pfizer or Moderna,” Dr. Sujatha Reddy said.

“We know absolutely that the booster, certainly from the data from Pfizer, takes you from 35% effectiveness against omicron up to about 75%, and if you mix and match, meaning you mix Pfizer and Moderna, you seem to get a slightly bigger bump in immune protection and effectiveness against this particular omicron variant,” Morgan said.”

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15