Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

The numbers in my area are going up. Way too fast. Over 150 people are confirmed infected the last days and over 1100 in quarantine. And we can follow the numbers after Muslim celebration and hollidays now. The last reason now is a "mosque" that had about 170 visitors in a private home that is not approved for such big numbers at all. They have also had several big family parties. You know it's a good idea to first go to a celebration and then to parties, and then we send the kids to the school. Last rise in numbers was a Muslim wedding.

I'm having my covid test on Monday, as I've been like crap this week and then got fever and soar throat. And just to be safe than sorry, since I've plans for my holliday and don't want to infect others. We have gotten a new test station here, with easy access both by car or food / bike / what ever. And I think it's good to seperate the corona from the other health facilities. I really don't understand where I should catch it from, but in thiese days, Covid-19 symptoms should be treated like that...

After borders opened and schools started, the numbers are of cause on a rise. Some places have closed down part of the schools again allready, under a month after the school started. Bergen have a quite hard time now, after too much partying with the students.

With today's numbers from our two towns, nearly 200 has now tested positive. All within the Muslim community. It shows a bit too that they are not very good integrated. They tend keep to themselves...

I think that is how I got rid of mine. It was so long ago. But I do remember reading up on it and doing different exercises with positioning my head. I did have a prescription for medication but I’m so overly sensitive...I tried taking only half the recommended dose and it pretty much left me comatose for 16 hours. It was awful. I couldn’t function on it at all.

I remember my mother doing those. Feeling a bit better today, hopefully wont feel as bad..

Yes, I tried the medication but it didn't work at all.

I realised that I got slight vertigo the other day when I looked down into my hand bag. It was just after I left a store and took off my mask so I might have the same thing as Freesia. How annoying. Why would wearing a mask make you get vertigo? I don't understand.

I really don't want to get that back again as I had it for years on and off.

I think it could maybe mess a bit with the vestibular system as it blocks off peripheral vision ? not sure... for me it isnt so much spinning like my mother had, but dizziness and feeling like i am going to faint...

About 1500 in quarantine here now. Our area is now the worst place in Norway. And the Mayor in Sarpsborg is wondering to file a report the Muslim organization to the police now. I hope he will, as there has to be some reaction after this big outbreak. Special since they where told several times that they weren't allowed to use that building as a Mosque.

Several are infected, none are very ill or dead yet. And the infection is still only in the community.

I enquired about the vertigo and dizziness and I am exempt from wearing a mask. I will get a message to put on my phone and I will tell my GP surgery about it as well.

Yes, definitely talk to your doctor. that is kind of like what happened to me, was fine at first but then crept up on me...

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Emma JC
Yes, definitely talk to your doctor. that is kind of like what happened to me, was fine at first but then crept up on me...

A doctor called me back yesterday as I called the non-emergency NHS phone number. She was saying that the last time I went to the Ear, Nose and Throat hospital was 2016 and if I wear a mask and it causes the vertigo to get worse they have such a backlog of appointments that it would be better that I don't try to wear one.

I have to call up Transport for London and ask them to send me a badge You see lots of people not wearing masks anyway, but I will get it just in case somebody asks me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Freesia
My husband got a letter recently saying they had to cancel his cancer check up at the hospital that was supposed to be this month.

It's better to be safe than sorry. Perhaps they will reschedule at a later date?

My GP also advised me to cancel all of my future hospital appointments due to a spike in covid cases.

Most of my appointments have been video chats. but the ones that where someone needed to see me have gone according to schedule. A couple of months ago, at the hospital/medical offices that I usually go to, the parking lot was pretty empty. but last month the lot was a lot more full. Before Cornovirus, the parking lot was always totally full. They are definitely seeing more patients now for more things than they were in the spring.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Well we are still in level 2. Not sure when level 1 will arrive. Could be a few weeks away. I havent been out a lot so for me i am doing little different to the level 3 lockdown, except i did go to the bookstore a couple of times.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52
The Muslim society is now reported to the police for breaking rules about infection controll. They talked about how much rules they had broken with bulding this house too, so I guess they will at least get investigated on that too. And I hope it will cost them. A LOT now. This is just not okey.

• Sad
Reactions: Val and KLS52
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Val