Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I survived - it was more painful this time, the needle that is - but it was a small pharmacy, in a small room with the lady standing up while giving it

my arm is sore this morning to the point where I am having trouble picking up my coffee cup (oh no) and other than that I am fine - my honey had a slight aura/halo around one eye for about 25 minutes about 2 hours after we arrived back home - he has never had a migraine so he didn't know what it was... thankfully it went away and did not turn into a headache and other than a sore arm, he is fine also

thanks for all your kind thoughts

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
So was that the extent of it? Nothing worse developed?

Stopped by Trader Joe's today to get some onions and potatoes.

I wore a mask. I started wearing a mask at supermarkets cause I felt conspicuous without one.
but then when I got to the checker I saw that most of the staff were not wearing a mask. when I asked the checker, she explained it was voluntary now. And she added, I'm so through with masks.

My county just hit 76% series completed.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Some not so good news :

Israel’s Health Ministry released data on Monday showing that the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine appears to largely prevent hospitalization and serious cases, but is significantly less effective against preventing the spread of the Delta variant of the coronavirus

Some not so good news :

Israel’s Health Ministry released data on Monday showing that the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID vaccine appears to largely prevent hospitalization and serious cases, but is significantly less effective against preventing the spread of the Delta variant of the coronavirus

This is why I'm still masking up in public places like the grocery store. More and more people are ditching the mask, though, so now it feels weird, but I don't care. I don't want to get it or spread it. I was in Dunkin Donuts getting a coffee the other day, and there was only one worker who wore a mask. None of the customers inside had one on.

This is why I'm still masking up in public places like the grocery store. More and more people are ditching the mask, though, so now it feels weird, but I don't care. I don't want to get it or spread it. I was in Dunkin Donuts getting a coffee the other day, and there was only one worker who wore a mask. None of the customers inside had one on.
I think it depends on where you are. In fact, I think Faucci just said that, too.
Like if you are in an area with low vaccinations you should mask.
the low vaccination areas are also going to the breeding grounds for the variants.

However I can't argue with remaining cautious.

Reactions: Emma JC
I think it depends on where you are. In fact, I think Faucci just said that, too.
Like if you are in an area with low vaccinations you should mask.
the low vaccination areas are also going to the breeding grounds for the variants.

However I can't argue with remaining cautious.
Yep, I just figure it can't really hurt. And I'm not bothered by wearing a mask. I haven't been wearing it when I visit my family because we are all fully vaccinated. And most of my friends are, too. I had a recent visit to a friend's house, and everyone had had their shots, so we hung out maskless. It felt good to have a sense of normalcy. I still plan to wear it in public places in the fall. It can help with avoiding the flu and colds.

Reactions: Lou
I still wear mine in public and will until more people are vaccinated. I noticed the last time I was shopping that most people were wearing masks, but after 5 (I'm a slow shopper), almost none of the people coming in were wearing one.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I felt absolutely naked last evening when I had to go to the dentist and actually take my mask off around other people. Thankfully absolutely everyone else was wearing a mask and so that was good. I had tried to hold off on going until Thursday as that is two weeks after my second shot but gave in and had to go.

We have a retirement home in my community with an outbreak and it is because only 85% of the staff have one shot and only 50% have two - the residents were 96% vaccinated. The vaccines have been available to health care workers for months so there is no excuse for this. Now one of the residents have died - very sad.

I will be wearing the mask everywhere for a long time.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52
vaccines have been available to health care workers for months so there is no excuse for this.

This kind of stuff drives me crazy.
The management should have hired a nurse and put her at the door and made sure that all the employees got a shot.
Not sure how it works in Canada, but in California its allowable for an employer to require a shot.
I haven't heard of anyone doing it around here. One of my working friends says that 95% of the people at his company are fully vaccinated.

However, locally only 57% of the pop over 75 are vaccinated. Probably cause of health concerns.
but just 73% of the 65-75 group.
Best group: 25 - 34 with 97%. Go Millennials!
Oh and everyone 12 and older is now 87%!

Last week Fauci reported that 99% of the people who died last weed of Covid were not vaccinated. Here in the US its now Easy to get a shot. I spoke to a couple who walked into a drug store and got a shot and some kind of coupon. There was no line or wait. and no charge. you did have to have a seat for 15 minutes for safety. They got their shopping done, too.

