Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I'm pleasantly surprised by my reaction to the second vaccine as I was very nervous after my first jab and how terrible I felt afterwards. It's Sunday morning now and I got it done Monday so I'm assuming that the mild symptoms I got were the worst of it. :)

Do we have to have the Covid jab every year now?

Hard to say raven it seems it will last about 6 month’s then maybe 🤔 a booster

• Informative
Reactions: Raven
I'm pleasantly surprised by my reaction to the second vaccine as I was very nervous after my first jab and how terrible I felt afterwards. It's Sunday morning now and I got it done Monday so I'm assuming that the mild symptoms I got were the worst of it. :)

There is currently a trial concerning booster jabs, as it is thought that immunity lasts longer than 6 months.*

Thousands of volunteers will receive a booster COVID-19 vaccine in a new world-first clinical trial which launched in Bradford today.

The Cov-Boost study, led by University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust and backed by £19.3 million of government funding through the Vaccines Taskforce, will trial seven vaccines and will be the first in the world to provide vital data on the impact of a third dose on patients’ immune responses.

It will give scientists from around the globe and the experts behind the UK’s COVID-19 vaccination programme a better idea of the impact of a booster dose of each vaccine in protecting individuals from the virus.

The good news is that there is reason to believe that immunity from COVID-19 vaccines will last at least longer than six months.

*How long does immunity last after COVID-19 vaccination?

This is good news and shows that the Covid jab does protect the population from getting severe Covid. In some countries it is now the younger population that are being hospitalised with severe Covid.

''Early indications are that vaccines are protecting the elderly against the variant of concern first found in India and most of the people hospitalised with COVID-19 after contracting it have not been vaccinated, Britain's health minister said on Monday.''

They have talked about a booster. not sure how often. plus they may need to update the vaccine for variants non a regular basis.
it might become sort of like the annual flu vaccine. maybe even they will combine them.
I saw a headline today but didn't read the article... it seems like an even better vaccine is just around the corner.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Update... travel bubble still miraculously open between Aust, NZ and the Cook Islands (Im sure some are having some nice tropical holidays in ridiculously clear blue waters with tropical fish...)

meanwhile things continue here. i continue to feel concern every day, am big into detoxing right now and have been drinking dandelion root tea, am set to brew another lot of detox tea tomorrow, also necking vitamin C and Beta Glucans often...

Update... travel bubble still miraculously open between Aust, NZ and the Cook Islands (Im sure some are having some nice tropical holidays in ridiculously clear blue waters with tropical fish...)

meanwhile things continue here. i continue to feel concern every day, am big into detoxing right now and have been drinking dandelion root tea, am set to brew another lot of detox tea tomorrow, also necking vitamin C and Beta Glucans often...
Please eat, too!!

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Freesia

Are you making the dandelion root tea? And when you say Beta Glucans you mean like whole grains? Like barley?
Would it be okay to use roots from your yard? I never considered that, I don't spray anything, though my neighbor does

It's nutritional yeast with lots of beta glucan--whole grains too, but I was reading about nooch

Last edited:
Are you making the dandelion root tea? And when you say Beta Glucans you mean like whole grains? Like barley?
Would it be okay to use roots from your yard? I never considered that, I don't spray anything, though my neighbor does

It's nutritional yeast with lots of beta glucan--whole grains too, but I was reading about nooch

Here is an article on it, hope it helps, i take it if i have an infection. TBH dont know much about it, i was recommended it by someone else... comes in a pill supplement .

So the good news is that a bunch of states have passed the 70% goal Biden set for July 4.
My county and state just recently hit the 70% benchmark. (When do I get my Bud?)

And I've seen (and maybe posted) this kind of news before. Blue states have higher vaccination rates than red states. Several "evolution in action" sentiments comes to mind but for now I'll keep them to myself.
However (darn it! I just can't control myself), it sure does look like a correlation between Republicans and IQ levels.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC