Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Oh I wouldn’t have caught that about the picture and I know New Rochelle quite well and I’m about 8 miles from the containment area right now.

I don’t know Hal either and I have not read every post in this thread so just ignore me and carry on because a lot of stuff goes over my head anyway, lol. It’s probably better that way. 😁

Reactions: Val
Oh I wouldn’t have caught that about the picture and I know New Rochelle quite well and I’m about 8 miles from the containment area right now.

I don’t know Hal either and I have not read every post in this thread so just ignore me and carry on because a lot of stuff goes over my head anyway, lol. It’s probably better that way. 😁

Well then you can confirm for yourself then. I went to a few different Rochelle FB pages and it appears (from what I've read there) that the quarantine ended a few days ago. An apparent resident even posted that the media has been hyping it/exaggerating their claims with regards to the area and the restrictions.

I'd never heard of Hal either, but when someone posts a link to a website I've never heard of that contains a photo of a surprisingly plump crow who is supposedly wild, I check the website out.

OMG!! I just realized this conspiracy goes all the way back to 1845! That's when E. A. Poe wrote The Raven = corvid = Covid19. OMG!

• Haha
Reactions: Lou and Val
This first video isn't the one I got the pic from (although it contains it), however contains the raven/crow placement at several key psychological points in the film, which this shows:

The link to Hal's article is in this one:

OMG!! I just realized this conspiracy goes all the way back to 1845! That's when E. A. Poe wrote The Raven = corvid = Covid19. OMG!

Was that about a mass pandemic similar to the flu caused by a virus like "The Stand" was? hehe

This first video isn't the one I got the pic from (although it contains it), however contains the raven/crow placement at several key psychological points in the film, which this shows:

In ancient Rus' (so-called Kiev Rus'), every key psychological moment of numerous legends was marked by an appearance of a black raven/flock of black-black ravens: they could make circles over the head of a protagonist; they could bring something mysterious, from nowhere; they could suddenly talk like humans; they could come in a dream; and, of course, the most popular image was a raven sitting on a skull (preferably, at crossroads).
Coincidence? I don't think so...😁

In ancient Rus' (so-called Kiev Rus'), every key psychological moment of numerous legends was marked by an appearance of a black raven/flock of black-black ravens: they could make circles over the head of a protagonist; they could bring something mysterious, from nowhere; they could suddenly talk like humans; they could come in a dream; and, of course, the most popular image was a raven sitting on a skull (preferably, at crossroads).

:) No ravens in this one:

or this one:

It's all my fault! I only chose the username Raven as I always feed the crows in the park and before I joined up here I was listening to the soundtrack from the 1994 film called The Crow. I feel I have an affinity with them.:skull:

Val, I remember studying about medieval Russia at university. :)

It's all my fault! I only chose the username Raven as I always feed the crows in the park and before I joined up here I was listening to the soundtrack from the 1994 film called The Crow. I feel I have an affinity with them.:skull:

Val, I remember studying about medieval Russia at university. :)
I was thinking of you during this whole discussion lol.

Not a fan of King but I just Loved the Stand. I read the small book first. then i went back and read the big book. and when the TV miniseries came out I watched that too. Its funny cause normally I don't care for that genre.

Here is a short video about masks - I think this is vital and certainly way more important than North American governments are saying.

There are tons of videos out there on how to make homemade masks from paper towels and coffee filters, even vacuum bags, and whatever scarves or cloth you have available. Please watch it and let me know what you think.

I have a friend in England who two weeks ago was poopooing the whole idea that Covid 19 was a problem, he is now wearing a face mask and gloves and staying home other than for groceries....

Emma JC

Here we go. :pout: New quarantine measures have come to SPb and SPb area as well. 🤦‍♀️ From now on, we (those who live in "towns-satellites") won't be able to leave our counties.🥴 Of course, this measure was taken after the weekend, when over a million of Petersburgians went to the country. :tinfoilhat:
Elijah is holding a grudge on me (i'm not sure why,- though... mom is responsible for this), but when he brings mom back now (from the country),- i'll try to persuade him to take home David's new toy car (fire-fighters' car) that Unghshu gave to David as a gift. David got to love this car sincerely. I've just called Liza and asked what can we give them back (including some of David's food, toys and diapers), as we won't see each other very soon. I'll be missing David.🐥 But, the most important thing is to make safer conditions for him.
I'm so frustrated... that i need to take out my clean laundry, but i can't, as i'm sitting on bed and crying.🥺

Here is a short video about masks - I think this is vital and certainly way more important than North American governments are saying.

There are tons of videos out there on how to make homemade masks from paper towels and coffee filters, even vacuum bags, and whatever scarves or cloth you have available. Please watch it and let me know what you think.

I have a friend in England who two weeks ago was poopooing the whole idea that Covid 19 was a problem, he is now wearing a face mask and gloves and staying home other than for groceries....

Emma JC

This is straight from my Doctor. BTW, I am over 60 with a very weakened immune system - so in the high-risk group.

The mask may make you feel better - but that can work against you. The main benefit of a mask is that it makes you stop touching your face. but most people screw that up when they take off and put on the mask. And most people don't know how to correctly put on or take off a mask. And besides, there is already a shortage of masks. Best to leave them for people who really need them. like health care workers. and don't think they have masks. the shortage is acute.

#1 Sheltering in place.
#2 social distancing.
#3 is constantly washing hands. until you get inside and your hands washed don't touch your face. After handling things that come in from outside - wash your hands.
#4 disinfect around your house daily.

This is straight from my Doctor. BTW, I am over 60 with a very weakened immune system - so in the high-risk group.

The mask may make you feel better - but that can work against you. The main benefit of a mask is that it makes you stop touching your face. but most people screw that up when they take off and put on the mask. And most people don't know how to correctly put on or take off a mask. And besides, there is already a shortage of masks. Best to leave them for people who really need them. like health care workers. and don't think they have masks. the shortage is acute.

#1 Sheltering in place.
#2 social distancing.
#3 is constantly washing hands. until you get inside and your hands washed don't touch your face. After handling things that come in from outside - wash your hands.

yup, understand - I am not going to take a chance and am making one - "you protect me and I protect you"

Emma JC

Reactions: Irene Adler

#1 Sheltering in place.
#2 social distancing.
This is the same advice that I have gotten from a physician friend.

Basically, masks, when fitted and used properly, help keep you from infecting others by catching your larger droplets, but don't protect you other than reducing the viral load you're going to get if someone coughs right into your face.

Because of our large number of animals, I always have a couple of boxes of disposable gloves on hand. I have been wearing those when I go out, primarily as a reminder to not touch my face, and because I can't do a proper hand wash when I am away from home. I leave the used ones outside for a week and then wash then (by hand) so that I can reuse them and not have to buy more in this time of shortages.

Rather pleased, withdrew some cash from the bank and hid it under my pillow last year, mainly if the power grid went out and money machines went out. Covid can be passed on via cash. Anyway the long-short of it I owed someone a bunch of cash and paid knowing it was covid free.

I noticed in the supermarket that when someone paid in cash the checkout operators changed their protective gloves after the transaction.