The Everything Christmas Thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of holiday safety..Is it safe to leave Christmas lights on all night? Do you guys leave your trees lit up until morning? I always unplug mine because I'm paranoid about a fire. I'm not sure if that's irrational or not. I would assume it's risky with a real tree but what about fake ones?

I'm ridiculous with unplugging stuff. I can't leave the house, lately, without checking my "list" to make sure the iron is off, hair dryer/flat iron, heated mattress pad, coffee pot etc. are off/unplugged. So yeah...I don't go to bed with the lights on. :( I blame it on the anxiety.

I'm ridiculous with unplugging stuff. I can't leave the house, lately, without checking my "list" to make sure the iron is off, hair dryer/flat iron, heated mattress pad, coffee pot etc. are off/unplugged. So yeah...I don't go to bed with the lights on. :( I blame it on the anxiety.
I am the same way. I always have to check the stove, the curling iron/blow dryer, all of that. I unplug my tree at night as well.

I am the same way. I always have to check the stove, the curling iron/blow dryer, all of that. I unplug my tree at night as well.

Same here. We're just overly cautious. :D

Reactions: PTree15
Reactions: KLS52
Christmas tree is up now. Looks very nice with sparkly lights. It is a fibre optic tree so there is a lot of different ligt things going on. I didnt put it up, it is nice when someone else does it. Have been tired so I happily watched it being assembled and decorated. Most years I would be the one doing it but feel unwell.

:) I know it's a cliche but my favourite Christmas song is Fairytale of New York , I also like 2000 Miles by the Pretenders and Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You.:oops:

Boyfriend creates an 'alternative christmas' CD every year, which we play throughout the festive season. This year's CD is called "miXmas 2012" and contains some awesome tracks. My favourites:

Failsafe -Fairytale of New York
My Chemical Romance - All I Want for Christmas is You
Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
The Matches - December is for Cynics
RUN-DMC - Christmas in Hollis
Jimmy Eat World - Last Christmas
Fountains of Wayne - I Want an Alien for Christmas

Reactions: PTree15
I had to YouTube Fairytale in New York and 2000 Miles. Not sure what to make of Fairytale... is it meant to be funny, sad or a little of both? I really like it either way. And I love the Pretenders... very cool song.
I have Mariah in my Christmas song collection. :)

Freesia, sorry you are not feeling well...it's nice that you got to see your tree go up. Maybe you can post a picture at some point. :)

Reactions: Freesia and PTree15
AF...I see I'm going to have to YouTube more songs later on! :)

Reactions: AeryFairy
Aery - I'm going to have to look those songs up.:up:

I had to YouTube Fairytale in New York and 2000 Miles. Not sure what to make of Fairytale... is it meant to be funny, sad or a little of both? I really like it either way. And I love the Pretenders... very cool song.
I have Mariah in my Christmas song collection. :)

I think it's supposed to be funny.:confused::p

Reactions: AeryFairy
Thanks ((((((KLS))))) yes I will post a picture of it at some point. I am doing some Christmas paintings soon too.

:) I know it's a cliche but my favourite Christmas song is Fairytale of New York , I also like 2000 Miles by the Pretenders and Mariah Carey - All I Want For Christmas Is You.:oops:

Those are 3 of my favourites too. Also War is Over, Snoopys Christmas, Please Come Home for Christmas (The Eagles), and Cantique de Noel (O holy night).

Boyfriend creates an 'alternative christmas' CD every year, which we play throughout the festive season. This year's CD is called "miXmas 2012" and contains some awesome tracks. My favourites:

Fall Out Boy - Yule Shoot Your Eye Out
RUN-DMC - Christmas in Hollis
Fountains of Wayne - I Want an Alien for Christmas

Ha ha...I like these. :)

Pretty. How did you do that?
Peel and stick wall decals! :)
My daughter has used them in the kids room...they peel right off when you're done.

I ordered it from Amazon... I'm addicted to that website. :)

Yes my mother seems to always be getting things from Amazon and Ebay. I use it sometimes. I use a local website for books which is great because no shipping costs, but it can take a long time to deliver...

Status
Not open for further replies.