The Everything Christmas Thread 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so remember these..
4855512070178118_t6UI89Zz_c.jpg
4855512070178236_3cx2JVzd_c.jpg
27021666483776355_Zg3qlTvd_c.jpg
174303448047713373_Np4LUg9b_c.jpg

Haha...me too! I so had one of those cardboard fireplaces, lol. And I couldn't wait for the Sears Christmas catalog to be delivered every year! :)

Bogart in his Christmas collar...I want some kind of Santa/elf/reindeer hat for him so bad but can't seem to find any in the stores...I'm sure he's happy about that as he is most certainly thrilled with the collar, lol. He's only wearing it for the quick pic...I wouldn't leave it on him for any length of time. :)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354447473.652361.jpg

The main street in my neighbourhood put up these giant coloured laterns on every lamp post, along with speakers which play Christmas music. There's a hot chocolate station and a Santa Claus and an information booth with elves it. I am so excited. This neighbourhood is pretty poor but oh-so full of kitsch.
That sounds amazing! Especially having the Christmas music. :)

Do the elves look like these justwondering? ;)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354464045506.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354464045506.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 181
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354464053415.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354464053415.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 197
  • uploadfromtaptalk1354464065137.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354464065137.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 172
I think the Christmas tree will be going up this week. There are also a couple of sets of blue fairy lights but I dont know where they are going. Unfortunately it is raining a lot right now, I hope it dries up soon. Many houses in the neighbourhood do awesome outdoor christmas decoration and it is nice to do a drive by.

Reactions: KLS52
Is this your tree? It's beautiful. I've always wanted a white tree.
it will be...one of these years. :p
stumbled across it on the interwebs and fell in love with it.

I so remember these..
4855512070178118_t6UI89Zz_c.jpg
omigosh, this reminds me of one of my favorite (funniest) movies that i need to add in the underrated films thread:
BLAST FROM THE PAST

Reactions: thefadedone
Moved this to the Festivities forum, as it's not just for food and drink!

Decorated the flat this weekend, it's so very festive. I shall post pictures soon! :D

Are poinsettias dangerous for animals? I'm always reading conflicting information so I've avoided getting any.

This might be a good place to discuss how to keep our pets safe this holiday season. I have heard poinsettias are poisonous as well. Also, I made the request of my roommates that is they were going to have a tree not to put tinsel on it. If animals ingest tinsel, it can cut up their digestive tract and result in emergency vet visits. I am already a little nervous because they put up a fake tree and one of the guys caught Cash gnawing on a branch. He's been known to get bored and chew on the broom if we store it bristles down and I have found hairballs with black bristles in them before, so I am hoping I don't find bits of Christmas tree next.

This might be a good place to discuss how to keep our pets safe this holiday season. I have heard poinsettias are poisonous as well. Also, I made the request of my roommates that is they were going to have a tree not to put tinsel on it. If animals ingest tinsel, it can cut up their digestive tract and result in emergency vet visits. I am already a little nervous because they put up a fake tree and one of the guys caught Cash gnawing on a branch. He's been known to get bored and chew on the broom if we store it bristles down and I have found hairballs with black bristles in them before, so I am hoping I don't find bits of Christmas tree next.

We have a fake tree, the bottom branches are higher than Ivy's head so I'm hoping she won't go for a nibble. She doesn't like to raise herself up on her hind legs and there's nothing near it she can stand on to reach. We have tinsel, but again, it's out of reach, and not particularly thick or long. The only thing I'm worried about is the lights - Ivy has started gnawing stray wires.

Here's a good article about cat proofing your tree: http://www.wikihow.com/Cat-Proof-Your-Christmas-Tree

Reactions: GingerFoxx
I did a very bad and probably unpopular thing last year. I didn't put up a Christmas tree...in the house...I bought a real tree and put it up outdoors, just outside my living room window. I decorated it with lights and weatherproof ornaments and bows. It was very pretty! And I had none of the mess or kitty worry. Unconventional, I know and certainly not an option for apartment dwellers, but it worked for me. I will probably do it again this year.

I did decorate inside with other Christmas decorations...best of both worlds.

I did a very bad and probably unpopular thing last year. I didn't put up a Christmas tree...in the house...I bought a real tree and put it up outdoors, just outside my living room window. I decorated it with lights and weatherproof ornaments and bows. It was very pretty! And I had none of the mess or kitty worry. Unconventional, I know and certainly not an option for apartment dwellers, but it worked for me. I will probably do it again this year.

That's a really good idea :) Definitely not an option here (living in an apartment), but it sounds really cool!

Very cool! If you do it again this year make sure to post some pics.

it will be...one of these years. :p
stumbled across it on the interwebs and fell in love with it.

They are always dirt cheap at the end of the season when all the Christmas merchandise gets marked down. I was so tempted to buy one last year but I have a small fiber optic pink tree that I love so I couldn't justify buying another tree.

Speaking of holiday safety..Is it safe to leave Christmas lights on all night? Do you guys leave your trees lit up until morning? I always unplug mine because I'm paranoid about a fire. I'm not sure if that's irrational or not. I would assume it's risky with a real tree but what about fake ones?

Speaking of holiday safety..Is it safe to leave Christmas lights on all night? Do you guys leave your trees lit up until morning? I always unplug mine because I'm paranoid about a fire. I'm not sure if that's irrational or not. I would assume it's risky with a real tree but what about fake ones?

I unplug mine because nobody is up to appreciate them, so they just waste electricity if we leave them on :p

Reactions: thefadedone
Status
Not open for further replies.