Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

My husband got his Covid test back and it was negative so he can have his procedure done at the hospital tomorrow. He also got a text about his second Covid jab and he booked it for two weeks time. :)

M's fever has gone. She still has clogged sinuses and is coughing but not badly. The sinus problem triggered a migraine and last night she was sick. She has slept during the day today and she seems a bit brighter and more talkative now. We have heard no news of the test result yet. I still feel fine and am continuing to walk over that fell every day without undue loss of breath.

To many utilitarianist on this forum.
There is no such thing as Too Many Utilitarians.
And it shouldn't be surprising to find utilitarians on a vegan site. Some of the world's best know vegan philosophers are utilitarian.

However I'm not a utilitarian. I think of myself as a pseudo geographical existentialist. I believe there is an intelligence that exists throughout the universe. Except for certain portions of Texas.

Seems like good advise to me.

It took the top health official in Orange County, Calif., a few seconds to process a lawmaker’s question Tuesday during a Board of Supervisors meeting to discuss “vaccine passports.”
“In the vaccine, we heard about an injection of the tracking device,” Supervisor Don P. Wagner (R) said. “Is that being done anywhere in Orange County?”

Clayton Chau, the county’s health-care agency director, could not hold back his shocked laughter.
“I’m sorry. I just have to compose myself,” Chau said moments later. “There’s not a vaccine with a tracking device embedded in it that I know of exists in the world. Period.”
The clip quickly went viral, with critics piling on and accusing Wagner of spreading vaccine misinformation in a public meeting.

But the legislator fiercely defended his question, insisting that he brought up the question on behalf of constituents who “made wild charges” about the vaccines, including a false claim that there are “microchips” in the shots.

Reactions: Emma JC
If you plan to get vaccinated, read this first
That is on the CDC site and everywhere you go to schedule your vaccine, and given out when you get vaccinated.
Scanned it--it looks like every business model scenario plan, as in planning and preparedness

Why do you obsess with governments and scary conspiracy theories?
There's so much more

There is some conflicting information about mixing vaccines. Over here anyone who is under 55 yrs old and has received their first jab with AZ will automatically get Pfizer for the 2nd jab. I went onto the Pfizer site and they don't recommend to mix different vaccines! :worried:

Moreover, I wonder how the body's immune system will respond to two different types of vaccines for the virus?

Vaccine certificate is presented in Norway today. That will be here in the end of June probably. I'm a bit devided on that to be honest, since it will come before everyone is offered a vaccine.

One part is that it's good that things can open up again and the economic will go forward again. But I do fear for people's mental health. You will be excluded of so much of the society, as it will start to count three weeks after you first shot. Meaning a lot of us won't get our life back until the fall or winter...

11th of May will we get presented on how we are vaccinated the group from 18-44 years old. Everything is poiting towards they will tilt the list, and start on the bottom.

Västra Götaland is mostly in phase 3 although some areas have been able to start inviting under 60s in already.

Phase 3: People aged 60 to 64, and all adults aged 18-59 who either belong to a risk group for Covid-19 or would have particular difficulty following the public health advice (for example people with certain learning difficulties, or people living in socially vulnerable situations such as homeless people).

When Phase 4 starts, they will start with the oldest first. I'm 56 so hopefully it won't be long now.