Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Its the opposite here, only mandatory on transport. Still plenty wearing them though in public places.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Covid cases are rising rapidly over here. However, I've not met anyone who seems worried about the fact. My GP is about the only person who warned me about going to crowded places including hospitals.

"France reported 13,498 new confirmed Covid-19 cases over the previous 24 hours, setting another record in daily additional infections since the start of the epidemic."

Here is the latest TV ad shown in the UK. It's quite controversial but most probably could be effective for many :

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
Apparently restaurants and bars will be closed as from this Saturday in the two largest towns in the county/department. My neighbour says it's for at least two weeks. However, theatres and cinemas will still be open which isn't really logical.

My poor stepdaughter just got a call from the lab saying they lost her test so she has to go back and have it done again. This means she still have to quarantine until she gets her results back and if she’s positive knows what they were made to do after that. She has not been feeling well for about two weeks now but she’s not sure if it’s because of the smoke from the fires.

I'm always skeptical about claims like this so I did some research and came across a scientific paper.
Vitamin D Levels and COVID-19 Susceptibility: Is there any Correlation?

For those who can't read all the science, here is the conclusion:

4. Conclusion
Dearth of treatment for COVID-19 leaves us with no choice but to take precautionary and prophylactic measures to stand a better chance to fight this pandemic. Hence, maintaining adequate Vit D levels is vital to prevent getting infected or to ward off the infection without mortality, in case it occurs. Clinical trials should be conducted in regard to COVID-19 for assessing the effect of Vit D supplementation and determining the appropriate dose. We conclude that correlation exists between Vit D levels and COVID-19 susceptibility and Vit D could prove to be an essential element in our fight against COVID-19.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
My poor stepdaughter just got a call from the lab saying they lost her test so she has to go back and have it done again. This means she still have to quarantine until she gets her results back and if she’s positive knows what they were made to do after that. She has not been feeling well for about two weeks now but she’s not sure if it’s because of the smoke from the fires.

Sorry to read this.. i hope it is resolved soon for her and she feels better ❤️..

Sorry to read this.. i hope it is resolved soon for her and she feels better ❤..
Thanks. She was supposed to start work back in the office in October and now she can’t go. Her manager was giving her a bit of a hard time about it as if she made it up. She had to show them the documentation from the lab saying she needed to be retested.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Freesia
Thanks. She was supposed to start work back in the office in October and now she can’t go. Her manager was giving her a bit of a hard time about it as if she made it up. She had to show them the documentation from the lab saying she needed to be retested.

you would think the office would be more understandind given all this... it isnt her fault this is happening...

I think I read Vitamin C is meant to help too, I forgot to buy that. I do take a multivitamin but I might get a higher dose of Vitamin C too. I wish you could get a vegan version of the soluble Vitamin C. I've never seen one... I'm off to look.

I think I read Vitamin C is meant to help too, I forgot to buy that. I do take a multivitamin but I might get a higher dose of Vitamin C too. I wish you could get a vegan version of the soluble Vitamin C. I've never seen one... I'm off to look.
“In the beginning” of the pandemic I saw all kinds of information on what we could do to enhance our chances of not getting the virus. Vitamin C and zinc were mentioned. I was taking Vit C every day. And I bought zinc lozenges. I also bought melatonin because I saw something about that too, helping if you caught the virus.

I think I just wanted to have an arsenal ready lol. I purchased a new thermometer and, don’t laugh, a pulse oximeter. 🤦‍♀️ I was pretty crazy when this started. I’m a little better now that we’ve made it this far lol.

I take 2000 mg of Vit D daily also because my levels always test on the low end. I’m wondering if they will be better since I’m getting outside everyday for at least an hour.