Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

today's the day I venture out to the stores again - there is still a very high daily rate in my area but it has been 10 days since my first Pfizer shot and more than three weeks since I have been to the grocery store so I really can't wait any longer - missing fresh veggies very much and altho' it has been a fun game to see how long we can go without shopping I really really want some banana, and greens and mushrooms and tomatoes etc

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

today's the day I venture out to the stores again - there is still a very high daily rate in my area but it has been 10 days since my first Pfizer shot and more than three weeks since I have been to the grocery store so I really can't wait any longer - missing fresh veggies very much and altho' it has been a fun game to see how long we can go without shopping I really really want some banana, and greens and mushrooms and tomatoes etc

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
Ugh. Wear your mask and sanitize and you’ll likely be just fine. 💗

Last edited:
Well, restrictions are increasing here, i just know it. Yesterday when i was out, i noticed the supermarket, and several shops in the mall, polishing off their sanitation tables, and getting out the paper registers again. Also i noticed many of them had printed shiny new QR codes for display. This stuff has been not used for months, my perception of all this is that we must be going back into level 2 soon, otherwise why do all this?

Doesn't seem like India is learning either. A big religious festival again now, that luckly was stopped. I usually haven't anything against religion, but sometimes I wished it evolved a bit more than it do...

That is an oxymoron, if their over the age of twelve then their not really children.

Wiki says :

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier".

The UK is also keen to vaccinate children as from September:

A new trial is to test how well the Oxford-AstraZeneca coronavirus vaccine works in children.
Some 300 volunteers will take part, with the first vaccinations in the trial taking place later in February.
Researchers will assess whether the jab produces a strong immune response in children aged between six and 17.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
Wiki says :

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier".

In New Zealand it is 17... not sure why different here.

Doesn't seem like India is learning either. A big religious festival again now, that luckly was stopped. I usually haven't anything against religion, but sometimes I wished it evolved a bit more than it do...
I just saw a cnn report on a hospital in India. It’s so overloaded they can't care for them all. It was horrific and so disturbing. Although now that I think about it, I didn’t pay attention to the date. It may be an old video. I will go check.

im still waiting to hear something, i know something is going down the news media are not mentioning any stories about covid, despite the fact we have had thousands of people fly in from Australia this week, and they are now in restrictions. Weird and eerily quiet in all fronts.

I just saw a cnn report on a hospital in India. It’s so overloaded they can't care for them all. It was horrific and so disturbing. Although now that I think about it, I didn’t pay attention to the date. It may be an old video. I will go check.

Yeah it's a disaster there. And still they threw off a festival the other day, with women carrying water to a temple. Cause it would free them for the virus...

The healthcare system there is more or less broken now. Lack of oxygen, people, places to treat the sick. And vaccines. Bodies just burned in the streets.

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
India has now about 21,5 millioner infected and over 234.000 registered deaths (and who knows of they are even able to count that correct...).

Nepal is now on the rise with infection, and that country has even a poorer health care system. And then it's just to wait for this to come to Bangladesh...

India has now about 21,5 millioner infected and over 234.000 registered deaths (and who knows of they are even able to count that correct...).

Nepal is now on the rise with infection, and that country has even a poorer health care system. And then it's just to wait for this to come to Bangladesh...

I'm not too sure about their numbers. It would seem that the whole of Asia is being hit hard and the WHO says that Europe and the US may have a 4 th wave.
Some people think that as they are vaccinated it's a done deal and that Covid is a thing of the past.:worried:

• Friendly
Reactions: Mikkel and Emma JC
I'm not too sure about their numbers. It would seem that the whole of Asia is being hit hard and the WHO says that Europe and the US may have a 4 th wave.
Some people think that as they are vaccinated it's a done deal and that Covid is a thing of the past.:worried:

I don't think we will ever get the correct number from some countries in Asia, Africa and South America. They are hit so hard, that I think we will only get an estimate. And when it hits for full in example Bangladesh that is such a poor country with big refugee camps, it will be just terrible. And with the rich countries, like Norway, sitting on the patents of the vaccines, not want to share, the vaccination in those countries will go way to slow. We need to open up the patents, so everyone that can produce vaccines are able to do it. And get the speed up way, way, way much higher that it's now.

The pandemic isn't over before all countries have beat it. Or we probably only get new mutations, imported infection from travellers etc.

The base camp at Mount Everest is hit with Covid now too. Because rich people are so stupid that they just need to climb a mountain during a pandemic...

Yes, nobody is safe until everyone is safe.

It's true. And it's sad that we can't seem to understand it. Some people can't be vaccinated because of health too, and we have too many Karens that "do their own research" that causes outbreaks in other illnesses now too. Having a outbreak of Measles in western countries shouldn't have been an issue at all, but we know it is.

Perhaps we will never get rith of Covid, but have to get vaccinated every year or something. And I hope that in the future, we get stricter rules about travelling without vaccines. It's not a human right to travel around the world to spread viruses...

A good new with the new mRNA vaccines, is that they are on a very good way for a vaccine for HIV. The first tests have been very good. So hopefully we will have a good vaccine against that virus soon. I'm planning to take it then because of my work, in case I get stabbed with a needle or spit on at work. That happens from time to time, but so far I've been lucky.

An other good news from Facebook today. Sarpsborg is hoping that everyone will get their first shot during June! Since we are a high effected area, we do get a slightly bigger numbers of vaccines, and I hope that will continue through the months. But I don't hold my breath on it...