The Everything Christmas Thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallyomally

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Mods, feel free to move this wherever you see fit. Post your pics,plans, holiday decorations, you get the idea.I'll start off with this little bit of "whoa".
r
81698180709890343_XVxZ6Wxj_c.jpg
t.

Reactions: KLS52
I put up my snowflake window decorations today and I want to get some Poinsettias this week.:smitten:

I was thinking of watching A Charlie Brown Christmas later.:)

Reactions: KLS52
My roommates got a fake tree this year. It's the first Christmas tree my cat Marlie has ever had. I am not sure about my cat Cash, because he's a shelter rescue who had a previous owner. But he does make an adorable "present" sitting under it.

Aww.... now I kinda want to make a gingerbread house. I have the powdered soymilk, come on over!
:D
I love gingerbread houses! Never made one out if actual gingerbread. When my kids were younger we used to make gb houses using graham crackers. Everyone got to make their own smaller house. :)

http://www.google.com/search?q=graham cracker house ideas&hl=en&client=safari&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=apW6UOyVMeu10AHe5YCABw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=320&bih=416#p=0
Ohhhh cute! I can never find vegan graham crackers though. I know they exist! If could, I'd totally do that.

I put up my snowflake window decorations today and I want to get some Poinsettias this week.:smitten:

I was thinking of watching A Charlie Brown Christmas later.:)

Are poinsettias dangerous for animals? I'm always reading conflicting information so I've avoided getting any.

I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas the other night while it was on tv. I hadn't seen it in over ten years. I forgot what little bastards those kids were to Charlie in the beginning of the movie. ;( Poor Charlie was treated like crap.

I almost bought a gingerbread house kit yesterday. It was on sale at Aldi for $3. I've made a few of them over the years , but none of them were from scratch.

One of my favorite Christmas movies involved this guy:
gremlins-christmas-gizmo2.jpg
and of course no Christmas would be the same without the Griswalds! I watch this movie every single year.
Christmas-Vacation-Movie.jpg

And yes that is Leonard from Big Bang Theory for all you young ones who missed out on the 80s.

152278031120147196_ElEvHthb_c.jpg

1895 . The first electrically lighted Christmas tree was displayed in the White House by First Lady Frances Cleveland. This event was instrumental in bringing the wonder of electric Christmas tree lighting to the general public's awareness. The tree was set up in the family room and library (today the Yellow Oval Room), and decorated with gold angels with spreading wings, gold and silver sleds, tops of every description, and lots of tinsel. Under the tree was a miniature White House and a doll..

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I really like Bad Santa, Die Hard and Scrooged.:p

One of my favorite Christmas movies involved this guy:
gremlins-christmas-gizmo2.jpg

<3Aww.

I didn't know that about Poinsettias, I've bought them many times before. :eek: I will have to keep them in my kitchen and porch.

Reactions: thefadedone
:D
Ohhhh cute! I can never find vegan graham crackers though. I know they exist! If could, I'd totally do that.

I say, go for your first thought and do the real thing...and post pictures!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.