Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Just saw that Connecticut has the vaccine and is in phase 1a. It’s being distributed to healthcare workers, long term care facilities and first responders at risk of being exposed. The rest of us can expect to be vaccinated late Spring/early Summer.

Just saw that Connecticut has the vaccine and is in phase 1a. It’s being distributed to healthcare workers, long term care facilities and first responders at risk of being exposed. The rest of us can expect to be vaccinated late Spring/early Summer.

We’re making good progress with it here in NYC. However, I feel like the worst is yet to come. With the new strain, and holiday gatherings, we could have a bad winter.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and Raven
once again my dad's care home has an outbreak - 2 staff members - fortunately not on his floor but it means they are once again confined to their rooms and my brothers cannot visit on a regular basis

I have a feeling this new virulent form of the virus is more widespread than people realize as the community they live in has had almost no cases this entire time and now 2 staff in one place is scary.

He turns 98 on the 9th.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

once again my dad's care home has an outbreak - 2 staff members - fortunately not on his floor but it means they are once again confined to their rooms and my brothers cannot visit on a regular basis

I have a feeling this new virulent form of the virus is more widespread than people realize as the community they live in has had almost no cases this entire time and now 2 staff in one place is scary.

He turns 98 on the 9th.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I'm so sorry! That's so horrible to not be able to see your loved ones at that age!

I went to Manhattan today and walked around. Lots of people are still not wearing masks or social distancing.

The poverty is extreme. More and more people are visibly homeless or in bad situations. Lots of people are selling their posessions on the street, rummaging through trash cans for food, begging for spare change, etc. I wished I could help.

We got some hail as I turned to head home. I really feel for everyone who has to sleep outdoors or without heat right now.

At work, we were informed that someone has tested positive for covid. They just said it was an employee or a customer and won't tell us more because of privacy. Anyone who was known to have come in contact with this person has already been told to quarantine. I was not one of them thank goodness! This is the second time this has happened and will not be the last I am sure.

I haven’t felt good since NYE so I scheduled a test for Monday. I’m hoping I will feel better and then I will cancel it. It’s just a precaution and I wanted to grab a slot just in case. It’s highly unlikely that I have covid considering I don’t go anywhere. It’s probably allergies.

I haven’t felt good since NYE so I scheduled a test for Monday. I’m hoping I will feel better and then I will cancel it. It’s just a precaution and I wanted to grab a slot just in case. It’s highly unlikely that I have covid considering I don’t go anywhere. It’s probably allergies.
Did your family get together? I'm thinking maybe it's psychosomatic :laughing:
How you feel better!

I was just out at 3 different stores. Anytime I go anywhere but Aldi I get nervous.
I have 2 sweaters from Kohls I wanted to return, as they're really too big, but I definitely didn't want to go there! One I can wear at least, the other is just too much, but only like $8 so worth donating