Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

He spoke to his manager and apparently two men at my husband's work are very ill with Covid. He hadn't seen them though so it wasn't them he had contact with. I suppose it could have been a random person he was close to on London Underground. He doesn't have any symptoms at all.
I hope he remains healthy 💗

My husband had his NHS trace app off on his phone "sigh" but it is on it now. It says he has to isolate for 6 days as he has been in contact with someone with Covid. I woke up one day this week feeling like I had a cold. I mentioned it in here so I will read back and check the day.
will he be tested?

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
If Israel can do it why are we all behind with the vaccination roll out ? I'm impressed by this country and in the way the gouvernement
has rolled out the vaccination strategy.

I must say that ever since I visited the country, I've always been so admirative of how Israel and it's people are organised. They also
have a huge community spirit. It is also a known fact that they have one the best secret services in the world.

CRACKDOWN ON FAKE NEWS

As the vaccination campaign began, Israel announced that it had asked Facebook to take down four pages that were spreading anti-vaccine content.
Facebook complied with the request, removing what Israel's justice ministry described as 'deliberately mendacious content designed to mislead about coronavirus vaccines'.
The fake news included spurious claims that vaccines would be used to plant chips in people's bodies, poison them or subject them to medical experiments.
The US firm confirmed that four Hebrew-language groups had been taken down as part of a policy against 'spreading misinformation regarding the vaccines'.

Israel is not showing vaccine leadership, it is demonstrating medical apartheid – Mondoweiss

The death toll in the UK has reached 80 000 and a medical experts says that it is expected to rise to a 100 000 before the population is vaccinated.

Over here we have a local curfew starting at 18 h until 6 am as from today. The numbers are also rising and there is no vaccine roll out plan
as yet.

Scary times from many of us. Despite the news some people are still not abiding by the rules and still meeting up.

The number of patients with COVID-19 in hospital is at a record high in England, while the official coronavirus death toll for the UK
passed 80,000 on Saturday and lab-confirmed cases hit more than three million.

Medics and experts have warned things are likely to get worse still, with the full impact of Christmas not yet evident.
One medic told Sky News the NHS is "breaking in front of us".

Oh yes, I meant to say I know two people now that have been vaccinated. A paramedic who works for the NHS and his elderly mother. I'm not sure if my MIL has had it yet as she is over 80. They are saying by Autumn every adult (that wants the vaccine) will be vaccinated.

Reactions: Emma JC
I have several nursing friends who have been vaccinated. My cousin went at 9:30 this morning. Her son is an ER doctor and received his second shot last week. He felt unwell the day after and then was back to normal after that. My other cousin goes Friday.
I’m annoyed at what I’m hearing about there being available vaccine and that some of it is being discarded. And I’m annoyed that Connecticut has made the second wave available to people over 75. I was hoping it would be 70 as my husband is 72. It would have been nice to have him protected at least. I’ll be 69 next month so I wouldn’t be eligible either way.

Well, I might get bumped up on the waiting list as apparently now 60 % of the population refuse to get vaccinated.

Apparently the other 40% are desperate to get the jab, which means including myself and two friends.

In some areas they are considering paying people to get vaccinated. I heard as much as $2000.

If that falls thru it might be local business or HMOs that pick up the slack. Coupons, gift certificates, stuff like that. I also predict that we see "Vaccinated" apparel.: shirts, hats, stuff like that. Maybe get the shot and get a hat.

• Wow
Reactions: KLS52 and Emma JC
I am struggling with comprehending why people don't understand "stay the _____ at home".

Even members of my own family are out driving around and visiting other family, which is bad enough (and they are all over 70) but they truly don't seem to understand that even the driving part is a risk as accidents can still happen and that means exposure to all kinds including to other people involved in the accident, to the EMTs, to a hospital despite their being full... and so on.

We are in lockdown and yet the roads are busy and many just don't seem to get it. Go for a walk if you like and don't slip on the ice/snow.

okay, rant over

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

• Friendly
  • Sad
Reactions: Lou and Raven
People here still don't seem to understand what 2 metres is! I was in a shop yesterday and I was the only one standing the correct distance away from other people. I saw dog walkers in the park today not standing the correct distance apart either.

People here still don't seem to understand what 2 metres is! I was in a shop yesterday and I was the only one standing the correct distance away from other people. I saw dog walkers in the park today not standing the correct distance apart either.

I feel your pain as it's the same over here and our distance is only 1 metre.:oops:

Another coworker tested positive! :dismay:
There are 4 people in my dept (and 2 are there just temporarily) and we've been given more restrictions on staying 6 feet apart. It's mainly because we have higher management visiting this week. It's going to be very hard to keep that up! My coworker has already had covid in Nov.
We're going to be able to get tested at work starting in Feb on a voluntary basis. I guess if you feel sick you can be tested on the spot

I read an article that said that social distancing, washing hands and wearing masks did flatten the curve. but there was a Next step that never got fully or well implemented. contact tracing and testing.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I just heard on the BBC news that a person over 75 has a one in eight chance of dying from Covid and a person of 40 has a 1 in 1000 chance!

I just got this in an email.

If they put the vaccine in beer and opened up the pubs, the whole country would be vaccinated by next Tuesday.
:)
The use of the word pubs makes me think that this is directed to a UK audience. But it got me to thinking that maybe they should put getting the vaccine as a prerequisite to certain activities. Going to school, going to work. Getting on a plane.
🏫⛑️✈️
Going to Church? (uh oh).
⛪
Then this idea would require a "proof of vaccination" card or something like that. and I see a controversy there. in fact, I think Bill Gates has been (falsely) accused of pushing the ideas of implanted chips. although I think that might be a good idea. Invisible ink tattoos on school children has also been suggested.

Maybe a vaccination card or an app on your phone. these could be popular if they got you something. 10% off on your health insurance? Gym membership. Tuition. $5 off at Bed Bath and Beyond.

😷