Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Here is a short video about masks - I think this is vital and certainly way more important than North American governments are saying.

There are tons of videos out there on how to make homemade masks from paper towels and coffee filters, even vacuum bags, and whatever scarves or cloth you have available. Please watch it and let me know what you think.

I have a friend in England who two weeks ago was poopooing the whole idea that Covid 19 was a problem, he is now wearing a face mask and gloves and staying home other than for groceries....

Emma JC

Spot on, especially the message of protecting others .

Reactions: Emma JC
Cash payments are not being accepted in many places in Auckland is supermarkets, chemists et

Covid-19 is especially attracted to cash, because it "knows" it may infect another person via this method. Unlike dogs, cats and other pets, which don't deal in cash and which covid-19 avoids since originally coming from non-human animals, cash is the way to go if you want to infect a human, especially the ones that may use such cash to avoid paying tax.

Covid-19 is just smart like that. lol.

Covid-19 is especially attracted to cash, because it "knows" it may infect another person via this method. Unlike dogs, cats and other pets, which don't deal in cash and which covid-19 avoids since originally coming from non-human animals, cash is the way to go if you want to infect a human, especially the ones that may use such cash to avoid paying tax.

Covid-19 is just smart like that. lol.

I can understand why workers would not want to sTand there handling it ... but I don't see the point in the long term as it is supposed to apply to paper money..

In NZ our cash is all plastic and metal... Can be wiped off... If the electricity goes out ppl cannot buy anything, not sure that is a good idea .

Cutting off manual hands on options for things are never a good idea in my opinion.

New jaw-dropping statistics was published at 11.30a.m. today. 500(!!!) new cases in the last 24hrs in the country. That said, 2337 in total. 121 - fully recovered. 8 new deaths in the last 24 hrs (including those 4 in Moscow that i mentioned above). Deaths in total - 17 (also, 2 deaths in SPb).
The most frightenening for me is SPb: 48 new cases in the last 24hrs. 3 - in SPb area.
They say, yesterday they brought away a man, who fell on the floor(!) inside Izhora-Uralmash Machinery plant ("Izhorskiy zavod"). It means, this man not only hadn't self-isolated,- but even having felt sick, he hadn't stayed at home, hadn't called for help,- he continued to go to work, until he fell down,- just like that.😡 Who knows how much people he managed to infect during those 2 weeks when he had been already contagious, but continued working??
P.S. Izhora-Uralmash plant is in my hometown.:hide:
P.S.N2. ...sorry for confusing tenses and grammar,- i forgot how to speak.:tinfoilhat:

Today afternoon, the Federation Council of Russia (a.k.a. Senate, that is higher than the government) gave the govenment a permission to set an emergency regime over the entire country (in all regions). Tbh, i was surprised to read (it appeared only at 5.16p.m.) that a strict regime of self-isolation had been set in SPb(!) yesterday. I've been outside (just came back), and people seem to be unaware of it. Everyone is freaking out, no doubt, but people are having a walk as usual, except, there are fewer of them outside. But i think, it's due to very cold weather. OTOH, we're living in the suburb, and, to be precise, on the edge of the town. So people over here are more relaxed. I suspect, in SPb center, it's not allowed to traipse freely around the place. Everything is changing almost every hour though.
Red Square (Moscow) is a popular attraction, but this is how it looked this morning and will look for a long time (picture from today's NTV news):
IMG_20200331_193214.jpg

I think its too early to tell for sure but some news outlets, government sources, and hospitals in California are claiming that the shelter in place strategy seems to be working and we are "flattening the curve".
Still, everything seems to be increasing and the peak is projected to be in Mid April. So things are going to get worse before they get better.

I have to go out for a little while today* and I will take precautions. But my plan is not to go out for the next week or two except for dog walks.

*I have to go back home and retrieve mail and pay rent.

I think its too early to tell for sure but some news outlets, government sources, and hospitals in California are claiming that the shelter in place strategy seems to be working and we are "flattening the curve".
Still, everything seems to be increasing and the peak is projected to be in Mid April. So things are going to get worse before they get better.

I have to go out for a little while today* and I will take precautions. But my plan is not to go out for the next week or two except for dog walks.

*I have to go back home and retrieve mail and pay rent.
Can you pay the rent online? From home?

Can you pay the rent online? From home?

i could just mail it in but I have to go check the mail anyway. I put in a change of address order before i left and it seemed to work and I was getting most mail delivered to my sister's house. Maybe 75%, but some mail was filling up my mailbox. mostly junk mail. the next two weeks were a little worse and the next two weeks was even worse. Now I don't think any mail is being forwarded.
I can also take some stuff back that I'm not using here. Just making the move back a little easier. I think I'll move back in a week or two. I could or should stay longer but I think my sister is getting tired of me.
If it wasn't for the coronavirus I would have moved back already.

