Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Tonight, as I walked back from the beach with the dog, a black cat leapt out in front of us. It arched its back and bushed out its tail, snarling as my dog lunged at it.

With its back arched and legs sniffened, it hopped sideways across our path, then flew towards a brownstone's steps and hid.

I inhaled. And as I did, I felt something catch deep within one lung. That crackling, rumbling feel. Congestion.

I hoped I wasn't sick.

I read a few years ago that gargling can boost your immune system, I think it was. I should remember to do that.

I had to cancel our overnight stay away as London will be in Tier 2 soon and so is the area we were going to. I don't feel like travelling anywhere at the moment anyway. At least we will save some money.

So many sirens in the neighborhood tonight. Before the COVID spike, it was quiet. People need to stop denying COVID. It's real.

I'm not far from the zip code with the highest positivity rate in the whole city. I've already started staying in more. I really don't want to get sick.

Tested "slightly positive" yesterday. It was the second routine swab after I had contact with a positive tested colleague. First one was negative, second one was positive. Luckily I only have some slight headaches and a bit of a sore throat atm but the hypochondria is already settling in a bit.

14 d of quarantine now because mild symptoms since Tuesday evening.

*sigh*

Tested "slightly positive" yesterday. It was the second routine swab after I had contact with a positive tested colleague. First one was negative, second one was positive. Luckily I only have some slight headaches and a bit of a sore throat atm but the hypochondria is already settling in a bit.

*sigh*

sending healing thoughts 🙏

Emma JC

*sigh*

Please keep us posted! I hope you'll be ok. We're thinking of you.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I will. As with every common cold symptoms get slightly worse in the evening. It was the same yesterday.

I'm not feeling really sick but I admit that I'm terribly afraid this will change during the next days. Symptoms started Tuesday evening so it's only day 4 completed.

Better not googling anything. I'm enough of a hypochondriac already anyway. It doesn't help things that I only get to see the "bad cases", the people needing to be hospitalized, on ICU, on ECMO.

:(

Is slightly positive a thing? I thought it was a binary thing. There are false positives and negatives, too.
anyway. Feel better. Good luck.
There is the "ct-value" but I don't know what's up with that. I guess it means they found some virus RNA but not massive amounts of it. I was send home immediately into quarantine. We now have three people on quarantine in our department. That was just a matter of time though. We were lucky for quite a long time.

There is the "ct-value" but I don't know what's up with that. I guess it means they found some virus RNA but not massive amounts of it. I was send home immediately into quarantine. We now have three people on quarantine in our department. That was just a matter of time though. We were lucky for quite a long time.
:rose: I wish you all the best of health! Do the breathing exercises, drink lots of water, take D--whatever might help and you know won't hurt!!!:hug:

The breathing exercises made me cough slightly (the one that is supposed to release the diaphragm). What doesn't help is a musculoskeletal pain I have next to the spine. I sometimes have that because I'm prone to trigger points and referral pain and this is very inconvenient right now. It's not really easy to differentiate the pain from something "in the lung or trachea", dunno. As long as I can trigger the pain with movement and pressure I guess it's nothing COVID related though... Taking my vitamins and all. Hopefully it'll help.

I still can't wrap my brain around that "being COVID positive". My mind's protecting mechanism I guess.

I wonder if there is some way you can get your blood oxygen levels checked besides buying an Oximeter. ($10 at Walmart, $20 on Amazon)

Or maybe buying the new Apple watch. Ha. I'm surprised Apple hasn't started using that as a selling point.

Cuomo just announced that restrictions will now be block by block.

This is a terrible idea. It's going to pit neighbors against each other and discourage people from getting tested. It also won't work. If anything, it'll encourage people to travel outside of their neighborhoods and spread the virus.

I'm imagining all of these scenarios:

"My business got shut down because that weirdo down the block put himself at risk and caught the virus. He owes me for my lost earnings."

"Don't get tested or they'll shut my business down. Here's ten bucks to stay home and away from the doctor."

"We're restricted because THOSE people keep getting sick."

"Lie about your address when you get tested. Then our businesses won't be shut down."

It's a mess. They need to come up with something better.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC and Freesia
I took the train to Lower Manhattan and back. There are so many boarded up storefronts covered in graffiti. And people who are out on the streets, homeless or in bad situations of some kind. It's like in the 70's and 80's.

My generation has had a kind of nostalgia for that era. "If only New York was gritty again." But that comes from a place of advantage - not being someone who's bearing the brunt of it all but being the cool artist with the cheap rent and fast track to becoming famous. Maybe people will wake up to that.

Not to take away from the legit criticisms of gentrification. Just the side that romanticizes poverty from a distance.

It's getting a little eeerie out there. The whole situation seems worse than what the media is reporting - more ambulances, more poverty.

Things are getting bad in America and there should be more outrage and less of the stiff upper lip, less effort towards being politically diplomatic, less of the positive spins and silver linings. We're being abused by our government and we need to take a stronger stand against that.