Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Oh yes, in my last two shopping deliveries the toilet paper has been missing as the note said there wasn't enough in stock. Some people must be bulk buying again.

I saw a local shop is selling toilet paper quite cheaply so I bought some today and I will buy it from there in future. The local shops in London are probably doing very well from Covid as people must be relying on them when the supermarkets are running low. They are meant to have different supply chains from the bigger supermarkets.

Wasnt' sure where to put this. we probably should have started a new thread for face masks. but anyway....

Like reusable grocery bags, we store face masks in our car, in our closets, in our vegan leather totes, and basically anywhere to ensure we won’t forget one when we go out. So we’re always in the market for a cute, new mask, and it’s even more thrilling to come across one with a sustainability and/or vegan angle. Here are eight of our favorites to refresh your collection.​

Reactions: Emma JC
Sore throat seems to be better. Walking around the flat and talking on the phone while walking around feels different than usually. However, I have that with every infection so I'd consider this nothing unusual so far.

Waiting for the call from the public health department how to proceed further.

Wasnt' sure where to put this. we probably should have started a new thread for face masks. but anyway....

Like reusable grocery bags, we store face masks in our car, in our closets, in our vegan leather totes, and basically anywhere to ensure we won’t forget one when we go out. So we’re always in the market for a cute, new mask, and it’s even more thrilling to come across one with a sustainability and/or vegan angle. Here are eight of our favorites to refresh your collection.​

@Lou , you have posted it in the right place. :) :up:

As there are so many topics/questions/facts concerning Covid 19, it's better to have just the one thread hence the title. We try to keep the forum nice and tidy and not have too many thread titles with the same or similar titles. So, no it wouldn't have been a good idea to start yet another thread.

Members who are looking for answers or specific topics can find them using the Search function.

Sadly, this thread may go on for a very long time...............

The hospital called. I'm supposed to get another test today to confirm that it's positive and if there is any change in virus load. I'm going to drive there in an hour and it will be made in the car.

*sigh*

It's for the best. Did the staff give you any other advise? Just be careful from day 7 to 10.

Reactions: Freesia and Emma JC
@Lou , you have posted it in the right place. :) :up:

As there are so many topics/questions/facts concerning Covid 19, it's better to have just the one thread hence the title. We try to keep the forum nice and tidy and not have too many thread titles with the same or similar titles. So, no it wouldn't have been a good idea to start yet another thread.

Members who are looking for answers or specific topics can find them using the Search function.

Sadly, this thread may go on for a very long time...............
I'm not arguing with you but just defending my idea - I know there are many posts about face masks you can buy. I posted some of them myself. but if you do a search for face masks you get something like 200 hits. Rules, news, stories, etc. Sifting for the threads on the products is somewhat cumbersome.

So that is why I thought maybe we should have a separate thread. Or maybe put it in the products thread. its probably too late now anyway.

But.. this is a vegan forum - not a Covid19 forum so we probably don't need or want Covid to take up too much space.

sadly, the Covid thread is one of the biggest.

I'm not arguing with you but just defending my idea - I know there are many posts about face masks you can buy. I posted some of them myself. but if you do a search for face masks you get something like 200 hits. Rules, news, stories, etc. Sifting for the threads on the products is somewhat cumbersome.

So that is why I thought maybe we should have a separate thread. Or maybe put it in the products thread. its probably too late now anyway.

But.. this is a vegan forum - not a Covid19 forum so we probably don't need or want Covid to take up too much space.

sadly, the Covid thread is one of the biggest.

Feel free to post it in the products section.:)

It is by far the most popular thread with 117 pages in 8 months and has overtaken the Dinner/Supper thread. Sad times.:confused:

It's for the best. Did the staff give you any other advise? Just be careful from day 7 to 10.
I asked for some "red flags" but they provided no real information. Going to look at nail beds and lips for signs of hypoxia. Can't hurt.

What's happening on day 7 to 10? I couldn't find a real timeline when it comes to symptoms. Everything is still very vague. Like the German RKI claims that mean time from having first symptoms to hospitalization is about 4 days. So if symptoms started really on Tuesday I'm on the end of day 6.

I feel anxious. I don't even know what day of infection it is, like started symptoms really Tuesday evening? Or was it Wednesday? No real idea.

I asked for some "red flags" but they provided no real information. Going to look at nail beds and lips for signs of hypoxia. Can't hurt.

What's happening on day 7 to 10? I couldn't find a real timeline when it comes to symptoms. Everything is still very vague. Like the German RKI claims that mean time from having first symptoms to hospitalization is about 4 days. So if symptoms started really on Tuesday I'm on the end of day 6.

I feel anxious. I don't even know what day of infection it is, like started symptoms really Tuesday evening? Or was it Wednesday? No real idea.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
Thanks for posting it. Doesn't easy my anxiety but I guess nothing does these days, *sigh*. My pulsoxymeter has been shipped and should arrive soon I guess. Don't know how good these things are but it might help feeling better, dunno.

No signs of cyanosis and I don't feel ill. Like if I didn't have a positive test I guess I would've gone to work today. The only thing I notice is that I get winded easier but I have that with every respiratory infection.

I'm weighing the pro's and con's of going to get a COVID test and antibody test. I don't have any symptoms, but I do work that puts me at risk of exposure. And, of course, of exposing other people.

However, riding the train or bus to the hospital and taking the test there involves more proximity to other people. I'm not sure at what point that becomes a good idea.

It's hard to tell if it makes sense.

However, I luckily have very mild symptoms so far and I was tested positive. I only went to the test (first one was negative) because one of the technicians in our department was tested positive and we all had to go for the swab on Tuesday and Friday.

What does the public health department in your country recommend?

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52