Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I'm finding that too. People seem to want to avoid the shops now... But they are out in force on the walking track..and all walking down the streets with dogs...

• Sad
Reactions: Irene Adler
My advice, move back sooner rather than later... Our govenment made a very quick decision to order the lock down and it could happen at any time in America. Also if there is tension with a relative, being caught short could mean lockdown with your relative who is not pleasant company.... and I think better to avoid it if you can... My advice anyway...

I agree: almost all our districts on LD now.

Maybe I need to give you guys some background info.
I'm in California and we are already in "lockdown". But we call it to shelter in place. Well the police aren't arresting people who go outside - are they doing that anywhere? They just want you to maintain "Social Distancing" and nonessential businesses are closed.

My sister has a big house and a very nice finished basement. ( i even have a TV, desk, and stereo) and I can pretty much stay out of her way - but I sense some tension. I have been here since before the shelter in place because I was very sick (mid-January). I would be home by now - but for the SiP order.

If I go home I go home to an apartment building with something like 50 tenants. And if I go home I would have to go out for shopping and laundry and all kinds of other things that are taken care of me here.

My sister would never ask me to leave. She is just too nice. So it is up to me to balance the risk of COVID vs the risk of increasing tension.

But the shelter in place is going to go on till the end of this month and probably longer. So i doubt we can stand each other for that long. Right now I'm still on a G-Tube and a feeding pump. But I should be off of it in a week or two. So that might be a good line to cross before I leave my little safe sanctuary here.

How did you find that out? Is it specific to state? If it is, that means I won’t be getting out until the end of the year... 😫

Yes, I think it is state to state.
Shame on me, I tend to get lost in our Gov's Eastern shore drawl, and don't pay strict attention to exactly what he's saying. :lala:
He has a Virginia accent that is downright lyrical. It's probably the one thing I really like about him.

I'm in California and we are already in "lockdown". But we call it to shelter in place. Well the police aren't arresting people who go outside - are they doing that anywhere? They just want you to maintain "Social Distancing" and nonessential businesses are closed.

My sister has a big house and a very nice finished basement. ( i even have a TV, desk, and stereo) and I can pretty much stay out of her way - but I sense some tension. I have been here since before the shelter in place because I was very sick (mid-January). I would be home by now - but for the SiP order.

If I go home I go home to an apartment building with something like 50 tenants. And if I go home I would have to go out for shopping and laundry and all kinds of other things that are taken care of me here.

My sister would never ask me to leave. She is just too nice. So it is up to me to balance the risk of COVID vs the risk of increasing tension.

But the shelter in place is going to go on till the end of this month and probably longer. So i doubt we can stand each other for that long. Right now I'm still on a G-Tube and a feeding pump. But I should be off of it in a week or two. So that might be a good line to cross before I leave my little safe sanctuary here.
That's a tough call! Is it just your sister, or does it include family?
It kinda sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to maintain distance. Can you do things to help her out? I hate to think of you all by yourself with a comprised immunity! You have your dog there? What type of dog?

Our company, or government?, is giving those affected by covid19 up to 2 weeks full pay. Ohio (or federal?) also extended the family leave act to include those caring for children or other family members
People are already so stressed and sick of all this, i can't imagine going into June!
Again, the two co workers who've been on and off at work were absent. Another one, again, left early with 'anxiety'. I put quotes because she's the reason I set my computer screen to black so I can see people coming behind me, and why I moved our parts cart. She has this woe is me attitude and feels we're all gonna get it so why bother 🙄 :pbun:
I'm fine. It's kinda helping me stick with eating healthy! I do wish I get some of the things I like so much at Trader Joes easier. Just the cruciferous crunch salad blend and organic black kale

That's a tough call! Is it just your sister, or does it include family?
It kinda sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to maintain distance. Can you do things to help her out? I hate to think of you all by yourself with a comprised immunity! You have your dog there? What type of dog?

Just my sister and bro-in-law. Her kids are grown and gone. ( i am actually living in her son's old bedroom) The bro-in-law seems to be cooler about it than my sister, also he is still able to go to work. me and my sister - well we grew up together so we have some history. (I'm the little brother ) but I have always done my best not to impact them much. Also, I suppose this shelter in place is getting to everyone. I try my hardest to not only not impact her but also to help. But she has her "special ways" of doing things and I don't always know them.

No, it's her dog. but it loves me best. :) The standing joke is that it's my dog - he just lives with her.

