Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

@Amy SF I have lost track... In which you are referring to?
@Freesia Yes, you shouldn't be too scared of touching your own pets, but also you shouldn't maybe let them wander away from your back yard (I mean cats), because they could carry the virus on their fur. Highly unlikely to get the virus that way, but it's still a possibility.
And you shouldn't pet other peoples dogs when you are out and about because of social distancing.
Pets can be very important for our mental health right now.

I don't see the sense in staying away from animals. Viruses can be on anything. They can be on clothes, plastic cards to pay for things, shoes, purses, wallets.. Etc...

I think it can get to a point where the media just get scaremongering .... I don't want to see people become scared of their pets on top of everything else :(
The only issue I see with pets is, if the virus can live on clothing, what’s to say it can’t live on fur? Of course, we would have to be infected ourselves and then pass it onto our pets...well the ones that are indoors only. For instance, if I’m one of the people carrying the virus with no symptoms, I hug and kiss my cats, transfers the virus to him/her, then another family member comes along and hugs/kisses them and contracts the virus. So I am curious if pet fur can be a means of transmission in that way. If it were, I would think we would be hearing about it.

Of course, just living in a house with other people is a risk at this point. We don’t know who is infected and unless we were all to stay put and totally isolate ourselves, not go outside/receive deliveries for at least 14, we wouldn’t know if we were truly free of the virus. At least this is how my brain is processing the information we have.

It's too early to get optimistic (about anything, as the statistics in our country is still crappy). But(!) compared to what it was yesterday,- it has got a little better. They have posted the new data at 10.55 a.m.:
New cases in 24hrs - 440; Cases of contamination in total - 2777; 190 - fully recovered; 24 deaths in total (7 new deaths within the last 24hrs); 27 new cases in SPb; 6 new cases in SPb area; no new deaths in SPb or SPb area.
There were 500 new cases yesterday, so today this number has decreased by 60. Death toll decreased only by 1. The number of infected people in SPb has decreased by 21. The number of infected ones in SPb area has decreased by 5.
Yesterday's data was really depressing. As we say, "samoizolyatsiya" (self-isolation) has just begun, so the number may get worse again. Moreover, i ditched the idea to count new cases in Moscow, because 1) it's not my city and, though it's selfish,- i'm worried about SPb and Lenoblast' much more, and 2) the epidemiological situation in Moscow is getting worse so quickly that i've stopped memorizing Moscow's numbers. I really hope that new strict measures of self-isolation work (especially for the idiots who "can't live" without bbq on fresh air).
P.S. I've opened NTV news app (the most scary button on my phone's desktop), and read, that in the last 2 weeks, about 160000 russian tourists (who had been travelling via travel agencies) were brought home. I also hope that no one of them comes up with the "fresh idea" to flee.
P.S. n2: A woman who had come to Chechnya republic by a 3rd class carriage, died (she had come from Moscow). As soon as a 3rd class train carriage is a Petri dish for any diseases, - the number of cases can drastically increase in Chechnya ("Chechenskaya respublica").😒

Reactions: shyvas

I may be misunderstanding some of the mesures but why are 9 people allowed to gather ? That is how the virus spreads.
Moreover, it's not logical not to have a lockdown in the entire country.

• Agree
Reactions: Irene Adler and Val
@Amy SF I have lost track... In which you are referring to?
@Freesia Yes, you shouldn't be too scared of touching your own pets, but also you shouldn't maybe let them wander away from your back yard (I mean cats), because they could carry the virus on their fur. Highly unlikely to get the virus that way, but it's still a possibility.
And you shouldn't pet other peoples dogs when you are out and about because of social distancing.
Pets can be very important for our mental health right now.

While that is true, you could also catch the virus while on a walk or at the shops... I think it is far more likely as humans have far more contact with other humans, pets usually keep to their own personal humans, which makes them automatically safer.. So don't worry... Media just need click revenue. They will write anything to get it, sadly.

The only issue I see with pets is, if the virus can live on clothing, what’s to say it can’t live on fur? Of course, we would have to be infected ourselves and then pass it onto our pets...well the ones that are indoors only. For instance, if I’m one of the people carrying the virus with no symptoms, I hug and kiss my cats, transfers the virus to him/her, then another family member comes along and hugs/kisses them and contracts the virus. So I am curious if pet fur can be a means of transmission in that way. If it were, I would think we would be hearing about it.

Of course, just living in a house with other people is a risk at this point. We don’t know who is infected and unless we were all to stay put and totally isolate ourselves, not go outside/receive deliveries for at least 14, we wouldn’t know if we were truly free of the virus. At least this is how my brain is processing the information we have.

