The Everything Animal Thread

1612355890706.png

I've just signed yet another petition as the above dog was found tied up with duck tape around it's mouth in
a forest. The number of pets that are being abandoned over here each year is on the rise.

My friend's niece found a pup tied up to her gate the other month. He was amongst the lucky ones as my
friend immediately called the owner of a sanctuary and it got adopted.

According to the SPA (Society for the protection of animals) more than 100,000 dogs and cats are abandoned in France each year, with as many as 60,000 during the summer vacation. It estimates the rate of animal abandonment increased by 28 percent in 2019, a record in Europe.

Many of the abandoned animals end up in refuges where "one cat out of five is put to death,” Hutin, whose charity helps some 200 refuges, told France Info.

• Sad
Reactions: PTree15
So today I learned that some ornithologists don't really like birds. Just look at what they name them.
The following is a list of real bird names. Yeah. ahead and google some. There are pictures.

Drab Seedeater.
Satanic Nightjar
Go-Away-Bird
Dickcissel
Hoary Puffleg
Fluffy backed Tit babbler
Horned screamer

• Haha
  • Informative
Reactions: KLS52, 1956 and Sax
1612716404009.png

The seal population is rising in this part of the country and they are recruiting seal wardens to make sure that the animals stay safe:

The seals in Norfolk are truly one of the county’s most special sights to see. Without any doubt, it is an incredible WOW factor and one that you must see when in Norfolk.

Whether you come to see them with their seal pups in the winter months, or watch them basking in the sun in the summer months,
this spectacle in Norfolk is an all year round activity to enjoy.

These videos remind me of two YouTube channels that I used to watch.

Vet Ranch is a couple of vets who help out badly injured animals for free. they ask for donations and I imagine they get money from YouTube, too. But they haven't had any new posts in months. Not sure what happened to them

Hope For Paws is a guy located in Southern California who has a whole network of volunteers. He also asks for donations and probably gets money from YouTube. He also drives a Toyota that Toyota provides to charities. Most of the animals he rescues end up at the vet so he probably uses the money he gets to pay vet bills.

Mostly we get to see the rescues that are happy endings. If you like this stuff you should check out their channels.

Reactions: shyvas
I posted this in the cool things I found on the internet thread.
But sure, there is a cat in the video.

It would have been so funny if they had held the meeting without telling him - recording it for the public to see.

Reactions: KLS52
It would have been so funny if they had held the meeting without telling him - recording it for the public to see.
You can see yourself in a Zoom meeting so it wouldn't take too long to figure it out. but from now on I'm going with the cat filter at zoom meetings. that kitty was so cute!

Reactions: Urban Gardener
You can see yourself in a Zoom meeting so it wouldn't take too long to figure it out. but from now on I'm going with the cat filter at zoom meetings. that kitty was so cute!

And seeing (hearing) him figure it out would have been hilarious.

Going with the cat filter because some people think tigers are scary?

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52