There is no continuity among the states or even the counties here in Florida! Orange County which includes most of Orlando is under a very strict "stay home" policy. Here in Volusia where the impact is much less, we are just told to "social distance" and only go out for essentials. South Florida, such as Miami, is also under stricter rules as there are more cases there. It is quite confusing!
Sorry for your dilemma, Lou. :hug:

Oh I see.... Yes that would make things difficult. I didn't realise the US was on lockdown, I thought that most of it was at level 3, like we were a few weeks ago. I think put your health first, if you have medical equipment.. I can se how it would be hard to move even without th lockdown,,,

Reactions: Irene Adler and Lou
I think shelter in place generally earns lockdown. That is level 4 here.

Level 3 means non essential shops such as restaurants, clothing stores open, but social distancing still done. But trips outside should be reduced if possible.

That’s a tough situation Lou. I say stay put as long as you can. If she’s that nice and really won’t ask you to leave, you should stick it out. I imagine it’s hard for you but sounds like it’s in your best interest right now.

Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Oh I see.... Yes that would make things difficult. I didn't realise the US was on lockdown, I thought that most of it was at level 3, like we were a few weeks ago. I think put your health first, if you have medical equipment.. I can se how it would be hard to move even without th lockdown,,,

The US is not on Lockdown. California is on what we call Shelter In Place. Non-Essential businesses are closed. People who can are working from home. All gatherings of more than a few people are not allowed. And the rest of us are supposed to stay 6 feet apart. There were some instances at first of people not taking it serously. but as the number of people hospitalized continues to grow - and the government takes some additional steps - it seems to be working. According to some reports, cases reported, hospitalized people, IC use, and deaths are still increasing but at a decreasing rate.

Reactions: Freesia
The US is not on Lockdown. California is on what we call Shelter In Place. Non-Essential businesses are closed. People who can are working from home. All gatherings of more than a few people are not allowed. And the rest of us are supposed to stay 6 feet apart. There were some instances at first of people not taking it serously. but as the number of people hospitalized continues to grow - and the government takes some additional steps - it seems to be working. According to some reports, cases reported, hospitalized people, IC use, and deaths are still increasing but at a decreasing rate.

In New Zealand we call it lock down. Maybe it is different terms overseas but here level 4 is referred to as lockdown as people are not allowed to travel freely outside essential errands. I think some places overseas though have even more stringent measures the we have over here.

Reactions: KLS52
here level 4 is referred to as lockdown as people are not allowed to travel freely outside essential errands.

is this voluntary or enforced.
Here in California, it is voluntary. but like I said people did not take it seriously at first but now I think most everyone is complying. So are we like Level 3 or like Level 4?

is this voluntary or enforced.
Here in California, it is voluntary. but like I said people did not take it seriously at first but now I think most everyone is complying. So are we like Level 3 or like Level 4?

People ca be arrested if they are doing things like meeting in groups... Even in homes...people can only associate with others in the lockdown household, though they can have a brief conversation with someone outside if they are on a walk or at essential shops but must stand 6 feet apart.

It is involuntary in the sense that arrests can happen if these rules are not followed.

What you are described sounds sort of like the US has a different system for this, with elements of both level 3 and level 4 .

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52

The following article contains some interesting facts and explains why a lockown and testing is important if we want to beat the virus.

The COVID-19 pandemic is surging around the world and China is preparing itself for a second wave of infections. World Health Organisation
Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told G20 leaders this week, "The pandemic is accelerating at an exponential rate."

Bruce Aylward, senior advisor to the WHO Director-General, says governments must keep their populations under lockdown while chasing
down every suspect case for testing, and treating and isolating those who test positive.

Given that I don't believe this virus pandemic is real (it's a manufactured farce, including phony media coverage/hype, conflicting numbers etc), I have my suspicions about why a lockdown - and more precisely, a lock down involving most of the civilized world, is happening. This is, to my knowledge, a world first. Some said it is because they are using it to install/upgrade our 4G systems to 5G, which has many people concerned. That would involve multiple public utilities (like airports, stadiums, schools, other public buildings etc). I've seen some evidence of this through videos, but not anything I can personally confirm.

There is still no proof that cats and dogs can be infected with COVID-19.
I should take my cat to the vet for some blood tests. This info really calmed me down (safety protocols and so on).

I don't see the sense in staying away from animals. Viruses can be on anything. They can be on clothes, plastic cards to pay for things, shoes, purses, wallets.. Etc...

I think it can get to a point where the media just get scaremongering .... I don't want to see people become scared of their pets on top of everything else :(

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val
I think putting yourself into a position where you’re arrested for violating social distancing and self-isolation requirements is beyond stupid. First you’re placed in a police car with two cops who may have been exposed to the virus. And then you wind up at the police station where there are lots of other people around who also may have been exposed to it. What’s the point of arresting someone who could expose others or become exposed themselves and put them in situations where they could expose others or become exposed themselves? It defies logic.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val