Viruses and bacteria live everything and our bodies are full of them... It is impossible to avoid them... I hate to see this kind of story as if could lead to people abandoning their pets. Clothing and shoes, and human hair even are far more of a danger than pet fur.

While that is true, you could also catch the virus while on a walk or at the shops... I think it is far more likely as humans have far more contact with other humans, pets usually keep to their own personal humans, which makes them automatically safer.. So don't worry... Media just need click revenue. They will write anything to get it, sadly.
Our official site "stopcoronavirus.rf" has uploaded some FAQs. Believe me or not: it's written that there are no cases (a.k.a. no evidence) of contaminated animals at all! WTF??? I mean, it would be great to calm people down, and to spread the correct info,- that the risk of getting covid from an animal is really minimal. But why to distort the reality? Animals can be infected by humans, and they are vulnarable too. I don't get the point of this distortion of the facts. But, maybe it would work with Russians, who are extremely superstitious and would believe any fables that are coming from social media (like, that garlic or ginger help against covid). So, as you can see, instead of explaining people how to behave themselves and how to avoid cross-contamination (and how to protect their pets), they are assuring the "crowd" that they can be careless about the threat of getting it from an animal. What if two pets (dogs), having seen each other on the street, suddenly decide to "make love", and covid "crawls" from one dog's fur to another dog's fur, and then a human touches his dog and oops...😳 So i just think that the admins of "stopcoronavirus.rf" have to double-check the info that is being uploaded there.

I have mentioned this before and thought it worth mentioning again. Any of you that care about the actual medical information associated with the virus can watch MedCram on YouTube. He is a doctor that gives you all the whys and wherefores, very detailed! and the last few nights he has addressed some possible ways to help boost your immune system and Hydrotherapy is one of the suggestions and he explains exactly why and he has 47 videos on the virus, basically one a day.

Emma JC

This is the hydrotherapy video that is attached in the details of the above video, there are many other great links.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Chryssie
Ahahahahahahaha.......media caught lying!!! Citizens see for themselves what's really going on in hospitals/CV centers, footage from Italy doubles as footage from NY....and more!

After hearing reports of long lines at gun stores, My Governor decided that Gun Stores are not essential and ordered them closed.
I think the NRA is suing him.
I think i have a great Governor. Maybe he can run for President in 2024

Ahahahahahahaha.......media caught lying!!! Citizens see for themselves what's really going on in hospitals/CV centers, footage from Italy doubles as footage from NY....and more!

Wow I been questioning the media for a few days now . I have a family member in New york city now helping victims. I believe there is a virus but I don’t think its being reported correctly.

Outrageous stories occurs here in SPb. 3 hospitals (at once) appeared to have become a Petri dish for covid. If i understood it correctly, the doctors got sick, and then they contaminated ordinary patients who were staying in hospital with heart disease, surgeries, etc. That's why SPb has such a big growth of number of cases in the last 24hrs. But in SPb, it's still less than it was it was on Tuesday.
Another creepy story occured in Komi republic, in Syktyvkar city. The same happened there: contamination inside one hospital. 50(!) people at once were infected.
Also, the number of infected increased in SPb area. In "Murino" district, "New Nines" district, etc. I'm not even talking about Moscow, where 595 new cases have been detected in last 24hrs.
In total: 3548 registered contamination cases in the country (including 771 new cases within the last 24hrs:pout:); 235 - fully recovered; 30 - dead (including 6 deaths within the last 24hrs:hmm:); 147 confirmed cases in SPb (including 22 new cases); 31 confirmed cases in SPb area.
All the news are overloaded with info about the plane (An-124, "Ruslan" of Space Airforce) that Putin had sent to New York. (But i doubt that average citizens will get a lot of equipment and hygiene items out of this plane). Our government really thinks that after this gesture, Trump becomes more friendly towards Russia and does some "favour" from his side. I seriously doubt it either. Anyway, sending this plane was a necessity. We cannot leave other people in trouble just because they have such a president as *you know who*. Unfortunately, all these items won't last very long. I really hope that China sends something/somebody else to the US,- especially to the states which have been hit by the disease and economical difficulties to the worst extent. If people and nations hadn't been so divided and hostile towards each other, the situation would be "more under control" than it is possible now.:sigh:
When i see heartbreaking news about what's happening in the US, i start crying and can't operate normally for the rest of the day.😖🥺🤦‍♀️ My brain is trying to protect my mental health from the reality,- therefore it comes up with weirdest dreams.🥴

• Friendly
Reactions: Irene Adler
My husband has to get more groceries as I have hardly any fresh food left. I want some grapes. He has to go and get my prescriptions today too. I have come off one of my medications as I read taking it could lower my immunity.

I have been indoors for a whole week now, I think. The days of the week have all lost their meaning! :fp: