Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

I do like it too. But it just shows how sad things are now. That this is the only contact they can get...

We have had one death in my town today. So it was the 11th so far. All with high age and/or illnesses.

We also have had one more death connected to the conspiracy guy I wrote about that died. A woman who also denied seeking medical help. Covid does not exist you know...

• Sad
  • Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
There is not much information/news concerning Covid in South America with the exception of Bresil:

Chile said Thursday it would close its borders for the month of April to try and deal with a rise in coronavirus cases as it seeks to speed up its vaccination campaign.
The measure, starting next Monday, was announced by the government as Chile recorded its highest daily infection rate of 7,830 since the pandemic began.

Hopefully the following trial will be successful as we have a vaccine shortage in many countries.

A study assessing the benefits of mixing and matching coronavirus vaccines has been extended to include the Moderna and Novavax jabs.
The Com-Cov study, led by the University of Oxford, has been investigating the immune responses of volunteers given a dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine followed by the Pfizer jab - and vice versa.

Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Johnson & Johnson arrived here yesterday, but still not decided if it shall be used. I wonder why they can't let people sign up for both AZ & J&J. It's many that want to take it, and think that the risk is so low it's worth it. If it don't get in use, our vaccine shedule will be delayed 8-12 weeks. It means I'm "promised" a vaccine in October, and we all understand that it's won't happen.

We are opening up Norway from Friday now. I find it a bit strange, we have a lot of new cases every day, people won't cooperate with the infection tracing team, not everyone knows where they got Covid. But hey, people can get out and drink alcohole from Friday a lot of places, and that is the most important thing to get back...

We are soon to share borders with Australia. I think that the government is doing this out of economic desperation as this has all hit nz very hard in terms of job losses from lack of tourism. But many people are concerned about this, Australia is a big place with lots more comings and goings... i think 25 million people, vsNZ only 5 million, so i am a little worried about this border share, though in theory i welcome the tourists... just not sure how it will all go...

Norway gets more Pfizer vaccines this spring. I think we are promised about 1.000.000 more shots now. So it helps a bit, but since that will be only 500.000 people getting their shots, it's still a big lack of vaccines. Some politicans want to send out all our AZ to other countries, and I think that would be a great thing. Some places I guess you can't choose to take it out, as the infection is just way to high. You will save so many more lives than the vaccine costs.

Just think of if we had put this low tolerance for deaths to other things in life!

Reactions: Emma JC
For some reason I’m most comfortable with Pfizer. I have nothing to base this feeling on. I’m glad all three of my kids got that one. I got Moderna. I haven’t heard anything bad about it but I didn’t realize it was a newer company. Pfizer has been around awhile I believe.
There is a tiny voice way in the back of my head that is a little concerned about all of the vaccines and what will be discovered in years to come. But I don’t let it take over. I think the vaccines will be improved going forward and if we need boosters they will be safer and safer.

The mRNA technology gives hope for other things too. They are working on a HIV vaccine based on that. In Norway, it is not dangerous to get HIV, but of course you don't want it (bug chasers are a different topic). But a lot of countries will benefit a lot on such a vaccine.

If it comes out a good vaccine for it, I will take it. I'm not very afraid of getting it, but I'm in contact witch so many people at work, it wouldn't hurt...

Reactions: KLS52
New promises from Pfizer, and we are up to 2.000.000 new doses during the summer. We don't know the dates yet, they say from Mai to August. I have to say I do not hold my breath on this, at is have been too much back and forth on the numbers and delivery.

We have a quarantine hotel in the city. And one of the newspapers claims that all that test positive there, will be counted in as tested positive in Sarpsborg. If that's true, our numbers can be quite much lower than it appears on the statistics, and the infection in the society more or less none and we will still be in a lockdown because of that...

our province has once again gone into almost a complete lockdown - to the point now that police have the right to stop you and ask where you are going and why - cases are climbing rapidly and ICUs are full - we have appointments booked for the 26th for either the P or the M but the second shot won't be until sometime in August

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC