Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

The line for the first drive thru vaccinations in Volusia County was ridiculous! People got in line at 5 AM or earlier and the line stretched for miles! I will wait until my doctor's office gets it. The vaccinations are for 65+ at this time.

Scotland is going into a lockdown and Bojo will address the nation tonight at 8 pm:

Boris Johnson will make a TV address tonight to set out "further steps" to combat the spread of COVID-19.
The prime minister is expected to speak at 8pm amid calls for a third national lockdown in England.

Ha! whenever I see "Bojo" I read it as BOGO. (Buy One, Get One free.) Always perks me right up. :)

I just read an article about the vaccination site. Some people camped out over night even bringing their dogs! There will be another round tomorrow and more madness I am sure. I don't think I can post the article because it is a subscription to the Daytona newspaper. I will try though.

Let me know if you can see that.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
I just read an article about the vaccination site. Some people camped out over night even bringing their dogs! There will be another round tomorrow and more madness I am sure. I don't think I can post the article because it is a subscription to the Daytona newspaper. I will try though.

Let me know if you can see that.
I can see it---that video of the dog and his avocado pillow is adorable!

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Ok weird. I just opened the link shyvas posted and it said the exact thing that I just saw about the U.K. wtheck.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Ok weird. I just opened the link shyvas posted and it said the exact thing that I just saw about the U.K. wtheck.

The latest news in the UK Covid wise is that the hospitals are nearing breaking point. Ambulances have to wait for several hours outside A&E but are not turning patients away.

"Hospitals are stretched to breaking point, with doctors reporting unbearable workloads as they take on more Covid-19 admissions alongside the growing backlog of people who need other, non-Covid care.

"Doctors are desperate, with some even comparing their working environment to a warzone as wards overflow, waiting lists grow, and ambulances queue outside hospitals because there are now so many people with Covid-19.

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC
I deleted my other post because I don’t want to be spreading false info. They had the PM on tv and said the exact thing about the U.K. as what was in the article about LA. So better not to have possible misinformation.

Thanks shyvas. So weird that it said that on my morning news. I’m going to see if they repeat it.

• Friendly
I deleted my other post because I don’t want to be spreading false info. They had the PM on tv and said the exact thing about the U.K. as what was in the article about LA. So better not to have possible misinformation.

I watch the major UK news channels several times a day and have not heard that. However, I did hear on CNN that apparently emergency workers in LA county are told not to bring people into hospital who cannot be saved.

Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I watch the major UK news channels several times a day and have not heard that. However, I did hear on CNN that apparently emergency workers in LA county are told not to bring people into hospital who cannot be saved.
Yes that seems to be correct. So scary in either case.

• Agree
I think this is going to be around for a long time. I’m almost about to give up. Obviously I will continue to mask up, wash hands and sanitize to excess, but I definitely have covid fatigue at this point. I’ll stay put throughout the winter but as soon as the weather breaks I’m going to try and do more outdoors. I’m tired of this thing controlling my life.
Of course I say that...this coming from the person with health anxiety and who now panics at the first onset of the tiniest sneeze lol. 😁 I think I’m just venting because I’m watching the news and I haven’t done that for so long. I do better when I unplug I think. I’m going back to my hallmark channel.

I think this is going to be around for a long time. I’m almost about to give up. Obviously I will continue to mask up, wash hands and sanitize to excess, but I definitely have covid fatigue at this point. I’ll stay put throughout the winter but as soon as the weather breaks I’m going to try and do more outdoors. I’m tired of this thing controlling my life.
Of course I say that...this coming from the person with health anxiety and who now panics at the first onset of the tiniest sneeze lol. 😁 I think I’m just venting because I’m watching the news and I haven’t done that for so long. I do better when I unplug I think. I’m going back to my hallmark channel.
:hug:it really does suck, but staying in is the best way to avoid this terrible thing. I am just looking forward to the warmer weather when I can be outside in the sun again!

If Israel can do it why are we all behind with the vaccination roll out ? I'm impressed by this country and in the way the gouvernement
has rolled out the vaccination strategy.

I must say that ever since I visited the country, I've always been so admirative of how Israel and it's people are organised. They also
have a huge community spirit. It is also a known fact that they have one the best secret services in the world.

CRACKDOWN ON FAKE NEWS

As the vaccination campaign began, Israel announced that it had asked Facebook to take down four pages that were spreading anti-vaccine content.
Facebook complied with the request, removing what Israel's justice ministry described as 'deliberately mendacious content designed to mislead about coronavirus vaccines'.
The fake news included spurious claims that vaccines would be used to plant chips in people's bodies, poison them or subject them to medical experiments.
The US firm confirmed that four Hebrew-language groups had been taken down as part of a policy against 'spreading misinformation regarding the vaccines'.

Professor Chris Whitty is saying we might need coronavirus restrictions for next winter if the vaccine drive doesn't suppress enough infections. :(

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: Emma JC and shyvas
Professor Chris Whitty is saying we might need coronavirus restrictions for next winter if the vaccine drive doesn't suppress enough infections. :(

He is right as not all of the population will get vaccinated. Moreover, scientists think that the covid virus will be similar to the flu and will reoccur during the winter months.

Reactions: Urban Gardener