Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

• Agree
Reactions: shyvas
I find it strange they are doing that too.

Same here and that is the reason why my GP's associate called me. She said that they were no longer giving the AZ vaccine to under the 55's and that they should find an appointment at a vaccination hub. She went on to say that the vaccination roll out was a huge fiasco and that the government changes it's protocol every two days.
My friend who is 53 will be getting a mix and match and as she suffers with anxiety, I have not mentionned this to her. Moreover, her dad who also is an anxious person really told her off for getting the AZ in the first place.

Anyway, I had a Plan B & C just in case.

Do you know which one you'll be getting?

BTW, I called AstraZeneca yesterday and the agent wanted to have a list of the side effects that I had. She also asked me to call back after my 2nd jab as they want to list as many possible side effects that people get.

She was indeed a lovely Swedish lady who had a nice accent.
I don't know. It'll either be Pfizer or AstraZeneca - I don't know if we have a choice or if it makes much difference.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Did anyone do the
to track their after vaccine info?
I signed up right after my first jab, and now 3 weeks after my second, I'm still getting texts to log in and answer questions!

Fully Vaccinated people can ditch the mask except when on trains, planes, busses, subways, train and bus stations, airports, Medical offices, nursing homes, prison, jails.....

but.. Yea! Rock N'Roll!

The author claims not to know that much about veganism but then goes off and hits every controversial issue there is.

IMHO he seems more knowledgable that like 90% of the people I know.

the main thrust of the article is the vaccine and I think he does more than a credible job of expressing his opinion and making a good argument.

read the article here.

Some bad but expected news as WHO had already warned Europe about the risks of the very slow vaccine roll out :

Government scientists revealed in minutes released on Friday night that the variant could 'realistically' be 50 per cent more infectious than the Kent strain - which models project could lead to 1,000 deaths a day, as well as 10,000 daily hospitalisations, by the summer.

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC
Our politicans have now decided it's their turn for the vaccines, and holding off doses for themselves, jumping in the queue. Even though they claim it isn't to save the holliday, I don't think that many believe them. Luckly some of them have balls enough to continue to the situation we are in, not skipping the line. Still not all health care workers are vaccinated, and they want to use it on themselves, with a lot of them having home office, being able to follow all the infection rules etc. Try to tell a kid that they need to be comforted on 1-2 meters distance.

Mine is in a week's time and I'm taking some homeopathic remedies 5 days before. I hope that I don't get such awful side effects this time.
I don't want the reaction I got last time too.

I'm not drinking any alcohol the weekend before and for two weeks after the jab. I bought herbal tea and protein powder and I'm taking vitamins too. I am going to rest a lot afterwards.

A lot of people are saying their reaction second jab wasn't as bad, so hopefully...

I don't want the reaction I got last time too.

I'm not drinking any alcohol the weekend before and for two weeks after the jab. I bought herbal tea and protein powder and I'm taking vitamins too. I am going to rest a lot afterwards.

A lot of people are saying their reaction second jab wasn't as bad, so hopefully...

Same here and that's the reason why I'm taking the homeophatic remedies.

• Friendly
Reactions: David3 and Emma JC
I've had the 1st shot. It was the Moderna vaccine, and I had fairly mild side effects. The injection didn't hurt, it just got really, hot, like a fever. I, also, was really tired for a couple of days.

I've known people who felt awful after the 2nd injection, and others that didn't have any side effects. I can only hope that I am part of the latter group.

I had none my first Pzifer shot, the second may have been more psychosomatic than real--upset stomach and chilled
I made sure I drank more water than usual, ate healthier than I was--beets, kale, less processed. Exercised my arm after.
I did sign up for the vaccine tracker--I still get their notices to check if I'm good!