Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

It feels like it has always been like this: only Moscovits are "in chocolate". Today, some major tests of Sputnik-V started (it looks more like mass vaccination, and it's actually called "the mass vaccination", except... only 40000 people will get it, and it's only Moscovits who will get it). Biotechnological cafedra of Gamalei institute announced an action. Those who were quick enough, managed to apply an online form and got their first vaccine shot for free today. Another shot will be in 21 days (also for free). I feel so bad for SPb: the situation in SPb is the worst in the country, but still, SPb is not getting anything, except empty promises and stupid solemn speeches.😡 Meanwhile, the deal with Mexico is already complete: in the nearest future, Mexico will get 30 millions dozes of Sputnik-V.
T'fu blin, azh protivno...:yuck:

Numbers (new cases) are creeping up and the thought of having to go back into a partial lockdown is scary.

The UK could see about 120,000 new coronavirus deaths in a second wave of infections this winter, scientists say.

Asked to model a "reasonable" worst-case scenario, they suggest a range between 24,500 and 251,000 of virus-related deaths in hospitals alone, peaking in January and February.To date, there have been 44,830 official deaths in the UK, but this has slowed with 1,100 in July.
The estimate does not take into account any lockdowns, treatments or vaccines.

And the scientists say: "The risk... could be reduced if we take action immediately"

yes, even here in Ontario where we have done a pretty good job of flattening the curve the numbers are rising again, back to over 200 yesterday despite having been able to get the numbers under 100 per day for over two weeks - it seems that adults who went to a restaurant were twice as likely to test positive - I am not going to any restaurants...

still a number of empty shelves in the grocery store - I noticed yesterday that there is no white vinegar available, at all - a few specialty bottles of vinegar but most vinegars are sold out, along with soy sauce in the larger containers - thankfully gnocchi was on sale again and I was able to buy packages for $1 each... bonus!!

I really wish we had a cold cellar as the local produce was on sale yesterday. $2 each for 10 lbs of carrots/potatoes/beets also cauliflower was $2...

Emma JC

Lockdown during the winter months will be awful if it happens here, urgh.:fp:

Hmm, I went out today and took my N95 mask just in case I needed it and I went into a couple of shops and decided to use it as the staff were elderly (even though I am exempt from wearing a mask now) and I felt okay. I think it was the cloth masks making me get vertigo for some reason. Maybe they were too constricting over my mouth and nose and restricting my breathing.

I will stick to the N95 masks now, if I have to go out again. Which isn't very much, to be honest. :D

Yes, wondering how it will be like this summer. hopefully things settle down to level 1 again as we have really hot summers.... makes it hard to do stuff during the day...

Last edited:
Here are some masks at the site that donates to animal shelters. I have bought one before they were on sale and I might take advantage of this deal. I have supported this site for years!

Here are some masks at the site that donates to animal shelters. I have bought one before they were on sale and I might take advantage of this deal. I have supported this site for years!

I looked there yesterday- they were sold out of the one I liked best!
My job supplies the disposable ones but I'm really sick of them. By afternoon they seem to feel fuzzy and just sooooo wasteful. I do like how they feel best though, I hated the cottony cloth ones

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Freesia
I just bought these. They work really well. Quite comfortable and definitely makes breathing and talking easier. I don’t know about using it for hours on end though. I’m not usually anywhere more than 20-30 minutes and often less than that so I like it.

Attachments

• 040D65D7-204A-4AD0-89A8-2EC3B873A635.jpeg
    040D65D7-204A-4AD0-89A8-2EC3B873A635.jpeg
    420.7 KB · Views: 5
Well up until today I didn't personally know anyone who had tested positive.
Almost everyone I know thinks they had it. or knows someone who thinks they have it. but those of us who actually got tested -tested negative. I have never been tested. But I was sick in mid-march with a low fever - for about a week and thought i had it.

My sister has a housekeeper, Anna Maria. Since March she has been paying her not to come to the house. Anna has a room in my sister's neighborhood so they still see each other regularly. I saw her regularly while i was still at my sister's - in and around the neighborhood while walking Bugsy. She even volunteered to clean my apartment for free when I was preparing to return home. The logistics defeated me and then we had the lockdown.

Anna is 65 and has multiple health concerns. she is also a cancer survivor. Although not the sharpest tool in the shed, she has been super careful. But last week her son surprised her with a birthday party and he invited more people than he should have. Several of the party-goers have become ill. Right now Anna is real sick. She was hospitalized and is now on a ventilator.

I should have an update later.

I know some of you have friends and family who have tested positive and even been hospitalized. but this is the first person I actually know who has. (up until now its mostly been 3rd-degree people. )

I wonder if Nickelodeon still thinks this is a hoax.

My sister's housekeeper passed away yesterday. COVID is real.

My sister's housekeeper passed away yesterday. COVID is real.
Oh no. Very sorry to hear that.

So far I know three people who’ve had it. My cousin back in March/April. She had it really bad...hospitalized and ventilated four times in two months. She seems pretty good now but has congestive heart failure.
My cousin’s 11 year old son and my step granddaughter. Both fared very well. Sick with fever just a few days. So of course my granddaughter, who is 23, thinks covid has been over dramatized because she breezed through it.

I am so sorry Lou
My co worker was talking about not taking vaccines and asked the engineer who's been working with us if he thought the company would require them. Not only did I discover he was anti-vax, he doesn't believe covid 19 is anything more than a flu, and we need herd immunity. He also believes the conspiracies about drugs like hydroxy-cloraquin being kept from the public as a political motive. I fear he's Q-anon
I won't however be accepting any vaccine in the currant administration!

Oh yeah, he also talked about children dying from wearing masks in gym class as they recirculate your expiration gases. When I asked how people who are required to wear them for work he simply said it wasn't the same

• Friendly
Reactions: Brian W and Emma JC
Went to the pharmacy yesterday which was in the mall. I just want ask about some behaviour I saw. What is the point, of standing there looking at their phone with their mask on their chin, coughing on every person who walks past them? I just cant believe some people.