Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I don't really care for beer either, but I did like Guinness! I don't remember what kind I had though. I also used some to simmer veggies in for seitan, that was wonderful
But yeah,Bud is one of the worst, and I drank a lot of cheap beer in my day!
LOL, I've had my fair share of cheap beer. I loved the Guinness, too! It tasted way better in Ireland than it did in the States. :) I had lots of Black and Tans on that trip, too. :D

Reactions: Chryssie
My son got a $5 off at Walgreen each time he got his vaccine
I heard Chile has a variant strain of covid in 2 out of 3 cases.

When they first removed the mask mandant most everyone gave them up. Now they;re back wearing them in stores! When I saw so many people walking in the store wearing a mask I put one on too.
I think I'll keep wearing one in stores till further notice, seems too much is unknown

I stopped wearing a mask in stores last week but yesterday put one on without even thinking about it.
Some guy just went and counted people around downtown and not counting staff - its like 50/50

According to my County's top Covid guy, the people who are vaccinated are rarely even hospitalized when getting the variant. And no one has died from a variant. but early days. stay cautious.

So for now the vaccines are still doing their job.

----

everyone is giving away stuff for getting the vaccine. I didn't get Nuthin'.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I wear it/don’t wear it intermittently. Doctors’ offices are requiring it so that is non negotiable. If I’m running into a store for less than 10-15 minutes I don’t wear it. I think most of the stores here are not requiring it. I’m still not 100% comfortable without it but with the warmer weather/heat they are fogging up more. It’s been pretty humid here. They being my glasses. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Store workers are still wearing masks here.
Most of the store workers here are still wearing masks as well, but not all. When I went to Costco, the workers were not wearing masks, but most of the customers (including me) were. I think I will continue to wear a mask in stores and other public places.

Most of the store workers here are still wearing masks as well, but not all. When I went to Costco, the workers were not wearing masks, but most of the customers (including me) were. I think I will continue to wear a mask in stores and other public places.

Over here it's still mandatory to wear masks in all shops, inside public places, public transport etc.

Dr Nabarro (WHO) says that we should still be wearing them not only because of the new variants but also because Covid is still everywhere. He also went on to say that if people don't wear masks and do social distancing we will surely have another spike.

Thats is what I usually do. I put it before because I didn't want anyone to Freak out before they got to the word "kidding".
I sometimes think I have NO sense of humor, as I usually don't grasp that someone is joking if they say something deadpan (even in real-life, let alone on-line).

But as for getting re-vaccinated... I guess they haven't really figured out yet how long immunity from a Covid19 vaccine lasts. They have tested people's antibody levels after a few months (for both the vaccine and the infection, I think, but I'm not sure). I've heard of maybe one or two people who are known to have been infected but caught it again.

I was surprised when I went to 4 pm mass…there were only a handful of people with masks. I wore mine because my daughter does with the kids since the kids aren’t vaccinated yet.

I don't wear a mask at my job but I'm outside and not really near people except my co worker. She's vaccinated too.
It is too much for all that heat. I do wear masks indoors.
Thats the thing that wanted me to get vaccinated. I really disliked wearing a mask at work.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
For a time, we had to still wear masks at work regardkess of vaccination status. It's only recently been lifted for people who are vaccinated.
there's gotta be exceptions to that, like if you work outside. I was working with someone, now I'm on my own, so not even a reason to wear one.