Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Image may contain: text that says 'GOVERNMENT REQUIRES DOMESTICATION. REFUSE. RESIST. REWILD.''GOVERNMENT REQUIRES DOMESTICATION. REFUSE. RESIST. REWILD.'
So I guess it's the cabin in the woods for you? Preferably without internet access.

2021 will be a year of great suffering, new viruses will come, and they will be fatal in almost all cases, and also world war three, there will be millions if not billions of deaths this year, I wish you all good luck in the coming year.👽
Well aren’t you just a ray of sunshine. 🤨
Thanks for the luck though. 😁

Norway said Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority as countries assess the real-world side effects of the first shots to gain approval.

Read more at: Covid-19 vaccine: 23 senior citizens die after taking Pfizer shot
Gosh. I thought that was covered in Vaccines 101. In fact, isn't the purpose of herd immunity is so that we don't have to vaccinate people who are already weakened? Like the very old and the very young.

We already knew that many people get flu like side effects. You would think they would know better.

"For those with the most severe frailty, even relatively mild vaccine side effects can have serious consequences,”

Yeah, Duh.

Norway said Covid-19 vaccines may be too risky for the very old and terminally ill, the most cautious statement yet from a European health authority as countries assess the real-world side effects of the first shots to gain approval.

Read more at: Covid-19 vaccine: 23 senior citizens die after taking Pfizer shot

that is not good news as our next door city (600,000 pop) has just stopped all vaccines for everyone EXCEPT for seniors homes/workers - they have terrible outbreaks in their seniors homes

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

They are offering NHS flu jabs to people over 50 here now. My husband hasn't got a letter about it but his brother did. I think it was for people over 65 before this pandemic.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
When I saw this headline, and before reading the story, I figured that Starbucks would not only be administering coffee to the health care workers who were providing the injections, making sure that the lines kept moving. But maybe even providing coffee coupons to people who got in line to get the shot as an inducement.

Its actually all about logistics. but I still like my concept.

They are offering NHS flu jabs to people over 50 here now. My husband hasn't got a letter about it but his brother did. I think it was for people over 65 before this pandemic.

They've just started (yesterday) the roll out and are vaccinating the priority group. With the look of things,it looks like the 2 nd group (+65) won't get a jab before March/April.
They are so slow and disorganised over here. There are so many anti vaxxer debates all over the media.

Due to the high number of covid cases in the UK they have to be on top of the situation. The immediate goal is to vaccinate a high number of the population and that's the reason why they have opened so many vaccination hubs.

When I saw this headline, and before reading the story, I figured that Starbucks would not only be administering coffee to the health care workers who were providing the injections, making sure that the lines kept moving. But maybe even providing coffee coupons to people who got in line to get the shot as an inducement.

Its actually all about logistics. but I still like my concept.

I think that all countries need the army to step in and use battle force techniques as they call them. It's not as simple task as just to keep the lines moving.
Vaccinating the entire world population has never been done before and it looks like every country has had some teething problems with perhaps the exception of Israel.
In all fairness they don't have a large population and they are far more disciplined compared to some other countries.

I've just received an email from one of the members on my UK/US group in my area with an update on the vaccine roll out. Apparently, you have several hurdles before you get the jab. Various people ask for your ID, medical SS card, a nurse gives you a jab, you wait for 15 minutes (5 different people) and then another person gives you a 2 nd appointment.

She didn't see a doctor because there was no need. This means that the entire process doesn't depend on medical staff except for the nurse who gives you a jab. They only need one doctor in the event of someone having a severe allergic reaction.

So overall it's quite a lengthy procedure and at this rate, it'll take them months to do complete the roll out in the town.

• Sad
Reactions: KLS52
Here in Florida they are doing many vaccination sites, most require appointments which fill up very fast as they run out of doses. I think appointments are weeks in advance. Publix supermarkets are now scheduling appointments too. I haven't looked into the process yet.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Here you have to receive a letter from the government before you can book a Covid jab.

I just read on the BBC news that about one in 10 people across the UK tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies in December, roughly double the October figure, data has shown.

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
I think that all countries need the army to step in and use battle force techniques as they call them. It's not as simple task as just to keep the lines moving.
Vaccinating the entire world population has never been done before and it looks like every country has had some teething problems with perhaps the exception of Israel.
In all fairness they don't have a large population and they are far more disciplined compared to some other countries.

Disciplined/Authoritarian.

I like this idea.

Trader Joe's, Dollar General And Others Are Paying Workers To Get Vaccines

.... (Aldis) joined Trader Joe's and Dollar General in offering to pay employees extra hourly wages to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Online grocery-delivery firm Instacart, meanwhile, is offering a $25 stipend for eligible workers and contractors.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, says the United States will likely need a vaccination level of between 70% and 90% to reach herd immunity.

1611388913845.png

Crowds at Heathrow Airport have sparked "super spreader" concerns after pictures emerged of a packed departures hall with limited social distancing.
Sir Peter Westmacott posted a photo of Terminal 2 on Friday with the caption: "T2 Heathrow Friday afternoon. No ventilation. Long delays. Super spreading."