Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

The woman who cuts my hair was saying that there was a glitch with the NHS texts and quite a lot of people who weren't eligible to get the jab early got a text saying they could get it. She said she knew an eighteen year old with no health problems that got it early. I hadn't heard about that.

My brother has his second jab this week and my husband has his second one tomorrow.

The woman who cuts my hair was saying that there was a glitch with the NHS texts and quite a lot of people who weren't eligible to get the jab early got a text saying they could get it. She said she knew an eighteen year old with no health problems that got it early. I hadn't heard about that.

My brother has his second jab this week and my husband has his second one tomorrow.

It mustn't be an easy task when you have such a large population that has to be vaccinated. Over here, they have said that anybody and regardless of their age group can get a jab as from mid-June.

That is good. Did you have your second jab yet?

Not yet. I was meant to get my 2nd jab on 2nd of June. However, the GP left a message on my pal's voice mail yesterday( there was a mix up) saying that I need to get in touch with her surgery.
I'm under the impression that they have stopped the AZ at her place..........so we'll see on Monday.

They are apparently mixing vaccines over here and the under 55's who received a 1 st dose of AZ will be getting their 2 nd dose with Pfizer.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
Wiki says :

The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child defines child as "a human being below the age of 18 years unless under the law applicable to the child, majority is attained earlier".
I assume that "under the law applicable to the child" refers to the individual nation's laws with regards coming of age, otherwise the UK is guilty of practicing child labour, employing full time workers at only 16. Of course, the differing ages in different countries proves that there is no consensus here, and therefore no objectivity - probably just an emotional thing inflicted on those who nature has brought through puberty and into young adulthood by overly sentimental older adults who want their offspring to be children forever and do not care a jot how their offspring feel about it.

Reactions: anarchist100
I think 16 -17 is a good age to declare some sort of beginning of adulthood, any time before that it depends who is wanting to question it.. if it is an older person then that can definitely become a predatory power violation thing. Plenty of men in their 20s are always harassing teen girls for example. We arent living in 1800 anymore and teens dont get married anymore like then.

• Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
I was sad to see a prominent vegan questioning getting a vaccination today.

Sad
Why is that sad? The vaccine was tested on animals, vegans should not support that, also I noticed how you said they where questioning it, you should question it on account of the fact that you should question EVERYTHING!

Why is that sad? The vaccine was tested on animals, vegans should not support that, also I noticed how you said they where questioning it, you should question it on account of the fact that you should question EVERYTHING!
The vaccine can prevent people from using far more of other drugs--all of which are tested on animals. The vaccine can also prevent people from needing to be intubated which also involves training on animals.
The vaccine can prevent the continued spread and mutation of the covid virus which is impacting not only humans, but animals as well.

I have questioned it, which is exactly why I'm fully vaccinated.

When are going off to live in the wilderness?

Nepal is going in for a fight now. And them Bangladesh. Pictures from Bangladesh shows that ID will probably make a big rise in the infection there, since people just have to go home for it... I think this wave now will be the worst for several countries...

We get vaccine news this week. About AZ, how to vaccinate the last people and now they are even talking about putting immigrants first in the queue...

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
it is two weeks today from my first shot (second not likely until August) - I have been fine but I have a substantial bruise that is only just starting to fade - my honey didn't bruise even a tiny bit and we had the same person that gave us the shot

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

AstraZeneca and Johnson & Johnson will not be included in Norway's vaccine program. It may be offered to a selected few, when it's needed (example someone that need to travel to a high infected area to visit dying family members).

They are also recomending vaccinate the young ones now. It is kind of a reward for not give a f*** about infection rules. It's so many work group that can't work from home, that still are unvaccinated. Private healthcare, still a lot of people in the health care, police, fire department, those who work on public transportation etc. Security guards that are hired for make others keep the infection rules are not vaccinated example...

But they talked about alter the age groups a bit. After they are finished with down to 45 years old, take 18-25 years old, and then 40-44 years old, then 25-30 years old etc.

They are mixing and matching vaccines over here (some conflicting information) and I'm not too happy about this. I think that my doctor's surgery will be offering me the Pzifer instead of AZ:

'Governments have different answers to this question. Health experts generally agree that the mixing and matching of the vaccines should be safe. But clinical trials are ongoing.'

'Andrew Freedman, a reader in infectious diseases at Cardiff University’s School of Medicine told CNBC: “Studies are ongoing to look at the concept of mix and match. There’s no theoretical reason why that shouldn’t be feasible and safe but we have to wait for these studies.'

'Several trials are underway to look at the effects of mixing vaccines. The U.K. launched a trial in February looking specifically at mixing the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine with the Pfizer-BioNtech shot. Findings are not expected to be available until the summer.'

'The safety and efficacy of a mixed-product series have not been evaluated. Both doses of the series should be completed with the same product.'

Pzifer says :

''No. When the same mRNA vaccine product is temporarily unavailable, it is preferable to delay the second dose up to 6 weeks following the first dose to administer the same product rather than administer a mixed series using a different product.'

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
Not yet. I was meant to get my 2nd jab on 2nd of June. However, the GP left a message on my pal's voice mail yesterday( there was a mix up) saying that I need to get in touch with her surgery.
I'm under the impression that they have stopped the AZ at her place..........so we'll see on Monday.

They are apparently mixing vaccines over here and the under 55's who received a 1 st dose of AZ will be getting their 2 nd dose with Pfizer.

I'm still scheduled to get my 2 nd jab of AZ. As I thought, they are no longer giving AZ to the under 55's and will be mixing and matching vaccines.

They are mixing and matching vaccines over here (some conflicting information) and I'm not too happy about this. I think that my doctor's surgery will be offering me the Pzifer instead of AZ:

'Governments have different answers to this question. Health experts generally agree that the mixing and matching of the vaccines should be safe. But clinical trials are ongoing.'

'Andrew Freedman, a reader in infectious diseases at Cardiff University’s School of Medicine told CNBC: “Studies are ongoing to look at the concept of mix and match. There’s no theoretical reason why that shouldn’t be feasible and safe but we have to wait for these studies.'

'Several trials are underway to look at the effects of mixing vaccines. The U.K. launched a trial in February looking specifically at mixing the AstraZeneca-Oxford vaccine with the Pfizer-BioNtech shot. Findings are not expected to be available until the summer.'

'The safety and efficacy of a mixed-product series have not been evaluated. Both doses of the series should be completed with the same product.'

Pzifer says :

''No. When the same mRNA vaccine product is temporarily unavailable, it is preferable to delay the second dose up to 6 weeks following the first dose to administer the same product rather than administer a mixed series using a different product.'

Update :

Oxford researchers found people jabbed with AstraZeneca then Pfizer, or the other way around, were more likely to report symptoms like fever, chills or headaches.
There is not yet any data showing whether the mixed dosing regimes made the jabs more effective.

Experts say side effects could indicate a stronger immune response but add that this is not a clear link.

Despite Britain not currently advising mixing and matching, other countries, such as France, have offered AstraZeneca recipients a top-up with Pfizer's vaccine because of blood clot scares.

Mixing Pfizer and AstraZeneca jabs 'could worsen side effects'

I find this a bit of a concern as they haven't had a conclusion further to their ongoing trials of mixing and matching. Why are they doing the latter on such a large part of the population without knowing what the risks and possible side effects are?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
Our local ward has started vaccinating everybody over 55 with Pfizer/AZ so I am going to book an appointment tomorrow. Much of Västra Götaland is now starting on over 50s.

Do you know which one you'll be getting?

BTW, I called AstraZeneca yesterday and the agent wanted to have a list of the side effects that I had. She also asked me to call back after my 2nd jab as they want to list as many possible side effects that people get.

She was indeed a lovely Swedish lady who had a nice accent.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC