Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I've had a fun xmas. I think I must have caught Covid and I cracked my rib. One night I lay down and was suddenly was struggling to breathe so my husband had to call an ambulance. They thought it was due to my rib and not Covid when they turned up. The paramedics said they think I have had Covid at least twice in the last month because of my symptoms.

The symptoms are bizarre. I wouldn't have even put them down to Covid.

I'm feeling suddenly much better today.

“Connecticut blew past its previous record for COVID-19 positivity rate Tuesday, reporting 5,753 new cases on 38,395 tests for a daily rate of 14.98%.

Previously, the state hadn’t reported a positivity rate higher than 11% on any given day since widespread testing began in spring 2020.

Officials warn that Connecticut’s positivity rate tends to be highest on Tuesdays due to patterns in who gets tested over the weekend, but even so the broader trend is clear. The state’s seven-day positivity rate now stands at 10.8%, easily the highest at any point since testing expanded.”

• Sad
  • Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
one- up manship?

Over Christmas Hollidays, California reported its 5 Millionth Covid case.
we are at 9.7% postivity rate.
The number of new cases is high - but less than a quarter of what it was last December. I guess that is good news.

IMHO, historians of the future are going to judge Baby Boomers pretty harshly. I now wonder if they will consider Covid our biggest mistake. I don't think Boomers created it but they have a big hand in leadership and are greatly responsible for mishandling the response.

The end result could be an endemic virus that continues to spread and mutate forever.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I've had a fun xmas. I think I must have caught Covid and I cracked my rib. One night I lay down and was suddenly was struggling to breathe so my husband had to call an ambulance. They thought it was due to my rib and not Covid when they turned up. The paramedics said they think I have had Covid at least twice in the last month because of my symptoms.

The symptoms are bizarre. I wouldn't have even put them down to Covid.

I'm feeling suddenly much better today.
Are you still feeling better I hope?

At work we have 5 new cases from Mondays testing on the production floor, more in the office.
We haven't required all the contacts to quarantine anymore

over 20000 new cases in Ohio, with 64 new ICU admissions

I feel fortunate to have the job I have now! :yes:

Just got turned on to this site.

some pretty interesting charts.

I feel like we are 100% back to where we started in March 2020. 😩

The differences, hopefully, outweigh the similarities...

Lots of vaccines in arms, many people already convinced masks are helpful, omicron appears to be less severe just more transmissible, more awareness and therefore more preparedness, people already working from home still etc....

South Africa seems to have hit its peak about one month after it started there and so I am hoping that the same happens everywhere which means for Canada it is about January 9th or 10th.... I wonder if I can stay home until then. :scream:

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I feel like we are 100% back to where we started in March 2020. 😩

I kindof feel that way too.
Except not that far back. just back to last fall/winter.

December 30, 2020
The USA had approx 200,000 new cases a day and about 2000 deaths a day.

now its just risen to about 200,000 new cases a day but only about 1000 deaths a day.

Last year it peaked in mid January with about 3000 deaths/day. At the end of September we had a peak of 2000 deaths and its been dropping steadily. However it might go up again.

I feel somewhat optimistic with vaccines and masking rules and the new treatments that are coming up.
However I feel somewhat pessimistic that this it the new normal.

I have been looking at that CDC Covid Data tracker a lot.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Lots of drama at my old job. One of my former office mates spent both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with 20 relative adults and ten kids…one young child/baby with an autoimmune disease and two elderly relatives who are not vaccinated. She was directly exposed to another office mate a week prior who was Covid positive and her young grandson was also directly exposed to a Covid positive classmate. She refused to get tested because it would “ruin Christmas” …And she didn’t want to wait in line with people who “might be sick”.

Well guess what. Her son in law is sick but not tested yet. And now her daughter is sick. She also has cold symptoms herself but still resisted getting tested. Now her twin sister is positive as is the sister’s husband. She finally went to get tested today and she’s positive. Luckily her husband who had a heart attack/surgery awhile back is negative…for now.

Wth do you do with people like this? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️:bang::bang::bang:

Lots of drama at my old job. One of my former office mates spent both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day with 20 relative adults and ten kids…one young child/baby with an autoimmune disease and two elderly relatives who are not vaccinated. She was directly exposed to another office mate a week prior who was Covid positive and her young grandson was also directly exposed to a Covid positive classmate. She refused to get tested because it would “ruin Christmas” …And she didn’t want to wait in line with people who “might be sick”.

Well guess what. Her son in law is sick but not tested yet. And now her daughter is sick. She also has cold symptoms herself but still resisted getting tested. Now her twin sister is positive as is the sister’s husband. She finally went to get tested today and she’s positive. Luckily her husband who had a heart attack/surgery awhile back is negative…for now.

Wth do you do with people like this? 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️:bang::bang::bang:
Wow, that is just so frustrating. And it was irresponsible of her not to get tested before Christmas. That's not cool.

• Agree
Reactions: Tom L. and KLS52
I have been observing customers at work and counting the mask wearers. A lot of people have stopped wearing them and some days I think the majority of the people in the store are maskless. And no one bothers to social distance at all anymore. :(