Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

He has a point though... maybe there is no microchip coming for us, but you have to admit that technology and AI is taking over our lives in ways we never anticipated and is becoming quite intrusive. I remember a time when we would go out and nobody had a phone and you had 100% of someones attention... a time where there was no electronic recording of bodily functions and we might write stuff down in a paper diary. Maybe i am old fashioned though..
No more old fashioned than those who faced the arrival of electricity in homes, radio, telephone, television, automobiles, airplanes

No more old fashioned than those who faced the arrival of electricity in homes, radio, telephone, television, automobiles, airplanes

How far will we allow it to go though? At some point it will be technology using us instead of us using technology..

and of course anyone raising concerns about it will be told "You have a computer, dont you? Then you should be fine with all this too." It isnt the same thing.

Reactions: anarchist100
A highly interesting article explaining the risk factor of the AZ vaccine :

However, the MHRA and the EU's regulator - the European Medicines Agency (EMA) - have both stressed the overall benefits of
the AstraZeneca vaccine in preventing COVID-19 outweigh the risks of side effects for the vast majority of people.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I remember a time when we would go out and nobody had a phone and you had 100% of someones attention...
We thought we had 100% attention.

I can remember clearly pretending to listen to some conversation but my thoughts were far, far away and busy with something more interesting. The smartphone just makes it more obvious that people are not interested in what is talked about or what they're currently doing.

You bet I don't look at my iPhone when there is an interesting conversation going on (with the exception of being on-call; then I check regularly for missed calls when there is quite a bit of noise around).

Reactions: PTree15
We have to be very carful when it come to trusting scientist, it could lead to a sort of elitist technocratic class system, where there are the scientist and doctors who are educated and know what's best for us all, and then the common folk, the poor uneducated fools who just have to trust the ruling class of elite technocrats, "we are to simple to make our own decisions, that's just how it is, nothing we can do about it, nothing at all, the scientist are just smarter than us, so lets just trust that they know what's best because they are smart and we are the common folk". SAD!!!!

We have to be very carful when it come to trusting scientist, it could lead to a sort of elitist technocratic class system, where there are the scientist and doctors who are educated and know what's best for us all, and then the common folk, the poor uneducated fools who just have to trust the ruling class of elite technocrats, "we are to simple to make our own decisions, that's just how it is, nothing we can do about it, nothing at all, the scientist are just smarter than us, so lets just trust that they know what's best because they are smart and we are the common folk". SAD!!!!

This. Our grandparents generation were badass, they could do and make so many things, i admire their level of skill and the simple way that they lived. There are many benefits to technology, but I think there is a point where we become too dependent on it... useless and reliant on it to do everything...

then if something goes wrong with the electrical grid we are left with nothing because we never learned to do things manually, and decommissioned our more manual systems, such as copper wire telephones.

Reactions: anarchist100
We had an interesting covid case the other day, a border work, I think a cleaner of arriving aircraft who had their shots for covid. Tested posted for covid, the only way it was picked up was statutory testing because of their job, they had no covid symptoms.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
my step-daughter sent us an email yesterday pleading with us not to get the vaccine on Monday... it did make us dig a bit deeper to make sure that we are sure and this is one of the videos that popped up - from December, and I found it very interesting - you may recognize Garth Davis and I also learned something very interesting about buying organic produce.... it is so much worse for animals than regular produce - basically it addresses whether taking the vaccine is vegan or not and they do a good job covering all aspects of the question

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

travelling abroad is the least of my concerns as I am actually scared, for the first time, to go to the grocery store - we have had a massive surge in cases in our area and many of the team members at the grocery stores, including mine, have been infected - I haven't been to the store since a week ago Wednesday, we get our vaccine tomorrow, and I am hoping that I can hold off for at least a few more days after that.... we have lots of food, just the fresh items are almost done

Emma JC

I am back from my second shot. I was in and out of there in 20 minutes! What a difference from a month ago! There was no line of cars, no line of people, and the people administering the vaccine had to wait for me to fill out the form! The demand is so low now that that site at the fairgrounds is closing and other sites are as well. There are even walk up sites with no appointments needed now.

Some more good news coming from Pfizer :

It would be a pill, exquisitely calibrated to target SARS-CoV-2, with tolerable side effects and a low price tag. And it would work just as well as those antibody
treatments that require an hourlong intravenous infusion, but it would come in a handy packet patients could take home.

back from my first shot and all went well (5 hours) and I am just starting to feel some soreness in my arm - slight bruising - my honey is fine, no bruising yet - short line up, very organized

Emma JC

Which vaccine did you get?

Nearly all of my friends (+60's) have either had their first jab or have an appointment. I found an appointment for my friend who lives
downstairs as she had no idea of how to find one. She didn't want the AZ jab so is getting Pfizer.

M has had symptoms that may be covid. I have reasons to suspect it might not be and her father who is a doctor thinks it most likely to be a cold but we have separated until we have the tests. I have been feeling well, in fact better than usual as I have been walking over the fell a lot. M's father told her not to worry about my lungs with regard the heavy smoking I used to do as I have been a non-smoker for nearly eight years now.

Which vaccine did you get?

Nearly all of my friends (+60's) have either had their first jab or have an appointment. I found an appointment for my friend who lives
downstairs as she had no idea of how to find one. She didn't want the AZ jab so is getting Pfizer.

Pfizer - the good news is that Pfizer is approximately 52.4 per cent effective after the first dose and becomes 92 per cent effective 14-21 days later, according to the Government of Canada. One week after the second dose, the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine will be 95 per cent effective in preventing COVID-19.

This is a quote from the following article:

Still feeling well today, arm still sore.

Emma JC

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas