Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

1. It tried to tell me to add a second point because of being "Indian/Asian/ Mixed descent" but i find that illogical so i will not do it.

Last edited:
I haven't really ever been worried about getting the virus, more so about my husband getting ill as he is a cancer survivor. I'm pretty healthy (apart from my over consumption of alcohol, lol) and I assumed I would be fine if I got it and recover quickly as I don't have any underlying health problems. I still would like to know if the illness I had in January/February was actually Covid.

1. It tried to tell me to add a second point because of being "Indian/Asian/ Mixed descent" but i find that illogical so i will not do it.

I don't think they understand the reason for the differences in risk with BAME people yet.

I dont think it exists, ludicrous. I think it it Dr Moselys imagination.

I don't think they understand the reason for the differences in risk with BAME people yet.

The following link discusses the probable reasons :

"While there is no conclusive evidence that minority groups are more at risk from the disease, some are more likely to have certain underlying health conditions.
Black people are more likely to be overweight than white people, for example, while both Asian and black populations have been found to have a higher risk of diabetes and heart disease, according to the IFS."

Both of these have been linked to higher coronavirus death rates.

But there already is a point for diabetes and heart disease on the list, why mention ethnicity, itsnt it enough just to mention diabetes etc?

But there already is a point for these diseases on the list, why mention ethnicity, itsnt it enough just to mention diabetes etc?

These numbers are only statistics. I would imagine that the government wishes to get a general overview on who is dying from Covid.

I wouldn't read anything else into this.

The following link discusses the probable reasons :

"While there is no conclusive evidence that minority groups are more at risk from the disease, some are more likely to have certain underlying health conditions.
Black people are more likely to be overweight than white people, for example, while both Asian and black populations have been found to have a higher risk of diabetes and heart disease, according to the IFS."

Both of these have been linked to higher coronavirus death rates.

Yes, I think black people are three times more likely to have diabetes. Whenever I get a routine blood test it says something about that on the form.

A lot of doctors in the UK are Asian (well in urban areas) so that would make sense that they would be exposed more to people with the virus.

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I dont want to fight with you both. My originL point was that it asked me to ad a point for this and i disagree.. if i have obesity or diabetes i feel it is about me, not ethnicity. i found it weird as there are many POC both African and Asian who are healthy and live healthy lifestyles. The Japanese live longest inthe world.

I dont want to fight with you both. My originL point was that it asked me to ad a point for this and i disagree.. if i have obesity or diabetes i feel it is about me, not ethnicity. i found it weird as there are many POC both African and Asian who are healthy and live healthy lifestyles. The Japanese live longest inthe world.

It's up to you it's only a quiz and only a rough guide. I think it is just showing which groups in society are especially vulnerable.

• Agree
Reactions: Freesia and shyvas
I went to the chiropodist and showed the exemption sign on my phone as I didn't think I could sit there for that length of time with a mask. They said that they have had quite a few people in there with exemptions. You aren't legally forced to show them but I thought I would tell them to be polite. I try and wear a mask in shops and on public transport as it is for less time.

I was going to say something else about Covid but I have forgotten it now...