My advice, move back sooner rather than later... Our govenment made a very quick decision to order the lock down and it could happen at any time in America. Also if there is tension with a relative, being caught short could mean lockdown with your relative who is not pleasant company.... and I think better to avoid it if you can... My advice anyway...

My advice, move back sooner rather than later... Our govenment made a very quick decision to order the lock down and it could happen at any time in America. Also if there is tension with a relative, being caught short could mean lockdown with your relative who is not pleasant company.... and I think better to avoid it if you can... My advice anyway...
I agree: almost all our districts on LD now. It happened very quickly(!), and it was unpredictable and predictable at the same time. Unpredictable, because Petersburgians are considered more "civilized" and conscious than Moscovits, and Putin had just "asked" everyone to stay home. Predictable it was, because Petersburgians did the opposite: they moved to the countryside (over a million of citizens went to the country and back within the weekend). Plus, despite the "cultural spirit", there crawled out some frights, who deliberately were mimicking Moscovits' awful behaviour: they (some dudes from SPb) organized a "bacchanalia" right on Neva river embankment, close to the Hermitage museum. It was "the last drop" for our authorities. They are making efforts to avoid repeating Moscow's sad scenario (with 1613 infected in Moscow city only), so they decided to set strict quarantine measures before it gets that bad. Some districts and counties are on more strict LD, some - are relatively free yet, like my hometown (but it's only for now). We never know, what kind of quarantine measures will be established tomorrow. For instance, Liza, Elijah and David can't come to our town (road police and militaries are standing on the borders of the districts and not letting anyone in/out).😒

Geez...🥴 Doctors in Moscow HAVE(!) to explain to people why they should avoid sex with their partner who is suspected to have covid.🙄 People obviously don't understand that it's transmitted with ALL biological liquids, through all holes in the body (not only "those holes"),- so they had to tell them that covid penetrates through a condom. That is true, of course (it's super small), ...but people have to be very dumb, if the main argument for them of not having sex with an infected partner is a "leaky condom".🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: Irene Adler
I agree: almost all our districts on LD now. It happened very quickly(!), and it was unpredictable and predictable at the same time. Unpredictable, because Petersburgians are considered more "civilized" and conscious than Moscovits, and Putin had just "asked" everyone to stay home. Predictable it was, because Petersburgians did the opposite: they moved to the countryside (over a million of citizens went to the country and back within the weekend). Plus, despite the "cultural spirit", there crawled out some frights, who deliberately were mimicking Moscovits' awful behaviour: they (some dudes from SPb) organized a "bacchanalia" right on Neva river embankment, close to the Hermitage museum. It was "the last drop" for our authorities. They are making efforts to avoid repeating Moscow's sad scenario (with 1613 infected in Moscow city only), so they decided to set strict quarantine measures before it gets that bad. Some districts and counties are on more strict LD, some - are relatively free yet, like my hometown (but it's only for now). We never know, what kind of quarantine measures will be established tomorrow. For instance, Liza, Elijah and David can't come to our town (road police and militaries are standing on the borders of the districts and not letting anyone in/out).😒

Here we were given 1.5 days notice, and people were scrambling around madly to get themselves organised.

I think it turned out to be a blessing that some many people did silly, excessive stockpiling, as it meant that when the lockdown was actually ordered, at least people did have supplies enough...

Here we were given 1.5 days notice, and people were scrambling around madly to get themselves organised.

I think it turned out to be a blessing that some many people did silly, excessive stockpiling, as it meant that when the lockdown was actually ordered, at least people did have supplies enough...
That is very cool, how organized it all looked in NZ: i was listening to "97.4FM" all the time then (and i listen to it every day), and i thought: "Wow, they are explaining everything, they are saying not to panic, reminding people what to do, whom to call, where to get info, etc...". So, i remember them reminding every half an hour on the radio, when the LD was going to get started.
We weren't given any notice, but it had been clear beforehand, that it was approaching,- so people had been stockpiling gradually. (Of course, "the smarter ones" (like my sister and BIL) were stocking up at the very last minute (they barely managed to buy something).🙄
We still can go to a grocery store, but suddenly, not many people want to go out. If i undertood the rules correctly, we're allowed to go to a nearest grocer and to a nearest pharmacy shop,- though in our community and district, it's hard to tell which ones are the nearest.