I can't help to think this is evolution in action. but when people in a retirement home die - that is just sad.

One of my friends sent me a quote. I didn't save it but it was something like this.
A real patriot will risk his life by not getting the vaccine so that Biden won't meet his vaccination goal.

Here's an interesting fact, Vanguard, the company that owns CNN, BBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, FOXNEWS, and MSNBC Is there single biggest share holder in Phizer, and BlackRock, the owner of Facebook, Google, Alphabet, Apple, and Youtube are the 3rd biggest share holder. Food for thought.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting fact, Vanguard, the company that owns CNN, BBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, FOXNEWS, and MSNBC Is there single biggest share holder in Phizer, and BlackRock, the owner of Facebook, Google, Alphabet, Apple, and Youtube are the 3rd biggest share holder. Food for thought.
The BBC is the national broadcaster of the UK, which means it is publicly owned.

NPR is a membership organisation, where the member stations are required to be non-commercial / non-commercial educational, and most member stations are owned by government entities. Each member station has 1 vote at the annual NPR board meetings.

Mark Zuckerberg is the controlling shareholder of Facebook Inc.

The controlling shareholders of Alphabet Inc, the parent company of Google and Youtube, are its founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin.

I could go on, but can I suggest you do your own research?

• Love
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I'm watching the situation unfold here in the UK with a sense of impending doom.

I suppose our former health secretary was considered "too soft" on removing coronavirus restrictions, so the Tory party got rid of him through a rather obvious smear campaign where they first leaked text messages from the PM about how incompetent he thought the health secretary was, and then leaked juicy CCTV footage of him kissing an aide, in violation of his own coronavirus restrictions. He was forced to resign.

He was replaced by Margaret Thatcher's "political son". You can imagine what he'll want to do to protect the population from coronavirus infection. Hint: nothing!

So now our government, in its infinite lack of wisdom, or even any common sense whatsoever, has decided to remove almost all remaining restrictions from 19. July. There will be no rule that you need to wear a mask indoors in shops and offices, and you can invite as many people you want over to your house, there will be no recommendation that people should work from home etc.

Meanwhile, the number of cases are already exploding. People think the vaccines will protect them 100% and they can just go back to normal. Which of course is not the case.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
Meanwhile, the number of cases are already exploding. People think the vaccines will protect them 100% and they can just go back to normal. Which of course is not the case.

How are you guys doing in the % vaccinated numbers.
The vaccine is pretty effective - not 100% but still very high - even with the Delta variant. even if you catch Coronoa - if you are vaccinated you probably won't die - or even be hospitalized.

but ... You have to be vaccinated. And the population has to have a high % of people vaccinated.

How are you guys doing in the % vaccinated numbers.
The vaccine is pretty effective - not 100% but still very high - even with the Delta variant. even if you catch Coronoa - if you are vaccinated you probably won't die - or even be hospitalized.

but ... You have to be vaccinated. And the population has to have a high % of people vaccinated.
The government stats say 86.4% have had at least one dose and 64.6% have had two doses. These are of course good numbers, and the number of hospital admissions and deaths are still relatively low, but the increase in these numbers is still alarming. For the number of new cases itself, both the sheer number and the increase are alarming.

A letter was published in The Lancet signed by 100 researchers from the UK and beyond, warning about the madness of reopening now:

Even if you don't end up in hospital or in a coffin, there is the risk of "long covid", and there is also the risk of the UK becoming a "variant factory" which will weaken the effect of the vaccines further. The NHS will probably again come under pressure, so non-covid treatments and surgery may be postponed.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
The BBC is the national broadcaster of the UK, which means it is publicly owned.

NPR is a membership organisation, where the member stations are required to be non-commercial / non-commercial educational, and most member stations are owned by government entities. Each member station has 1 vote at the annual NPR board meetings.

Mark Zuckerberg is the controlling shareholder of Facebook Inc.

The controlling shareholders of Alphabet Inc, the parent company of Google and Youtube, are its founders, Larry Page and Sergey Brin.

I could go on, but can I suggest you do your own research?
My mistake, they don't own these companies however they do own shares in them.

I really do not understand or agree with removing the mask mandate. It's such a low-effort precaution which makes a huge impact.

It's weird to have a government so reckless I think fondly back to the days of the still semi-competent ministers of Theresa May.