Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I keep seeing different numbers posted. but I just figured out a lot of discrepancies is if they are saying fully vaccinated. and if they include people under 16.

but this just in:
In San Mateo County, 86 percent of residents 16 and older have received at least the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.

I got Pfizer. So far, so good. It went fast and smooth. I get my second shot 10th September, so I can start plan my holliday now too. They had a local movie running there, that took 20 minutes, so you didn't even have to look at the clock to see when you could go.

It was cloudy and not warm, so Rime could easy wait in the car for half an houer without any problems. I had a note with some phone numbers they had to call if I had gotten really ill there. So we could have a Rime rescue. I have never been sick after a vaccine in my life, but I'm so worried about him all the time. :p

I thought it was three weeks for the second dose of Pfizer unless your Pfizer is different than what we have in the US?

I thought it was three weeks for the second dose of Pfizer unless your Pfizer is different than what we have in the US?

We are up to 12 weeks here. To get more first shot done, since it protects quite good after the first one. I think we have had 3, 6, 9 and 12 weeks between them so far.

Reactions: KLS52

Over here it's 4 to 6 weeks between jabs for Pfizer. As for AZ it's 12 weeks , and that the booster effect of the second dose is stronger when the gap between doses is longer.

Ok this is crazy.
the article I got this chart from is calling it Two Americas.

A worrying concern is that at the Delta Variant that is ravaging India, been found in the UK and the US is even more communicable and deadly. Vaccinated areas probably won't experience it. Unvacinated areas might very well see another surge.

Plus as the virus continues to spread thru the Population of Red America, more mutations will probably occur.

"“Somehow we have to break this idea that allegiance to conservatism and the Republican Party has to do with not getting vaccinated,”"

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 3.15.12 PM.png

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
It's a bit too late for many people but they it's no longer recommended to take a pain killer prior to getting a Covid vaccine:

I didn’t read the article but I was told not to take anything before. At that time there was controversy, take something / don’t take something. I figured it was better not to since the only purpose of doing so was to help alleviate side effects. I did end up taking one dose of Tylenol about 12 hours after the second shot. That was enough to keep me comfortable.

It's a bit too late for many people but they it's no longer recommended to take a pain killer prior to getting a Covid vaccine:

I didn’t read the article but I was told not to take anything before. At that time there was controversy, take something / don’t take something. I figured it was better not to since the only purpose of doing so was to help alleviate side effects. I did end up taking one dose of Tylenol about 12 hours after the second shot. That was enough to keep me comfortable.

Yea, even Budweiser is getting in on it. Kind of a disincentive from my perspective. :)

"Get the shot, and have some **** water on us"

So Budweiser is basically US version of Heiniken in that it is ****water?
Temporarily off-topic: I don't care much for beer, but did have a glass of Guinness Stout on my trip to Ireland some time ago.

Before I went, I was taking an informal class in Irish (Gaeilge), and the instructor recounted a time when he ordered Guinness at a pub in Ireland. The bartender went to pour him a Bud, and he replied (in Irish): "I don't drink that donkey **** in the States- and I'm not drinking it here!"

Anyhow: my Stout was okay- but I wouldn't care if I never tasted it again.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Temporarily off-topic: I don't care much for beer, but did have a glass of Guinness Stout on my trip to Ireland some time ago.

Before I went, I was taking an informal class in Irish (Gaeilge), and the instructor recounted a time when he ordered Guinness at a pub in Ireland. The bartender went to pour him a Bud, and he replied (in Irish): "I don't drink that donkey **** in the States- and I'm not drinking it here!"

Anyhow: my Stout was okay- but I wouldn't care if I never tasted it again.
I don't really care for beer either, but I did like Guinness! I don't remember what kind I had though. I also used some to simmer veggies in for seitan, that was wonderful
But yeah,Bud is one of the worst, and I drank a lot of cheap beer in my day!

Reactions: Tom L.
I survived - it was more painful this time, the needle that is - but it was a small pharmacy, in a small room with the lady standing up while giving it

my arm is sore this morning to the point where I am having trouble picking up my coffee cup (oh no) and other than that I am fine - my honey had a slight aura/halo around one eye for about 25 minutes about 2 hours after we arrived back home - he has never had a migraine so he didn't know what it was... thankfully it went away and did not turn into a headache and other than a sore arm, he is fine also

thanks for all your kind thoughts

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com